Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman

+11
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
bryan458
xmiles
scottjames30
Norpig
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Who is the worst of these two?

Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman Vote_lcap36%Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman Vote_rcap 36% [ 9 ]
Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman Vote_lcap64%Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman Vote_rcap 64% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Four contenders only - but oh, what a quality field!

Slightly different format for this competition, in that everybody faces a head-to-head against each other and the winner is the one with the most total votes against their name, overall.

The four just men are of couse in chronological order, Sammy Lee, Gary Megson, Owen Coyle and current incumbent Dougie Freedman.

Our opening match pits, a better manager than Sam Allardyce (Phil's own summary of the man) against current fan's favourite, yes, our Dougie.

So who out of these two was the worst manager?

Remember ever vote counts.

Go on, who did you vote for?

Sammy Lee.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its like choosing whether you want cholera, typhoid, ebola or the plague. As much as it pains me i voted for Sammy Lee, he tried to change things too quickly and he looked a right dick with the headset on.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sammy Lee would have us promoted by now, never have I ever watched a dull team like Freedmans.

Freedman is BWFC worst manager period.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Lee. I'm amazed that Dougie has two votes when compared to Lee.

This is really tough because Lee got potted for basically doing what Freedman did last season (actually Lee's record was better than Freedman's in as much as, he didn't preside over the clubs worst start to a season for over a hundred years but he still paid the ultimate price, unlike Freedman), so it's actually a closer contest than you might think, in my opinion.

And when you throw this in from Wiki, it gets even harder to choose between them for me:

"After only winning one league game from eleven matches, he was sacked in October 2007. He was known for regularly citing the 'positives' in post-match interviews despite numerous defeats."

Who does that sound like.....?

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

freedman worst ever manager period, I've witnessed over the last 2 years some of the poorest mind numbingly tedious dirge I've seen in 44 years watching BWFC.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sammy Lee.

Inherited a top 8 team but insisted on trying to change our style of play too much too soon. Sank us to the point of installing Megson, the most detestable manager in the history of our club, which is reason alone to finish second to Coyle in this poll.
There is very little evidence to believe Freedman is any better right now but at least I can understand every third word of his interviews. Lee was incomprehensible.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bryan458 wrote:freedman worst ever manager period, I've witnessed over the last 2 years some of the poorest mind numbingly tedious dirge I've seen in 44 years watching BWFC.

Wow! Worse than Megson's shower?

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:
bryan458 wrote:freedman worst ever manager period, I've witnessed over the last 2 years some of the poorest mind numbingly tedious dirge I've seen in 44 years watching BWFC.

Wow! Worse than Megson's shower?

Megson for me was just a poor excuse for a human being.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freedman is in my honest opinion the worst BWFC manager of my lifetime and I'm 45. 

But Gartside is the worst chairman in the club's history.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee only had about 9 league games and had been left with a load of cloggers. To his credit he didn't want to continue clogging in the Allardyce way, he wanted to pass. His mistake was to try and transform the team too quickly.

But for anyone to say he was worse than Freedman is a joke - Lee's games included Chelsea, City and Spurs. Freedman got spanked by Watford and lost 7-1 at Reading.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lee only had about 9 league games and had been left with a load of cloggers. To his credit he didn't want to continue clogging in the Allardyce way, he wanted to pass. His mistake was to try and transform the team too quickly.

But for anyone to say he was worse than Freedman is a joke - Lee's games included Chelsea, City and Spurs. Freedman got spanked by Watford and lost 7-1 at Reading.
I agree completely and only see things getting worse while he stays.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gartside must know Freedman has to go.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lee only had about 9 league games and had been left with a load of cloggers. To his credit he didn't want to continue clogging in the Allardyce way, he wanted to pass. His mistake was to try and transform the team too quickly.

Lee signed about 13 players.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What's that got to do with anything?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What's that got to do with anything?

You said he was "left" a load of cloggers. Which is bollocks anyway but also he made a huge amount of signings which were horrendous.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee didn't get a fair crack.

A manager being slated for signing too many players - Oh the irony, given our current clusterfuck of a situation......

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Freedman for me - at least Sammy Lee wanted to get us playing attractive on the floor football, it was a shame he just tried changing things so quickly in one summer instead of a rather slow transition.

Freedman wouldn't know good football if it hit him in the face.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum