Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

News/Opinions - Articles for the site

+10
Emma Jansen 1
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
boltonbonce
karlypants
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Biggie wrote:good article y2jonny. Cheers

Cheers biggie. There is still one to go on. Kp!!! Not had even a phone signal for three days. Its killed me

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Biggie wrote:good article y2jonny. Cheers

Cheers biggie.  There is still one to go on.  Kp!!!  Not had even a phone signal for three days.  Its killed me
Just published. Smile

Cool cheers kp. Smile

Just to let you know kp and btid, i have had an idea for an article and will try and put it together tomorrow. Im in the office and the new lad is back so wont have that much to do.

An alternative take on the Striker Crisis

So, before getting into the nitty gritty, let's have a look who we actually have.

Gary Madine - Lacking Confidence and struggling at this level.
Emile Heskey - Shouldn't even be on the books this season.
Stephen Dobbie - Obviously kicked Lennon's Dog not to be given a chance.
Zac Clough - Injured (again)

The only reason teams might be scared of facing our attack is if Madine decides to resort to old habits and chin someone.

We  have been linked with endless numbers of strikers, all of which we can't afford.  Until now.  Apparently funds are now available to bring in, not one, but two players in the shape of Emnes and Powell.

Marvin (We have already had one too many strikers called Marvin) Emnes - Let's not beat around the bush, he averages a goal every 5 games since turning professional.  Plays for Swansea, who at this moment in time are quite short on Strikers themselves, so i'm not convinced this is a go'er!

Nick Powell - Now this one seems interesting.  He is a young lad, who played alongside one of our own young lads in Max Clayton and his scoring record since turning professional is 1 in 4.  Hopefully this one is a go'er, particularly with Max almost ready to be in contention for the first team again.

Other Alternatives

Jamie Thomas - the older of the two options i am going to tell you about.  He is already on our books.  So he is cheap!  (Very important that bit!)  18 year old, Blackpool born and knows where the net is.  Should he be given a chance?

Alex Samizadeh - 16 year old Manchester footballer/model Samizadeh has been the one i have recently been calling to get a look in and game time with the senior squad.  Since being promoted from the under 16's to the Under 18's he scored 8 goals in 5 games, which got him a call up to the Under 21's.  Came off the bench for his debut and scored for them too and a 30 yard screamer in his second outing making it 2 in 2. If you are good enough you are old enough..............right?

This is the argument currently on going on the Nuts Forum.

So to back up what we have said, let's have a look at some other young débutantes. (courtesy of wikipedia)

Wayne Rooney
Wayne Rooney was an unused substitute in Everton's 1–0 away win over Southampton on 20 April 2002. He made his senior debut on 17 August in a 2–2 home draw against Tottenham Hotspur, starting the match and assisting the first goal by Mark Pembridge. He became the second youngest first-team player in Everton history behind Joe Royle. In that match he was booed by the Spurs fans who shouted "Who are ya?" whenever he touched the ball. His first senior goals came on 2 October when he scored twice in a 3–0 away win over Wrexham in the second round of the League Cup. These goals meant that Rooney was Everton's youngest-ever goalscorer at the time.
On 19 October, five days before his 17th birthday, Rooney scored a last-minute winning goal against Arsenal. The goal ended Arsenal's 30-match unbeaten run, and also made Rooney the youngest goalscorer in Premier League history.
Theo Walcott

Before the start of the 2005–06 season, Walcott linked up with the first team's tour of Scotland, just two weeks after leaving school. The striker then went on to become the youngest-ever player with the Southampton first team, at 16 years and 143 days, after coming on as a substitute in Southampton's 0–0 draw at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Championship.
Walcott made his full first team debut away to Leeds United on 18 October 2005, scoring his first senior goal in the same game. He scored again away at Millwall four days later, and yet again in his full home debut against Stoke City the following Saturday. His rapid rise to fame also led him to be named amongst the top three finalists for the prestigious BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year award on 11 December 2005.  Of course he then moved to Arsenal.

Reece Oxford

On 2 July 2015, Oxford made his competitive debut aged 16, starting in midfield in a UEFA Europa League first qualifying round first leg tie against FC Lusitanos, a 3–0 home win. In doing so, he became West Ham's youngest ever player. On 9 August the same year, Oxford started his first professional league game, as West Ham began the season against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium, playing the first 79 minutes of a 2–0 victory before being replaced by Kevin Nolan. Oxford, who only lost possession once in the match, became the second youngest Premier League starter of all time, after Jose Baxter.

Cesc Fabregas

made his debut for Arsenal not long after, on 28 October 2003, in a League Cup tie at home to Rotherham United. In doing so he became Arsenal's youngest ever first team player, aged 16 years and 177 days. He then became the youngest goalscorer in Arsenal's history in a later round of the League Cup, scoring in a 5–1 victory against Wolverhampton Wanderers.Although Arsenal went on to win the league unbeaten in the 2003–04 season

Jack Wilshere

n July 2008, Wilshere was selected in the first team for the pre-season friendlies. He made his first team debut against Barnet as a half-time substitute for Henri Lansbury, setting up a goal for Jay Simpson. Wilshere scored his first two goals for Arsenal in a 10–2 win against a Burgenland XI, and again two days later in a friendly against Stuttgart.
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger gave Wilshere a place in Arsenal's first team squad for the 2008–09 season, and he was given the number 19 shirt. He made his competitive debut in a Premier League match against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park in September 2008, as an 84th-minute substitute for Robin van Persie. At the age of 16 years and 256 days, he was Arsenal's youngest-ever league debutante, a record previously held by Cesc Fàbregas.[22] Ten days later, on 23 September, Wilshere scored his first competitive Arsenal goal in a 6–0 victory against Sheffield United in the Football League Cup. On 25 November 2008, Wilshere came on as a substitute in aUEFA Champions League match against Dynamo Kyiv, becoming the fifth sixteen-year-old to ever play in the Champions League.[24] In January 2009 Wilshere signed his first professional contract, extending it in July the same year.

Daniel Sturridge
From the start of the 2006–07 season, Sturridge began to train with the City first team. A hat-trick in a reserve match was rewarded by a place on the substitutes' bench for the senior side's match with Reading in February 2007 He duly made his debut from the bench, replacing Georgios Samaras for the final quarter-hour. He made a second substitute appearance a month later, but then suffered a hip injury which sidelined him for the remainder of 2007.
He scored his first goal for City on 27 January 2008 in an FA Cup match against Sheffield United, followed three days later by his first league goal on his full debut, against Derby County. However, first team opportunities were sporadic, so Sturridge continued to play for the youth team in the FA Youth Cup. City again reached the final, with Sturridge the leading scorer in the competition. This time City won the final, with Sturridge scoring in the first leg. In the 2007–08 season, Sturridge became the only player ever to score in the Youth FA Cup, the FA Cup and the Premier League in the same season.

So as you can see, plenty of young talent has been thrown in at the deep and and swum.  As you are all aware there are those that have sunk instead.

Given our predicament with finances and our current position and lack of firepower, would you give young Jamie and Alex an opportunity?  Join in with the chat on the Bolton Nuts forum and let us know what you think.

Last edited by y2johnny on Mon Sep 21 2015, 20:02; edited 1 time in total

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Nice article Johnny. Does sluffy pay you extra for plugging the site?

Bwfc1958 wrote:Nice article Johnny. Does sluffy pay you extra for plugging the site?
To be honest he pays me that much i think it would be unfair of me not to plug it really.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

LPP used to do stuff like this. What the hell has happened to him. Every time i saw that he'd posted a comment I would fully expect it to be an 18 paragraph account of his thoughts. 

Then he vanished. After talk of depression it makes you wonder. 

Then again, he could think we are all a bunch of idiots and he's washed his hands of us.

Does anyone know what's happened to him?

Bwfc1958 wrote:LPP used to do stuff like this. What the hell has happened to him. Every time i saw that he'd posted a comment I would fully expect it to be an 18 paragraph account of his thoughts. 

Then he vanished. After talk of depression it makes you wonder. 

Then again, he could think we are all a bunch of idiots and he's washed his hands of us.

Does anyone know what's happened to him?
i sent him a few pm's to see if he was ok.  if i remember he had a bit of a spat, took exception to something and hasn't been on since.  shame really, i liked LPP, but i think he was a bit "snowed" under at home.

His last post was

And here we go with the fucking boring personal insults from the usual immature twats with no brains! (yes you Johnny)

Jesus wept, why do I even bother coming on here anymore? It's a fucking pointless waste of time wading through all this shit.

Barb Dwyer wrote:His last post was

And here we go with the fucking boring personal insults from the usual immature twats with no brains! (yes you Johnny)

Jesus wept, why do I even bother coming on here anymore? It's a fucking pointless waste of time wading through all this shit.
ME?  What the fuck did i do!

You'll have to ask him.

Barb Dwyer wrote:You'll have to ask him.
Can't be arsed, his loss!

I might have edited his quote a bit Very Happy

Barb Dwyer wrote:I might have edited his quote a bit Very Happy
Bar Steward Very Happy

It did say everything else apart from the bit in brackets.

Barb Dwyer wrote:It did say everything else apart from the bit in brackets.
i'm going doing some investigating?

on the friends and foes list on his profile he has CEF as a friend.

the actual "petty insults" was very very tame reading back through the thread.

it was breaders, boggers, scott and 74, but it wasn't even handbags to be honest.

No swearing or anything!

At the time i was having one of my "sabaticals" from the site Very Happy

It was Karlys fault for posting a picture of Ricky Gervais, tipped him over the edge.

Back on topic, why does everyone say if he is good enough he is old enough. Maybe he isn't good enough yet. For every Wayne Rooney that played at a young age there are a lot more that fell by the wayside. Jose Baxter mentione in that article is a prime example.

Barb Dwyer wrote:It was Karlys fault for posting a picture of Ricky Gervais, tipped him over the edge.

Back on topic, why does everyone say if he is good enough he is old enough. Maybe he isn't good enough yet. For every Wayne Rooney that played at a young age there are a lot more that fell by the wayside. Jose Baxter mentione in that article is a prime example.
You've obviously just skimmed the article and not read it if you are asking that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum