Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Living the dream, baby!

+8
gloswhite
wanderlust
karlypants
Mr Magoo
Soul Kitchen
bwfc71
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sat Dec 06 2014, 18:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i always wanted to be a sound engineer and left my then job to go and do a years course in Manchester. I passed the course but couldn't get a look in  and find a job so i ended going back to being a Pharmacy technician. The money is ok but it is boring now. How i wish i was touring the world with a band or working in a recording studio but it wasn't to be and too much time has passed now to get back into it.  Sad

22Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After learning the other day that an old mate of mine only has around 6 months to live,I'm not gonna complain about where I am in life.
I don't know how many years I have left,but I'm happy,healthy,have a decent education and look forward to waking up in the mornings. 
Just keep going,enjoy the journey,and have a bloody good laugh along the way. cheers

23Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:After learning the other day that an old mate of mine only has around 6 months to live,I'm not gonna complain about where I am in life.
I don't know how many years I have left,but I'm happy,healthy,have a decent education and look forward to waking up in the mornings. 
Just keep going,enjoy the journey,and have a bloody good laugh along the way. cheers
I agree, not everything is about money.

24Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sat Dec 06 2014, 19:57

I think that seeing what's happened to my parents over the last couple of years is what's brought on this malaise in me.

Life really is too short to be stuck doing something you don't enjoy.

Time for a change, I think.......

25Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sat Dec 06 2014, 20:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could never understand people who were miserable at work and didn't enjoy their job. Why the hell didn't they leave and try something different?

26Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sat Dec 06 2014, 20:54

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Some people get in their comfort zone and find it easier to moan about things than do something to make a change.

27Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 13:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have 4 jobs, each giving satisfaction of different types: I teach English in a private school. (Cushy number, comparatively speaking. It's hugely rewarding to see youngsters who try hard being set up successfully for life); 

I have a qualification which allows me to help individuals and groups with stress management and sports psychology. (Again, highly satisfying to see clients improve their coping skills, both emotionally and physically);

I write a column for a newspaper. (Rewarding except when inspiration is slow to come!);

I am writing a novel. (Slow-going but immensely fulfilling, when finally happy with the outcome of a chapter, a page.......or even a sentence!).

28Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 13:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I have 4 jobs, each giving satisfaction of different types: I teach English in a private school. (Cushy number, comparatively speaking. It's hugely rewarding to see youngsters who try hard being set up successfully for life); 

I have a qualification which allows me to help individuals and groups with stress management and sports psychology. (Again, highly satisfying to see clients improve their coping skills, both emotionally and physically);

I write a column for a newspaper. (Rewarding except when inspiration is slow to come!);

I am writing a novel. (Slow-going but immensely fulfilling, when finally happy with the outcome of a chapter, a page.......or even a sentence!).
I'm knackered just thinking about that lot.
Good luck with the novel though. Shocked

29Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 13:16

Fantastic!

That's what I was getting at when I started this thread.

Good luck with the novel.

If you don't mind my asking, what's it about?

30Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 17:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well, there's a novel by Stan Barstow called Joby. It's all symbolic. I thought it was really clever and loved it, so am now trying to use it for inspiration to pen one in a similar style, making fun of those idle, feckless folk who want everything NOW, NOW, NOW and are not prepared to work to achieve their goals. It also bemoans the demise of "old-fashioned" virtues like integrity, loyalty, constancy, dependability, moral courage etc.

I'm trying to mix satire with heartbreak, injustice, humour, tenderness, morality, love.....and, of course, lashings of sex! The symbolism isn't hard to pick up on: for a start, it's called Short Cut and clearly works on a literal but also metaphorical level. The actual plot is based on a man who causes an accident to his youngest son by being rash, foolhardy and irresponsible.

31Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 17:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote: so am now trying to use it for inspiration to pen one in a similar style, making fun of those idle, feckless folk who want everything NOW, NOW, NOW and are not prepared to work to achieve their goals.

You'd better bloody credit me!

32Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 18:08

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good luck with the novel Okocha. The great thing is that anyone can self publish on kindle etc to get their work out there, let us all know when its done.

33Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 18:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've collected a large portfolio of pictures(mainly by hiding in bushes)of top British entertainers.(OK,one top British entertainer).
I'll be selling them on ebay shortly,so keep your eyes peeled for them. It's a great coffee table book.
In fact it's a great coffee table.
Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 308ffec08b7048b7807519274fe76919

34Living the dream, baby! - Page 2 Empty Re: Living the dream, baby! Sun Dec 07 2014, 21:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote: so am now trying to use it for inspiration to pen one in a similar style, making fun of those idle, feckless folk who want everything NOW, NOW, NOW and are not prepared to work to achieve their goals.

You'd better bloody credit me!
Of course I will..........but for what exactly?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum