Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside's Worst Manager - Coyle v Freedman

+7
MartinBWFC
Norpig
Vendor
bwfc71
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Who is the worst of these two?

Gartside's Worst Manager - Coyle v Freedman Vote_lcap69% Gartside's Worst Manager - Coyle v Freedman Vote_rcap 69% [ 18 ]
 Gartside's Worst Manager - Coyle v Freedman Vote_lcap31% Gartside's Worst Manager - Coyle v Freedman Vote_rcap 31% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 26

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The next instalment in the head to heads puts the man who led us down Owen Coyle, up against the man who took over the side from him Dougie Freedman.

I think you all might know who I'm going to vote for as the worst manager out of these two, but who will you be voting for?

If I try and vote for Megson will you fall out with me?  Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:If I try and vote for Megson will you fall out with me?  Very Happy

I don't want to fall out with anybody, I'm not the confrontational type.

I did think people must have thought me Gary Megson's current Public Relations Officer though with the number of them lining up to take me to task for honestly believing that he was a better manager than St Owen!

:bomb:

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:21; edited 1 time in total

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle.

Too many people allow their frustration with Freedman to cloud their judgement. Compare the money Coyle spent (and what he did with it) and the pittance Dougie has been given.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freedman. You all know why I feel that way so I won't say it all again.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I blame Megson for this thread!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The question here is.....

If we had that elusive goal been allowed, on that final day of the 2011/12 season, would Coyle actually be mentioned as one of our worst managers, or would he be classed as a saviour of the club.

If anything it was the error of the referee that saw us sent down and not the manager.

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Very close call. Both terrible in their own ways. Had to go for Coyle simply because of the plethora of shit he bought while in charge.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it has to be Coyle, nice man shit manager.

I can't believe Coyle's leading this poll.

He wasn't that bad and I'm yet to read anything written on Nuts which explains why some people think he was a bad manager.......

:bomb:  :biggrin:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle for mismanagement of funds, and lack of fitness amongst players, Freedman for mismanagement, he has not got a clue, we could be 3 up, and his strategy would allow the opposition to claw 3 goals back, so Freedman is by far and away the shittest, make no mistake.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I like how Freedman has had no qualms with getting rid of the overpaid players left behind by Coyle.

A lot of people wouldn't have been brave enough to show Kevin Davies the door. He'd have still been here at 50 if it were left to Coyle (and a lot of the fans).

Unfortunately, that's only one half of the rebuilding process, the other half is bringing in players that are cheaper and capable of doing a job. Most of Freedman's permanent signings have been disappointments and not necessarily inexpensive.

Tactically I find them as frustrating as each other in different ways. In terms of motivating players, I think Coyle cares about and understands that side of the job a lot more than Freedman, even if it didn't show towards the end once everything had turned to shit.

Tough one.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:I can't believe Coyle's leading this poll.

He wasn't that bad and I'm yet to read anything written on Nuts which explains why some people think he was a bad manager.......

:bomb:  :biggrin:

:nono:

:zzz:

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I abstain. This is farcical.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:I abstain. This is farcical.

Farcical in what sense?

It's only a bit of fun, it's all quite meaningless and I doubt anybody's opinions will change no matter what the final outcome may be.

All the votes are totalled over the three rounds so if you want to help your personal favourite recent Bolton manager then cast your vote (you don't have to say who you voted for if you don't want) otherwise they may come out looking worse in our poll than they needed to be.

Entirely up to you though.

Ey up Gotham,

Just out of interest, have you ever ridden The Pelham 123 Six Train, just for the sake of doing it?

I'm watching it on Channel 4 now (the inferior re-make, not the original), hence the question.

I know that if I'd moved to NY from Bolton, it'd be pretty high on my list of "Immediate things to do because of films what I'd seen."

Along with picking my feet in Poughkeepsie.

I'd deffo go and do that.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Ey up Gotham,

Just out of interest, have you ever ridden The Pelham 123 Six Train, just for the sake of doing it?

I'm watching it on Channel 4 now (the inferior re-make, not the original), hence the question.

I know that if I'd moved to NY from Bolton, it'd be pretty high on my list of "Immediate things to do because of films what I'd seen."

Along with picking my feet in Poughkeepsie.

I'd deffo go and do that.

I haven't. Although, I do get the Metro-North from Grand Central to Stamford, CT, 3 days a week which takes me through Pelham and think about that movie every time i go through. When I'm awake.

Gesundheit!

Shame on you, sir!

I bet you've never even battled a massive Mr Stay Puft marshmallow boy either?

Or carried a can of paint home from your Dad's shop in Brooklyn (where you actually live, so it wouldn't too hard would it?) accompanied by a groovy backbeat supplied by the Beegees, before he berates you for wanting to dedicate your life to disco dancing instead of applying yourself to making the family hardware store a success....

Those of us still stuck here are relying on you....... Very Happy

You get Alicia Keys and we get this:

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Coyle paid over the odds for a number of players or extended contracts in unfathomable fashion. He would have been welcome to these players when he went to Wigan but he made no approach that we are aware of. 8 Million for Ngog and Sordell. 

Thanks, Owen!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum