Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The rise and rise of UKIP...

+19
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
mark leach
White84
wanderlust
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
rammywhite
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wessy
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

21The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 10:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote: I would have thought that they represent a more ethical choice than the presently grotesque alternatives.

Expect a death threat in the post.

22The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love that people think a millionaire banker and 2 former tories are "in touch" and represent an "alternative" vote.

23The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 11:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I love that people think a millionaire banker and 2 former tories are "in touch" and represent an "alternative" vote.

Who said they were in touch?

They want to leave the EU, that's why I'm voting for them.

24The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 11:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Xmiles: Compare the Greens' principles with those of the other parties who are prepared to sell their souls and sacrifice any sense of morality to win/keep power.

Natasha: I thought you purported to be a church-going Christian. You seem to be suggesting that death-threats are an answer to someone who doesn't share your views. That's not what I meant by "grotesque" but perhaps I under-estimated the nature of those who choose UKIP.

25The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 11:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Natasha: I thought you purported to be a church-going Christian. You seem to be suggesting that death-threats are an answer to someone who doesn't share your views.

There's plenty of threats and death in the bible.

I'll add you to my prayer list.

26The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 11:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I love that people think a millionaire banker and 2 former tories are "in touch" and represent an "alternative" vote.

Who said they were in touch?

They want to leave the EU, that's why I'm voting for them.

Lots of comments I've read from various people online.

27The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 11:53

Nat, can you please add me to your list and ask "The Big Fella" to sort me out with an Evil Knievel Stunt Bike (see below), as I always wanted one as a kid but never got one.

Cheers in advance, pet.

The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Knievel+12

28The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me too. I want one of these. Ta very much.

The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Magic%20Robot

29The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:18

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As a closet political thinker all I can ay is that the UKIP boom seems to be definitely busting.

According to "official" members UKIP has been losing members left right and centre, and many of them have been joining the Greens.  In fact, in the last 6 months UKIP have lost over 10,000 members!

Conservatives are lowering their level to the UKIP and that is definitely not a good thing and it actually shows the closeness between the two right-wing political parties.

Labours direct attack on UKIP's policies is definitely the way to go due to the fact that UKIP like coming out with policies that have no meat and by attacking the policies shows UKIP up for what they are - empty vessels (as in the saying empty vessels make the most noise!)

LibDems are dead and buried and will continue to be so until the remove Clegg as their leader and their only hope, although a backward step, would be to bring Charles Kennedy back to lead them out of the wilderness

Greens are definitely on the rise - possibly as the only alternative to voting UKIP, especially as they are based at the other end of the spectrum.

But the party that will have the power to decide come next election, and have already been mentioned, will be the SNP.  To be fair they are the medium which Britain needs as SNP are not obsessed with everything English - yes albeit  its about everything Scotland but that is good because it will mean a more even approach than what we have at the moment

30The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Nat, can you please add me to your list and ask "The Big Fella" to sort me out with an Evil Knievel Stunt Bike (see below), as I always wanted one as a kid but never got one.

Cheers in advance, pet.

I'm sick of you twats mocking my faith. Perhaps if you had a bit of faith yourself you'd be playing with an Evil Knievel Stunt Bike right now instead of sticking your knob in the hoover attachment.

31The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:34

Is that the sort of sermon that you hear every week in your local church, Nat?

Brill - I'm in!

What time's kick off in the morning?

I'll put some butties up because I can't see them tiny wafer-thingies being very filling.

Is cheese & pickle ok with you?

32The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:Xmiles: Compare the Greens' principles with those of the other parties who are prepared to sell their souls and sacrifice any sense of morality to win/keep power.

Yes I agree they have principles but their policies are a mess - some ideas I really support and some I think are mad.

33The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Is that the sort of sermon that you hear every week in your local church, Nat?

There's no hoover attachment in church, someone stole it.

34The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 13:43

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some SNP members are offering  to stand as election candidates south of the border for next May.
That way the SNP could claim to be standing right across the UK because it would have potential MPs in England as well as Scotland. The woman who is aiming to be elected in Berwick believes that would justify a place on the national stage for new SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon when it comes to pre-election leader debates on television.

The Greens should definitely be part of any televised national debates too. At present, neither they nor the SNP form any part of the television companies' plans for the scheduled tv debates. Their contributions would allow a fuller discussion and understanding of the issues affecting not just England but the UK as a whole.

35The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 14:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good Posts from Breadman and Rammy, In time i think it will be clear that UKIP only ever appealed to Bellends, Welcome home Natasha. 

The reason people vote labour is that they oppose the selfish greedy principles of the far right and have some social concious, the former would appeal to people perhaps who consider themselves as Business woman of the year or suchlike.

Of course your solitary view must be right the tens of millions of labour voters are all stupid, look in the mirror girl and smell the coffee.

In some ways i wish people who voted UKIP had to be governed by them, without affecting others and then you would get what you wished for, this lot would make the Tories look like Mother Teresa they are all far right losers with two policies to leave Europe and to bash immigrants.

So Natasha/Scott why would a business woman want to leave our biggest trading partners ?

36The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sat Nov 22 2014, 14:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:Nat, can you please add me to your list and ask "The Big Fella" to sort me out with an Evil Knievel Stunt Bike (see below), as I always wanted one as a kid but never got one.

Cheers in advance, pet.

I'm sick of you twats mocking my faith. Perhaps if you had a bit of faith yourself you'd be playing with an Evil Knievel Stunt Bike right now instead of sticking your knob in the hoover attachment.
:rofl:

37The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Sun Nov 23 2014, 18:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

People need to read UKIP's full policies instead of just voting for them because they bang the anti Europe drum. I heard Forage on LBC back tracking on some of their policies now they are being highlighted to prospective voters.
I would say that UKIP align themselves as right wing as that cnut Thatcher and her cronies!!

38The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Nov 24 2014, 08:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UKIP's full policies? They don't have any policies at all, they can't even agree on the one thing that brought them into being in the first place. all the backtracking by Reckless and Farage last week before the election about repatriating foreigners and yet they still got elected :facepalm:

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Nov 24 2014, 13:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)

39The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Nov 24 2014, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
The reason people vote labour is that they oppose the selfish greedy principles of the far right and have some social concious, the former would appeal to people perhaps who consider themselves as Business woman of the year or suchlike.

Absolutely laughable comment. It may have been true 30 years ago but have you seen "new Labour" recently? They almost ruined this country both economically and by taking us into a pointless war last time they had power - and yet you'd still vote for them again through some misguided opinion they oppose the selfish.

Remind me what they were doing when the greedy bankers were bringing the UK to its knees?

Bellend.

40The rise and rise of UKIP... - Page 2 Empty Re: The rise and rise of UKIP... Mon Nov 24 2014, 12:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I'm surprised that the Green Party don't attract more of the votes of the disillusioned. I would have thought that they represent a more ethical choice than the presently grotesque alternatives.

The Greens are a fantastic example of the psychology of the British voting public. There is a decent chance that younger voters could perceive the Greens with an open mind and thereby give them an even chance of attracting their vote.
But for the older generations the Greens are often associated with "flakiness" and hippie/alternative weirdness.
Rightly or wrongly, British voters take an oversimplified perception of a political party and that - more than anything that anyone says or does in the present - forms the basis of their voting preferences IMO.
For example...
Tories are right-wing, priveleged, marginally racist, upper/upper middle class serving, nationalist. To some they are all about Victorian family values and formerly the "law and order" party.

As a result of this perceived position, many voters will refuse to vote Tory ever - regardless of who the leader is, what they say or do.

So I think Nat's point disapproving of voting as per historical voting or family tradition of voting a particular way doesn't take account of the underpinning simplified perception.

People have flocked to UKIP because they don't really understand - or care about - what UKIP are really about. For the most part they are clinging to UKIPs simplified perception - nationalist, protectionist, zenophobic with a hint of cocking a snook at "the establishment" - which is about as revolutionary as the UKIP voting sheep will ever become.

Point is that people vote for a very simple perceived concept - not the well-reasoned, well-argued analysis that politician's would like to believe we all undertake.

By and large, political debate, especially around an election merely serves to reinforce individual's existing simple preconceptions which change very slowly over time - but perhaps people are starting to see past UKIPs facade?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum