Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Gartside really that ill....?

+21
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
Copper Dragon
xxxxxx31
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
FullofSprite
wanderlust
Chairmanda
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Alf Hooker
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
Hip Priest
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Is Gartside really dying?

Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 43% [ 10 ]
Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Vote_lcap57%Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 57% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:20

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just about everyone had some misgivings about who was ill or not, who was bathing in the Caribbean, who was going to hijack what. It now appears that most comments would NOT have been made had we known how ill Phil was. It was a situation that his family wanted privacy, no-one really in the know was talking about the clubs future or demise and the ST was forging ahead without any remit whatsoever. Terrible way to go and I'm sure everyone will want him to RIP.

62Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as Nat has already said so well, if the club had been more forthcoming with information then this thread would never had happened and the rumours and suspicion wouldn't have surfaced.

63Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:as Nat has already said so well, if the club had been more forthcoming with information then this thread would never had happened and the rumours and suspicion wouldn't have surfaced.

Gartsides family requested privacy.

64Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes and if they had just said what the problem was at the start they would have got it. Being secretive didn't help anyone including him and his family

65Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So speculating that he was living it up and laughing at bwfcs demise was the thing to do?

66Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:44

Ffs

67Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Guest wrote:Ffs

I'll air my views thank you very much.

68Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:50

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I guess he was really sick, then.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

69Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny has deleted his account ffs! 

Why?

70Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 19:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Johnny has deleted his account ffs! 

Why?
Attention seeking.

71Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 20:06

Seriously, who the fuck's just voted?

This is the only comment I'm going to make about the whole thing:

As has already been observed (by others), when I started the thread, rumour and speculation regarding whether or not Phil Gartside was ill or not was rife.

Not just on here, on every Bolton forum.

I stand by my decision to start this thread, as I believed at the time that it was a fair topic for discussion.

No one was forced to take part, nor was anyone coerced into voting.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and obviously, if I'd known the truth back then, I would never have started the thread.

But we didn't know the truth and (in my opinion at least) the club handled the issue poorly, hence all the speculation.

I'm far from the only one to have been suspicious at the time and I stand by the position I took.

I offer my sincerest condolences to the Gartside family at this awful time.

72Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 20:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can understand the family's reaction. The cancer was obviously detected very late, and the shock would have them thinking only of him, and his needs.

The only regret is that we were unable to show him our support

73Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 20:21

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

This topic should be closed or deleted in respect of the family.

74Is Gartside really that ill....? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Gartside really that ill....? Wed Feb 10 2016, 20:21

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Breadman wrote:Seriously, who the fuck's just voted?

This is the only comment I'm going to make about the whole thing:

As has already been observed (by others), when I started the thread, rumour and speculation regarding whether or not Phil Gartside was ill or not was rife.

Not just on here, on every Bolton forum.

I stand by my decision to start this thread, as I believed at the time that it was a fair topic for discussion.

No one was forced to take part, nor was anyone coerced into voting.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and obviously, if I'd known the truth back then, I would never have started the thread.

But we didn't know the truth and (in my opinion at least) the club handled the issue poorly, hence all the speculation.

I'm far from the only one to have been suspicious at the time and I stand by the position I took.

I offer my sincerest condolences to the Gartside family at this awful time.
I agree with this on the whole. I don't mind admitting I had my suspicions and with the timing of it and no information coming from anywhere to clarify anything it was a fair topic of discussion. 

As it is, he was genuinely seriously ill, and all we can do now is offer our condolences. He may have done some wrongs, but nobody would have wished this on him or his family. 

RIP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum