Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gartside really that ill....?

+21
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
Copper Dragon
xxxxxx31
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
FullofSprite
wanderlust
Chairmanda
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Alf Hooker
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
Hip Priest
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Is Gartside really dying?

Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% [ 10 ]
Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 13:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There is a possibility that hasn't been raised yet. Perhaps Phil himself or his family have asked the club not to disclose his specific ailment. For instance his illness may be mental rather than physical, eg depression and some people still aren't comfortable discussing that or having it become public knowledge. God forbid the same thing should happen to Phil but remember Gary Speed. From the outside it looked as if everything must be rosy in his garden with his success at managing Wales, his popularity amongst football fans everywhere and the massive respect he enjoyed from almost all quarters of the game while he had a loving family and pretty much anything material a man could want. I really hope Phil isn't suffering from that sort of depression but it could explain why no one will say what is actually wrong with him.

22Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 14:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:I don't feel comfortable speculating on someone's health. 
Me neither. Also think that claiming to have had a stroke is not something that would be done lightly or without basis.
lusty I haven't seen anything that says Phil has had a stroke; in fact I haven't seen any kind of statement saying what his illness is full stop so what do you base your comment on? Not being combative, just asking if you have a source that I've missed like maybe a small article on SSN or in the BN?
I'm pretty sure there was an article weeks ago suggesting he'd had a stroke.

Whether it's true or not we don't know so should suspend judgment until further information comes out.

23Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 17:54

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:I don't feel comfortable speculating on someone's health. 
Me neither. Also think that claiming to have had a stroke is not something that would be done lightly or without basis.
lusty I haven't seen anything that says Phil has had a stroke; in fact I haven't seen any kind of statement saying what his illness is full stop so what do you base your comment on? Not being combative, just asking if you have a source that I've missed like maybe a small article on SSN or in the BN?
I'm pretty sure there was an article weeks ago suggesting he'd had a stroke.

Whether it's true or not we don't know so should suspend judgment until further information comes out.
Mention on Iles live webchat. Family have asked Iles not to mention it, other than to say he has come out of hospital and is now at home. Sounds pretty serious to me.

"I understand he has been moved from the hospital to his home to be with his family. I have been asked to respect their privacy and I intend to do so. " Marc Iles webchat 27/12/15

24Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 18:07

That has been Iles' stance right from the off, so nothing's changed and it doesn't really shed any light on the situation.

It's deliberately vague but it suggests certain things without actually coming out and saying them, so it creates the idea that he's in a very bad way but stops short of actually putting it on record.

Perhaps so that if / when he makes a full recovery, they can come out and say "Dying....? We never said he was, did we? You lot jumped to that conclusion."

Iles was told in no uncertain terms "Here's the official script, stick to it." and that's what he'd doing.

As for the stroke idea, it's nothing more than baseless speculation and it started when someone on a forum said: "I've heard a rumour that he's had a stroke".

Much in the same way that there was a rumour floating round that he'd been seen in Fanny's eating Nobby's Nuts and enjoying a pint.

And right now, there's as much evidence that he was indeed in Fanny's as there is that he's gone home to die.

Sorry, if that sounds harsh or offends anybody but it's a fact.

25Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 18:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

And right now, there's as much evidence that he was indeed Fanny's as there is that he's gone home to die.

So why not wait until we hear something before throwing accusations and aspersions around amigo?

26Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 18:42

Because I'm not comfortable with the idea of the man largely responsible for the club currently being on the brink of financial ruin being allowed to slip away, under the radar and thus avoid proper scrutiny.

And I firmly believe that's what's happening now.

These bastards have proved that they're not above lying to our faces and it pisses me off.

November 2015: Phil Gartside - "Administration....? Nah, no chance. Everything's fine."

And perhaps if they had been properly held to account by the fans and the local rag a while back, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess.

27Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 19:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was talking to a Wanderers fan yesterday at Rotherham who said that he had heard Garty was in a really bad way with some sort of brain condition and it was touch and go as to whether he would see out the New Year.  Shocked.

There has been very little reported in the press but I can't see him making up something as serious as is being suggested. If he is genuinely poorly then I wish him a speedy recovery.

28Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 20:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We all do RT, but we also want answers.

29Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 20:32

Didn't Lennon say that Gartside was doing well and he had spoken to him on the phone and Gartside said he was feeling good, it was in the paper last month or i might be imagining it.

30Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 22:30

Reebok Trotter wrote:I was talking to a Wanderers fan yesterday at Rotherham who said that he had heard Garty was in a really bad way with some sort of brain condition

He probably read it on hear (sic).

And the point remains that we still don't have any actual facts on the matter.

31Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 23:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do find it very odd that there has almost been a blanket ban on all news channels. Nothing on Granada news or BBC Northwest about his progress or wishing him well. I was told it is at his families request, but then what do I know? I'm only a supporter.

32Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Sun Dec 27 2015, 23:35

I can well appreciate that I'm probably coming across like a dog with a bone on this issue but I do feel, nonetheless, that it's important enough to warrant my continued ranting.

I'm not saying I'm Woodward or Bernstein but equally, I'm not some bloke who's happy to simply accept that the official version of history is the right one.

All this "Well, we don't actually know what's gone on, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt because it's distasteful to speculate about it" business is what people like Gartside trade on and it gives them an out when things get difficult.

It's bollocks and it needs to be discussed.

The right to complete, blanket privacy gets abandoned when you put yourself above the parapet and in front of the cameras at every given opportunity and come out with shit like "No relegation from The Prem" and "Debt...what debt? Everything's fine........trust me."

You can't have it both ways.

33Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Mon Dec 28 2015, 09:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I can well appreciate that I'm probably coming across like a dog with a bone on this issue but I do feel, nonetheless, that it's important enough to warrant my continued ranting.

I'm not saying I'm Woodward or Bernstein but equally, I'm not some bloke who's happy to simply accept that the official version of history is the right one.

All this "Well, we don't actually know what's gone on, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt because it's distasteful to speculate about it" business is what people like Gartside trade on and it gives them an out when things get difficult.

The right to complete, blanket privacy gets abandoned when you put yourself above the parapet and in front of the cameras at every given opportunity and come out with shit like "No relegation from The Prem" and "Debt...what debt? Everything's fine........trust me."

But it doesn't need to be discussed. Either he is ill or he's not. 

If it turns out he's not, maybe then there will be something to discuss.

34Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Mon Dec 28 2015, 09:27

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:I can well appreciate that I'm probably coming across like a dog with a bone on this issue but I do feel, nonetheless, that it's important enough to warrant my continued ranting.

Perhaps you should go to one of the newspapers with your theory, or maybe hire a private detective.

Failing that you could camp outside his house, waiting for the moment he pops out of his house and take a photo.

Last known instance when Phil was well and healthy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Mon Dec 28 2015, 15:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope Phil is well having a pint, enjoying this win with the rest of the Bolton fans.

Once a Wanderer always a Wanderer.santa

36Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Tue Dec 29 2015, 00:37

I'm doing a bring & buy sale at Roe Green Cricket club tomorrow for the cause.

Please turn up and do what you can.

We can get him the impunity that he so richly deserves if we all just turn our brains off and keep giving.

The team won today, don't forget! Shit like that makes Phil smile.

And smiles are good.........

#ridethatpositivety

37Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Tue Dec 29 2015, 01:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think PG has completely f***** up BWFC and I'm inclined to believe the suggestion that he kept ED in the dark, failed to plan and fiddled whilst Rome burned so to speak which makes him an appalling Chairman and poor businessman.

If that's true, being found out could be construed as a motive for feigning illness as this thread suggests but that's all it is - motive - and as things stand there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that PG has feigned illness.

However if it does turn out to be the case that this is the cover up Bread suggests it is, I'll be furious at the man.

38Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Tue Dec 29 2015, 01:03

You're coming round aren't you?

Come on....it's cathartic.

39Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Tue Dec 29 2015, 01:09

And I will keep posting this shit until we get some answers.

Proper ones......

40Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Jan 13 2016, 10:41

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Not saying this is true but i was speaking to someone who claims to be a friend of a friend of the gartside family and he reckons PG had a stroke and when he was taken to hospital they found he had cancer and also a brain tumour which was probably what caused the stroke. 

It is not documented fact and coming from a friend of a friend etc it may not be true, it's just what i heard. 

Pretty grim if it is true though. Whatever you think of him it must be hard for his family and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum