Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

starting elevens from those who have travelled to austria

+2
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

These are the men who have travelled to austria

can you pick the best xi and do you think this is good enough as it stands to push for play offs if all are fit?

(Obs, you might want to stay clear of this thread as it is one of those speculation one's where people share their thoughts and ideas, and i know you don't like these)

Ben Amos, Max Clayton, Zach Clough, Neil Danns, Mark Davies, Dorian Dervite, Stephen Dobbie, Liam Feeney, Ross Fitzsimons, Rob Hall, Emile Heskey, Medo Kamara, Andy Kellett, Gary Madine, Niall Maher, Dean Moxey, Derik Osede, Darren Pratley, Jay Spearing, Quade Taylor, Oscar Threlkeld, Liam Trotter, Filip Twardzik, Josh Vela, Tom Walker, Hayden White.

I will go with

GK - Amos
CB - Osede
CB - Wheater
CB - Ream
CDM - Medo
CM - Pratley
CM - Vela
ALM - Feeney
ACM - Davies
ARM - Clough
ST - Madine

Not just a play off achieving side but a championship winning side Very Happy

Subs

Danns
Dervite
Hall
Clayton
Spearing
Twatstick
Heskey

BOOM 

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clayton on the bench and feeney starting? Are you crazy?

Also bring in a decent goalscorer in place of Madine and that is a very good championship side.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:Clayton on the bench and feeney starting? Are you crazy?

Also bring in a decent goalscorer in place of Madine and that is a very good championship side.
Must admit, Clayton on the bench made me wonder as well. Suppose it's about positions also though. As shit as feeney is on the wing, would Clayton be any better in that position?

In fact, forget I just said that, I already know the answer.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clayton is a better all round player than clough imo

yeah i fucked up, my bad!

Amos

RIGHT BACK Wheater Osede Ream

Pratley Mavies Vela 

Clough Madine Clayton

That would be a a pretty exciting side, if we needed to be a bit more solid in midfield put Clough or Clayton with Madine, push Mavies into number ten and slot Medo in. Good thing about Clough, Mavies and Clayton is I think they can be quite interchangeable. 

Interesting to see what Twardzik can do this year, been quiet so far.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we start the season with Madine our main striker we will struggle

I'm not so sure, I think if he's up for it he's a better option than Cravies from what I've seen his link up play is strong and he's quite an intelligent player - with Clayton and Clough playing off him we could cause problems. 

Main question is how long can we expect Clough and Clayton to stay fit for? Most strikers will look good at this level with both of them running off them.

Hopefully we are in the market for a striker though.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon we'll sign hooper on loan late in the transfer window

I think madine will score us 15 goals this season

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Amos

Pratley Mavies Vela 

Clough Madine Clayton

That would be a a pretty exciting side, if we needed to be a bit more solid in midfield put Clough or Clayton with Madine, push Mavies into number ten and slot Medo in. Good thing about Clough, Mavies and Clayton is I think they can be quite interchangeable. 

i'd be happy with that team in general but would like to see Ream back in the centre, so we would need another left back

Norpig wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Amos

Pratley Mavies Vela 

Clough Madine Clayton

i'd be happy with that team in general but would like to see Ream back in the centre, so we would need another left back
bin off the full backs, play wheater osede and ream in the middle and a bit of steel in front of them in the likes of medo.  (or spearing if the ibiza loving party boy can get his shit together.)

Having read more about Osede I wonder if Lennon has plans to convert him to centre midfield as we did with Campo. Ream as center back and a real LB would be a pretty strong line up physically and technically.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For some reason Tim Ream seems to escape criticism for our pitiful defensive performances last season, but he was often just as bad as Mills, Devite etc.

I'd like to see him gone from our back four permanently. I'd prefer him in midfield as our holding player as both Spearing and Medo are shite. At least Ream can pass a ball 5 yards.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can't agree with that Nat, he was the most reliable of the back 4 last season but i do agree he would make a good defensive midfielder.

Natasha Whittam wrote:For some reason Tim Ream seems to escape criticism for our pitiful defensive performances last season, but he was often just as bad as Mills, Devite etc.

I'd like to see him gone from our back four permanently. I'd prefer him in midfield as our holding player as both Spearing and Medo are shite. At least Ream can pass a ball 5 yards.

Osede's the new passing-center-back-converted-to-defensive-midfielder player.

Keep up.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Osede's the new passing-center-back-converted-to-defensive-midfielder player.

Keep up.

I don't think it counts as a conversion when it's done in your head.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:can't agree with that Nat

I can't believe you wrote that.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:he was the most reliable of the back 4 last season

That's like saying Barry Chuckle was the best Chuckle Brother.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:he was the most reliable of the back 4 last season

That's like saying Barry Chuckle was the best Chuckle Brother.
 well obviously it's Paul, who in their right mind would think Barry?  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum