Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UK Holiday Suggestions please

+11
scottjames30
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
mark leach
Chairmanda
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 08:54

looking at a last minute getaway for my rabble, so me, the mrs, 6 year old lad and a 2 year old girl.  Oh and a dog.

UK obviously because i aint getting on no plane fool!

looking at holiday parks, possibly coastal with stuff going on for kids and decent food etc.

Just a long weekend, friday to monday jobby!

If anyone has any tips or suggestions then please let me know!!!!

Thanks

2UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:25

Ulverston's nice.

3UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:28

Breadman wrote:Ulverston's nice.
sod off, theres nothing there!  plus i am back up there in a few weeks Smile

Was thinking of cardigan bay in mid/south wales.

There is a haven site there but i don't know if haven is anything like pontins and butlins?

It seems nice and the caravan is a gold class one so should be decent (at £500 for three nights i hope it is anyway!)

Plus there is a beach right next to it and apparently you can see dolphins.  Has anyone ever been?  To either a haven or cardigan bay?

4UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:35

One of the best holidays we had when I was a kid was in Nefyn on the Llyn Peninsula when we rented a cottage (and it can't have been that expensive because we weren't too well off).

And the drive down's not too long, either.

There's a massive beach there and you're only about 20 minutes away from Abersoch and its "Warren".

Here's a link to a site with pet-friendly cottages:

http://www.cottagesnorthwales.co.uk/holiday-cottages-in-north-wales/search?description=&feature_uids[0]=55

5UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:38

Nice one breaders, i will forward that onto the boss as i'm not allowed to make decisions Wink

6UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norfolk coast - perfect for families with kids at that age. Miles of golden sandy beaches, traditional Victorian coastal towns like Cromer with a pier and crap acts, kiddies' funfair, zoo etc, loads of beautiful countryside with great pubs and family dining, more arts and crafts places and music venues than you can wave a stick at and a mature traditionally English family-friendly holiday industry steeped in history. Weather's generally a lot warmer too.

Wouldn't go anywhere near Great Yarmouth though - it's like Morecambe with added crackheads.

7UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:44

No problem, mate.

Have you considered camping?

We had some fantastic camping holidays down there as well.

I've got a five-man tent and some camping gear that's hardly been used and you can borrow it, if you like.

Don't feel obliged, if you don't fancy it - I won't be offended.

PM me if you're interested.

8UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:48

cheers breaders, we used to go camping all the time before we had the kids, and it is something we are definitely going to do again but when the smallest is a bit older i think.  i used to love it.  coffee always taste best first thing in a morning sat outside a tent for some reason, same the sausage or bacon barms Smile

come to think of it my vango one better still be in my mums garage...............they had a clear out a few weeks ago and all my stuff is in there (Including my brick from burnden park Smile )

9UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:51

wanderlust wrote:Norfolk coast - perfect for families with kids at that age. Miles of golden sandy beaches, traditional Victorian coastal towns like Cromer with a pier and crap acts, kiddies' funfair, zoo etc, loads of beautiful countryside with great pubs and family dining, more arts and crafts places and music venues than you can wave a stick at and a mature traditionally English family-friendly holiday industry steeped in history. Weather's generally a lot warmer too.

Wouldn't go anywhere near Great Yarmouth though - it's like Morecambe with added crackheads.
Thanks lusty, thats probably one place i haven't looked at actually so will get the boss on the case Smile

10UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can't beat the East coast for a short holiday. Blue Dolphin or Primrose Valley caravan parks have plenty for the kids (not that cheap mind).

Short drive, plenty of beaches but with varied coastline. Robin Hood's Bay is just lovely.

11UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:29

i think i saw the blue dolphin one last night when i was looking, it's a park resorts one i think.

only problem with that one the accommodation where you are allowed a pet is shite.

12UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Norfolk coast - perfect for families with kids at that age. Miles of golden sandy beaches, traditional Victorian coastal towns like Cromer with a pier and crap acts, kiddies' funfair, zoo etc, loads of beautiful countryside with great pubs and family dining, more arts and crafts places and music venues than you can wave a stick at and a mature traditionally English family-friendly holiday industry steeped in history. Weather's generally a lot warmer too.

Thanks lusty, thats probably one place i haven't looked at actually so will get the boss on the case Smile

I agree about Great Yarmouth but Hopton on sea and Lowestoft are quite pleasant. If you like crabs then head for Cromer.
South Wales is not bad either. Tenby and Saundersfoot have decent beaches and there is plenty to keep the kids occupied.

13UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Bit of a drive but the Dorset coast is beautiful. As well as the scenery (if you enjoyed Broadchurch you should visit West Bay) there is lots of history and the Bovington Tank Museum.

14UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:42

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well I've taken a dog to both (not recently though) and the caravans were just the same as any other.

15UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Centre parcs used to go there every year when I was a kid. 

Failing that I would recommend Scotland which is nice all year round.

16UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:52

We was going to do Devon, xmiles,  but i can't be bothered with the drive.  Will save that for a full week holiday i think to make it more worthwhile.

Cheers RT, my lads rugby coach is at saundersfoot at the minute and the pictures she has put on do look quite nice.

CD, cheers for that, thats why i am asking people on here because the pictures always seem reallly generic on the websites.

17UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:54

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Centre parcs used to go there every year when I was a kid. 

Failing that I would recommend Scotland which is nice all year round.
fooking hate scotland Wink

only kidding only been a couple of times, never to major cities or anything.

we looked at centre parcs but all the pet lodges are booked.  Sad

18UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 11:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a great holiday in cawsand once think that's what it was called. Near Plymouth.

19UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 11:52

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

it might be too far to drive for a few days, but Somerset is fab! Great countryside, great beaches and....not that I am biased...Bath is brilliant, history, culture, great restaurants, fab country parks etc. If the idea floats your boat (did I mention lovely river cruises) let me know and I will pm you some specific suggestions. Bristol has a Shaun the sheep trail on atm, and friends with kids say its brilliant.

20UK Holiday Suggestions please Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 12:03

Went to Falmouth and Penzance in Cornwall recently, the beaches are incredible. Nice part of the world, ball ache to get to though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum