Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gartside really that ill....?

+21
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
Copper Dragon
xxxxxx31
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
FullofSprite
wanderlust
Chairmanda
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Alf Hooker
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
Hip Priest
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Is Gartside really dying?

Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Vote_lcap43%Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 43% [ 10 ]
Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 57% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

really poor taste

42Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Not saying this is true but i was speaking to someone who claims to be a friend of a friend of the gartside family and he reckons PG had a stroke and when he was taken to hospital they found he had cancer and also a brain tumour which was probably what caused the stroke. 

It is not documented fact and coming from a friend of a friend etc it may not be true, it's just what i heard. 

Pretty grim if it is true though. Whatever you think of him it must be hard for his family and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Stroke. Cancer. Brain Tumour. If true that is terrible and it's not at all surprising that the media aren't talking about it. At least they have some moral standards.

But we still don't know for sure.

43Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Jan 13 2016, 11:52

Obviously if that is true then it's awful and I sincerely feel for the bloke and his family.

I've never liked or trusted the guy but there's nothing worse than watching someone you love be eaten away by cancer so he and his family have my deepest, genuine sympathy.

If it's true.

44Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 17:41

xxxxxx31

David Ngog
David Ngog

Only just seen this thread.... and I'm absolutely disgusted by it.

Making a thread like this, without knowing the facts, is very poor taste. I doubt you'll care and continue to make stupid threads like this in the future.

45Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 17:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think that this thread should be deleted out of respect.

I'm positive that Breadman would not have started it if had known the severity of Gartside's condition.

Peace be with him.

46Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 17:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xxxxxx31 wrote:Only just seen this thread.... and I'm absolutely disgusted by it.

Making a thread like this, without knowing the facts, is very poor taste. I doubt you'll care and continue to make stupid threads like this in the future.

In the context of todays news- yes, it is rather in poor taste. But hindsight is easy after the event. When this thread was started there  was so much speculation and rumour around people ,the club, the future that speculation about what was wrong with him was a legitimate question to ask. As usual there was no information coming from the club. The speculation  about what was up with Phil Gartside and what was happening to him was justified and appropriate. With hindsight perhaps it shouldn't have been started- but at the time it was a legitimate ,if perhaps unsavoury ,question to ask

But Copper is correct- perhaps we should get rid of it now.

47Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:04

xxxxxx31

David Ngog
David Ngog

rammywhite wrote:
xxxxxx31 wrote:Only just seen this thread.... and I'm absolutely disgusted by it.

In the context of todays news- yes, it is rather in poor taste. But hindsight is easy after the event. When this thread was started there  was so much speculation and rumour around people ,the club, the future that speculation about what was wrong with him was a legitimate question to ask. As usual there was no information coming from the club. The speculation  about what was up with Phil Gartside and what was happening to him was justified and appropriate. With hindsight perhaps it shouldn't have been started- but at the time it was a legitimate ,if perhaps unsavoury ,question to ask

Speculation is one thing, but to say the man was on the beach somewhere laughing his cock off.... is very poor taste, especially when he knew little about the facts. But hey, I'm different and I don't like speculating about things without knowing some facts.

But as another posted as said, this thread should be deleted due to respect to Phil.

48Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:05

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You've only just seen this thread? That's because you've only just joined up. Like someone else said I'm sure Breadman wouldn't of started it had he known. He also says it himself if you read. So there is really no need to post this.

49Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It isn't just this thread. Breadman has said numerous disrespectful things since the sudden announcement that PG had stepped down due to being "gravely ill".

50Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:10

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xxxxxx31 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Speculation is one thing, but to say the man was on the beach somewhere laughing his cock off.... is very poor taste, especially when he knew little about the facts. But hey, I'm different and I don't like speculating about things without knowing some facts.

But as another posted as said, this thread should be deleted due to respect to Phil.
If you don't like speculating without the facts then stay away from the multiple threads about takeovers, administration, consortia etc., because they're rampant with speculation. One thing that the club doesn't do is publish any facts on which to base rational arguments. Therefore all that is left is either silence or speculation.
It's your choice on here- and many people have chosen one or the other. So-it's your choice as well

51Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:12

Given the timing of him stepping away from the club it was a relevant question.

52Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
xxxxxx31 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

If you don't like speculating without the facts then stay away from the multiple threads about takeovers, administration, consortia etc., because they're rampant with speculation. One thing that the club doesn't do is publish any facts on which to base rational arguments. Therefore all that is left is either silence or speculation.
It's your choice on here- and many people have chosen one or the other. So-it's your choice as well

There's a difference between speculating over a potential takeover and a human beings health.

53Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:16

Lets not start this bollocks and finger pointing now. A man has died ffs. Rightly or wrongly things have been said. Move on. If this shows us anything it is that life is too short. RIP phil.

54Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's finger pointing? I've kept quiet about his comments over the last few weeks and have been getting on with him. But he says some terrible stuff sometimes

55Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xxxxxx31 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Are you Brett Warburton, if you are WE WANT ANSWERS!!

56Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:21

Boggersbelief wrote:Who's finger pointing? I've kept quiet about his comments over the last few weeks and have been getting on with him. But he says some terrible stuff sometimes

Im on about everyone. Its not the time or place

57Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 18:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put this to bed now. Enough.

58Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

:agree:

59Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The original post was fair comment. Club gets in the shit, Gartside goes quiet, questions were bound to be asked.

Obviously it looks in bad taste now, but if the club had been more forthcoming with the seriousness of Gartside's illness perhaps threads like this wouldn't have been necessary.

60Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The original post was fair comment. Club gets in the shit, Gartside goes quiet, questions were bound to be asked.

Obviously it looks in bad taste now, but if the club had been more forthcoming with the seriousness of Gartside's illness perhaps threads like this wouldn't have been necessary.

This as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum