Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who was the worst Bolton Manager.

+12
karlypants
rammywhite
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Jake McHale
scottjames30
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Who was the worst Manager .

Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Vote_lcap32%Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Vote_rcap 32% [ 8 ]
Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Vote_lcap68%Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Vote_rcap 68% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 17:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two Managers that started off ok, then made all the excuses under the sun, eventually having no end product they both managed us beyond their sell by date imo.

But who caused you more stress?

Mr Coyle or Mr Freedman.

Tell us who was worst and why.

I think Freedman was worst because his tactics nearly put me off watching football for life, i was learning how to fish just before he got sacked.

2Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:00

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman the scottish cnut.

3Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:02

You can't have a "worst" if you're only comparing two things.

One may well be "worse" than the other but if you're looking for a "worst", you need (at least) a third option.

Bad, worse, worst - that's how it works.

Basic English.

4Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:Freedman the scottish cnut.
Very Happy

5Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:07

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ok out of the two managers freedman was the worst by fecking loads.

6Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough one.

Coyle was an absolutely useless tugboat, but he did get us to an FA Cup Semi-Final and the majority of his managerial spell was in the Premier League.

Freedman played some of the worst football imaginable, was ultra negative, and made some shocking signings.

I'd have to say Freedman, but it's close.

7Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

racist twat.

8Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:26

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

racist twat.
You are supposed to start with a capital letter you knuckle dragger.

9Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle was much worse.

He put this club into financial ruin off the pitch and relegated the club on it.

10Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Coyle was much worse.

He put this club into financial ruin off the pitch and relegated the club on it.
 Coyle made some ridiculous buys, mind boggling, plus he put them on huge contracts.

11Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:45

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Football under Freedman was the worst I've ever seen by any Bolton Wanderers team going back to the 60s!!!!!

12Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 18:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Both have a good case for being the worst, mine would go to Freedman for being more negative than Megson (if you thought that was possible).

He also almost ruined some of the young lads Bolton careers, Vela and Clough for example.

I still won't forgive Coyle for getting us relegated though.

13Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 20:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I voted Freedman mostly because a tie wasn't an option. We experienced some positively exhilarating footy with Coyle at the helm, at times. He was a weak and stubborn man - a dangerous combination. Freedman never gave any indication he was ever a forward in his style of play as Manager. Dour, sour and devoid of imagination, under Freedman we would have been easily one of the best teams in League Two.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 20:45

It's an impossible question to answer really given the difference in situations they inherited but in the most basic terms Coyle got us relegated and Freedman didnt.

15Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 20:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle obviously.

He got us relegated when we shouldn't have been.

He was a one trick pony with his tactics and had nothing else when his 4-4-2 with two attacking wingers was sussed by absolutely everyone else.

He bought us Sordell when we blatently needed a replacement for Holden - in the last transfer market before our relegation.

He resigned Knight and lumbered us with players such as Pratley, Andrews, Sordell and Ngog.

And we only voted on this exact same thing just 6 months ago - when Coyle was voted miles worse than Freedman (70% to 30%)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 20:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle fir the stupid long term high contracts which have hampered our fight to get back into the Premier League.

17Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 21:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Most recent always has the unfair disadvantage in these debates of being fresh (or rather stale) on peoples minds.
It's easy to forget how tactically clueless Coyle was when we're still pretty peed off about Freedman's dross.

Would Freedman have kept us up in 2011/2012?

Well to be fair, our form was absolutely solid that season when we played with one up front. What get us relegated was the numerous matches spent hoofing it up to Davies and Klasnic/Ngog in a 4-4-2 system. It really is a joke that Coyle reverted back to two up front towards the end of the season when we'd finally found our feet with a more defensive system.

When you look at it like that, we needed a Freedman like approach that season more than we needed Coyles's, even though neither is exactly ideal.

18Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Mon Feb 09 2015, 21:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:What get us relegated was the numerous matches spent hoofing it up to Davies and Klasnic/Ngog in a 4-4-2 system.

You used to post loads more when you had Kevin Davies to abuse.

I miss that.

19Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Tue Feb 10 2015, 05:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Would Freedman have kept us up in 2011/2012?

He would've had the team to stay up, but i very much doubt he'd of kept us up with his negative tactics.

20Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Empty Re: Who was the worst Bolton Manager. Tue Feb 10 2015, 10:47

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Both dire.
I can't be bothered working up a thought out opinion about either of them as that whole period is one that I'd rather forget.
Going about it from a different angle I preferred Coyle as he once did positive things as a player for us and was a likeable bloke.

Freedman didn't and wasn't

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum