Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yet another Religious atrocity

+28
Jake McHale
Numpty 28723
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
wanderful life
Banks of the Croal
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
wanderlust
jusi333
Mr Magoo
okocha
bwfc71
mark leach
Reebok Trotter
White84
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34 ... 45  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 45]

441Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was pictured with the killers of Lee Rigby as well wasn't he? Don't know his personal views but I wouldn't think they were liberal ones if he was associating with the groups those men did.

442Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:27

All my information has come from that Mail article so not sure about the photos with Lee Rigby's killers.

443Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It says he "marched on an embassy" with Anjem Chowdhury and the killers of Lee Rigby. 

I think we'd have to be pretty naive to think he wasn't fully aware of what Chowdhury's group stands for.

but who can say.

444Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:34

True and he probably was and is radical.

But there's a difference between being at the same march as islamists and being one. I went to a pro-palestinian march last summer, I'm not an Islamist.

445Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but would you have attended that rally if it was organised by the BNP (for example obviously)

I don't agree with barely any american foreign policy decisions but I wouldn't march with Anjem Chowdhury If I had a gun to my head. 

and anyway you can really be an "islamist" in this country it's illegal, which is why I suspect his daughter was desperate to join IS.

446Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can gloss over it as much as we like but my personal take is that the father is probably ' taters deep ' in the whole sorry business and is probably the most culpable person responsible for his daughter heading for Syria.

447Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 13:58

Hipster_Nebula wrote:but would you have attended that rally if it was organised by the BNP (for example obviously)

I don't agree with barely any american foreign policy decisions but I wouldn't march with Anjem Chowdhury If I had a gun to my head. 

and anyway you can really be an "islamist" in this country it's illegal, which is why I suspect his daughter was desperate to join IS.

But that's my point, where does it say the protest was arranged by Anjem Chowdhury? Or any other islamist group? 

I'm not saying it wasn't, all I'm pointing out is this article condemns him as a passionate radical islamist based on being at one rally which they give next to no info on, radicals often hijack and polarise issues and take them away from a sensible debate.

The rhetoric of the article is well over the top and needs some real evidence to back it up in order to be taken seriously. The fact no other news outlet has picked it up suggests the serious media outlets would agree with the need for more evidence first.

448Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Sun Mar 29 2015, 15:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the original article I saw last week I think that said the march was "led" by him. 

whether thats true or not I've no idea. Again I think you'd have a decent idea of the ideology behind these marches but maybe he's the victim in all this. 

the article posted above is an opinion piece by Peter Hitchens so I'm not surprised at what it says honestly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3013703/Father-jihadi-bride-schoolgirl-attended-2012-Islamist-rally-attended-Lee-Rigby-s-killer-led-preacher-Anjem-Choudary.html

450Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 10:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Beast makes a very good point in saying "If White had been a Muslim the investigation into his motivation would have essentially been over once his faith had been ascertained" - so racial stereotyping is as rampant in the USA as it is here.
That on top of the other excellent point: If he'd been Muslim it would have been all over the world's press.

Put them together and it's not hard to see the racism that the media seek to appeal to and the media's role in creating a reactionary response in young Muslims.

To what extent is the sensationalisation and stereotyping of jihadi activity by the media ACTUALLY CAUSING stigmatised young British kids to become radicalised or at least sympathetic to the IS cause?

I think the media are as responsible for the cause of the problem just as much as the Americans, the corporations and their puppet governments who create/maintain the injustice and inequality jihadists are allegedly fighting against.

The role of the media in the UK seems to be to stigmatise and demonise ALL young British Asian Muslims who rightly feel they are being undermined by their own British Government in the country of their birth and a society that makes it clear that they don't like them.

Racists complain that young British-born Asians "should integrate or get out" - and at the same time the British media implies that they are terrorists by tagging all Muslims with the stigma of terrorism, even though it's a tiny, tiny percent of nutters that actually do anything.

So as long as we continue to be racist towards British Asians and our media continues to create lazy racist journalism we are in with a very good chance of increasing support for the IS cause amongst young British people.

451Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 10:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Islam is not a race though. 

And from reading that article it seems personal grudges were at the heart of his actions rather than anything political which I don't need to tell you defines terrorism.

452Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 11:43

Had he been Muslim though, do you think this would have been reported differently?

453Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1874 why have you got Russell Brand as your avi you chav.

454Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:04

That's our Lord and Saviour THE HARRYKANE

455Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought you joined the 'bellend' club there for a moment.

456Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Islam is not a race though. 

It is in the mind of xenophobic masses who the media target though. They consistently show they cannot differentiate between races and cultures which is why you get thread titles like "Yet another Islamic Atrocity" and newspaper headlines to match. Much easier to lump them together under Islam so they can all feel unwelcome and fail to integrate as demanded.

457Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 12:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

It is in the mind of xenophobic masses who the media target though. They consistently show they cannot differentiate between races and cultures which is why you get thread titles like "Yet another Islamic Atrocity" and newspaper headlines to match. Much easier to lump them together under Islam so they can all feel unwelcome and fail to integrate as demanded.

Maybe but it seems both sides of the argument can't differentiate between religion and race quite honestly.

458Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 13:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:

So what do you think a thread about acts of appalling violence committed by people in the name of a specific religion which happens to be Islam should be called?

459Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 13:35

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

So what do you think a thread about acts of appalling violence committed by people in the name of a specific religion which happens to be Islam should be called?
The "Atrocities committed by a very small minority of devoutly religious citizens of the world, who due to a suspected intellectual disability, have nearly destroyed the entire middle east. This is due to them misinterpreting the 'guidelines' in their chosen religion and nothing whatsoever to do with place of birth, sexual orientation or skin color." Thread.

460Yet another Religious atrocity - Page 23 Empty Re: Yet another Religious atrocity Mon Mar 30 2015, 13:43

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Atrocities committed by a very small minority of devoutly religious citizens of the world, who due to a suspected intellectual disability, have nearly destroyed the entire middle east. 

That's pretty much our (as in the West & Russia's) fault to be fair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 45]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 34 ... 45  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum