Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies.

+14
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
JAH
terenceanne
karlypants
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
doffcocker
MartinBWFC
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Sun Nov 23 2014, 12:55

JAH wrote: These are the same sort of people that go on about payer loyalty and want to dump a player as soon as he's injured.

As soon as he's injured.....?

He's been permanently carrying an injury of one description or another throughout pretty much his entire career.

And not just with us, he missed more games for Wolves than he actually played.

The question is, is it worth paying him thousands of pounds a week to sit in the stands most of the time, in the hope that he'll be fit enough to play 15 games a season?

Surely that money would be better spent on someone who could be relied upon to be fit and available for the majority of games and not the other way round?

42Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Sun Nov 23 2014, 15:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:
JAH wrote: These are the same sort of people that go on about payer loyalty and want to dump a player as soon as he's injured.

As soon as he's injured.....?

He's been permanently carrying an injury of one description or another throughout pretty much his entire career.

And not just with us, he missed more games for Wolves than he actually played.

The question is, is it worth paying him thousands of pounds a week to sit in the stands most of the time, in the hope that he'll be fit enough to play 15 games a season?

Surely that money would be better spent on someone who could be relied upon to be fit and available for the majority of games and not the other way round?

Sense has been spoken .....unfortunately the daft on here will think it's something personal against Mavies.....who I think is a good player but just glass ankles.

43Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Sun Nov 23 2014, 15:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but he's got a knee injury?

44Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Sun Nov 23 2014, 17:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

terenceanne wrote:
Sense has been spoken .....unfortunately the daft on here will think it's something personal against Mavies.....who I think is a good player but just glass knees.

Fixed it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

45Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Sun Nov 23 2014, 18:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If I remember, we took on Mavies knowing that he was prone to injury. I agree it's been like that for 5 years or thereabouts, but if we knew that, we can't complain when it turns out to be the case.
If I'm honest, I also think he should be shown the door, however, give the guy at least a few days to find out exactly what is going to happen before turning our backs on him.

46Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Sun Nov 23 2014, 19:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Admire your loyalty glos, but let's face it he's been crocked far more than he's been fit, we need a stronger more flexible squad, Holden and Davies were blessed with talent, but cursed with shit bodies.

47Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Mon Nov 24 2014, 11:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
karlypants wrote:Can't believe he has done his knee in again!

Mavies and Holden need to go.
karly Holden's not under contract to us or being paid by us. So he's technically "gone" already mate. 

As to Mavies, well, it's hard to disagree but I have to ask if there's something behind the number of BWFC players who've picked up knee injuries in the last few seasons. Is there something up with the pitch?
I seemed to have forgotten about that. Smile

48Mark Davies. - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Davies. Mon Nov 24 2014, 16:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

MartinBWFC wrote:Admire your loyalty glos, but let's face it he's been crocked far more than he's been fit, we need a stronger more flexible squad, Holden and Davies were blessed with talent, but cursed with shit bodies.

I cant disagree with that Martin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum