Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UK Holiday Suggestions please

+11
scottjames30
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
mark leach
Chairmanda
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 12:38

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can recommend Devon and Cornwall. Brixham, Mullion, Helston, Dawlish and St Ives are all good if you have children.

22UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 12:53

Chairmanda wrote:it might be too far to drive for a few days, but Somerset is fab! Great countryside, great beaches and....not that I am biased...Bath is brilliant, history, culture, great restaurants, fab country parks etc. If the idea floats your boat (did I mention lovely river cruises) let me know and I will pm you some specific suggestions. Bristol has a Shaun the sheep trail on atm, and friends with kids say its brilliant.
Not biased one bit Smile

Thanks Manda, another destination i can get the boss to look at!!!

Even when she picks and it's wrong it's my fault Very Happy

23UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 12:55

bwfc1874 wrote:Went to Falmouth and Penzance in Cornwall recently, the beaches are incredible. Nice part of the world, ball ache to get to though.

Cheers 74 and Mark, i do love it down there but i think a longer duration would be needed to make the most of it.  i remember going to flambards i think it was when i was about 14, about 15 of us went.  My nn used to always buy me celtic jewellery from the silver mines down there.

i've still got it all in a box Smile

24UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 12:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

25UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:04

i've heard it is worth going to whitby just for the fish and chips, pisses all over southports extortionately priced effort.

Smile

26UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

27UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:12

you just in a link posting mood today dad?

they do look good fish and chips, might go to whitby just for a day trip nd a spot of lunch Very Happy

28UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haven parks are OK for the kids, but everything inside is over priced. The entertainment on site is usually good as well.

29UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

they do look good fish and chips, might go to whitby just for a day trip nd a spot of lunch Very Happy
I've got a sore throat. Razz

30UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:33

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

I've got a sore throat. Razz
:rofl:

has brucie also got a sore throat? Wink

31UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:36

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Haven parks are OK for the kids, but everything inside is over priced.  The entertainment on site is usually good as well.  
if we get good weather we'd probably spend most of it on the beach.  although i do fancy the crazy golf.  the only golf i can actually do (sort of) Smile

32UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Haven parks are OK for the kids, but everything inside is over priced.  The entertainment on site is usually good as well.  

Very true.

You have to make sure that the missus has a huge handbag to smuggle all the alcohol into the clubhouse at night.

33UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You wish! Very Happy

34UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 13:42

Copper Dragon wrote:

Very true.

You have to make sure that the missus has a huge handbag to smuggle all the chocolate milk and pepsi max into the clubhouse at night.
fixed that Smile

35UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 15:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can also recommend Dawlish for a holiday if going for a week or so Johnny, a long weekend is pushing it a bit for the 4 hour drive down.

The campsite Lady's Mile is fantastic for kids as they have an indoor and outdoor pool plus a pub with cabaret and activities for kids.

It is also a 5-10 min walk to Dawlish Warren where there are a couple of pubs that serve good food and have a bit of a fun fair for the kids plus there is the beach there, also about the same to get into Dawlish as well.

You would get a static caravan you could hire for about the same price you are looking at for a week, there is also a sainsbury's that is a 2 min drive in the car where you could keep costs down and use the facilities the static has. Smile

36UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 15:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could always dig that tent out and pitch up there, I first went camping with my mum and dad when I was a baby and it never did me any harm.

It's a great experience and lots of fun that your kids will love.

37UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 16:07

y2johnny wrote:
i've heard it is worth going to whitby just for the fish and chips, pisses all over southports extortionately priced effort.

Smile
Extortionately overpriced? I have no idea what you mean. 

http://www.theswanrestaurant.co.uk/restaurant.html

38UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 16:26

Used to have a Caravan on Ty Mawr holiday park in Abergele. Lots to do there, good entertainment at night. Close to the beach and mountains.

39UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 16:30

They're the robbing twats who had us over when I was moaning about it on here.

Apparently, by their estimation a "large" portion of fish is a complete fillet.

A "standard" portion is half a fillet.

And their chips were burnt.

I honestly hope they go bust.

40UK Holiday Suggestions please - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Holiday Suggestions please Fri Jul 24 2015, 17:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I honestly hope they go bust.

Really though, they might have kids to feed????

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum