Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman

+11
aaron_bwfc
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
bryan458
xmiles
scottjames30
Norpig
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Who is the worst of these two?

Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% [ 9 ]
Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_lcap64%Gartside's Worst Manager - Lee v Freedman - Page 2 Vote_rcap 64% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Lee only had about 9 league games and had been left with a load of cloggers. To his credit he didn't want to continue clogging in the Allardyce way, he wanted to pass. His mistake was to try and transform the team too quickly.

But for anyone to say he was worse than Freedman is a joke - Lee's games included Chelsea, City and Spurs. Freedman got spanked by Watford and lost 7-1 at Reading.

100% correct.

We were punching way above our weight when Lee took over.  That wouldn't have lasted much longer even under Big Sam.

I don't even count Lee has one of our managers....just a temp.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the quality of them I'm "slating" not the number. The number was brought up because it was suggested he was left with a team of "cloggers" not of his choosing.

I won't believe Sammy Lee signed about 13 players. I'd guess about 5.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I cant judge Freedman yet as he may come good. I know he's been here nearly 2 years, but he has had no money to spend and has to trim the wages significantly. Lee wasn't given enough time, but his time as manager during his time in charge was shite. Even if Freedman was sacked tomorrow he has still been more successful then Lee.

Wins (which is what matters) percentages Lee was just 21.43% whereas Freedman as it stands is 35.23%.

I'm voting Lee as the worst

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:I won't believe Sammy Lee signed about 13 players. I'd guess about 5.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Wins (which is what matters) percentages Lee was just 21.43% whereas Freedman as it stands is 35.23%.

I'm voting Lee as the worst

Silly comparison, Lee was managing in the Premier League.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But apparantly had premier league quality players too

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think the difference is simple. Lee got only nine games and tried to change too much too quickly. Freedman has had two years and is still going backwards despite being in a lower division to begin with. In all honesty though the entire CLUB has been going backwards since about 2005 and Big Sam got out before that really became evident. Lee, Megson, Coyle and now Freedman have all been appointed by a clown who somehow manages to remain our chairman despite all this failure both on and off the field. 

Eddie needs to get his butt into gear and start a root and branch reassessment of the club's entire structure because no matter what other interests Burnden Leisure might have the club IS the heart of the business as a whole. Even if he decided to sell it as a stand alone it's currently such a dire prospect that only a fool would take it on with its current personnel and structure if they were willing to take it on at all. 

I won't get into the debts again but frankly we're mismanaged from top to bottom and no matter how clearly the fans see that only one person can really DO something about it. Whether or not he will remains to be seen but on current evidence I'd have to say it's unlikely. What I haven't yet managed to figure out is why that's the case.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lee's approach to everything was incredibly simplistic. It was clear instantly what he was trying to do, and that he didn't know how to do it. On top of that, it's believed he'd lost the dressing room in no time.

I can't believe there are still Bolton fans that will tell you "he's a fantastic coach".

In answer to the question, it's like comparing an apple and a pear. The club Dougie took over is unrecognisable from the one Lee took over.
But I wouldn't swap Dougie for Lee, even if it cost nowt, so I suppose the answer's Lee.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Lee's approach to everything was incredibly simplistic. It was clear instantly what he was trying to do, and that he didn't know how to do it. On top of that, it's believed he'd lost the dressing room in no time.

I can't believe there are still Bolton fans that will tell you "he's a fantastic coach".

In answer to the question, it's like comparing an apple and a pear. The club Dougie took over is unrecognisable from the one Lee took over.
But I wouldn't swap Dougie for Lee, even if it cost nowt, so I suppose the answer's Lee.

That's an interesting way to look about it. Would you swap Freedman for Lee?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Lee's approach to everything was incredibly simplistic. It was clear instantly what he was trying to do, and that he didn't know how to do it. On top of that, it's believed he'd lost the dressing room in no time.

That's an interesting way to look about it. Would you swap Freedman for Lee?
Honestly, yes I think if that was the only choice I'd do it. Lee at least WANTS to play the game the right way to entertain but Freedman is Megson squared, so terrified of losing he doesn't know HOW to win or how to set up a genuinely entertaining side that attacks. Football matches are won by goals nothing else. Freedman and Megson (to a lesser extent) were so busy being scared of losing they both forgot that. 

Sadly Freedman will never learn it which stuns me given he was a striker as a player.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just out of curiosity, what was the dream team's win ratio when they were managing? Anyone know?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum