Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some advice needed

+12
Sluffy
karlypants
Bollotom2014
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bolton Nuts
Leeds_Trotter
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
finlaymcdanger
okocha
boltonbonce
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Some advice needed Empty Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 17:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Mum is 86 on Friday,and as a bit of a treat she said she'd like to go and watch the new Dad's Army film......on Saturday afternoon.
She knows very well that we're at home on Saturday,and I wouldn't put it past her to be pulling my tail again.
However,the rest of the family are going,and that leaves me in a bit of a quandary.
Do I miss the match,or do I get down to the Macron,then try to get out of bother with an expensive gift?
Much as I love my Mum,for the past 50 years she's referred to the Whites as 'that shower',and I'm fearing the repercussions of cheering the lads on.

2Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 18:19

Take charge of the situation and book your whole family tickets to the 10.40am showing of Dad's army. Leaving you plenty of time to drop your mum off somewhere for lunch and get down to the Macron. 

You can either swing by for dinner after, job done.

3Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 18:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worth considering.

Although she doesn't tend to begin functioning as a rational human being until at least 1pm.

Can't help feeling that,whatever I do,going to the match will put me in the wrong.

4Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 18:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Which of the two is closer to extinction? Support whichever you feel has one foot in the grave....

5Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 18:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Put Mum first.

6Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 18:54

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:Worth considering.

Although she doesn't tend to begin functioning as a rational human being until at least 1pm.

Can't help feeling that,whatever I do,going to the match will put me in the wrong.
Take her to the match then watch the late showing of the film.
How happy your mum will be. :birthday:

7Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:15

There is a 13:15 showing of Dad's Army at the Vue cinema (2 minutes from the ground) and the film's duration is listed as 1h 40 mins.

Thus, said film will finish at 14:55, giving you approximately 3 minutes to give Mum a tenner, point her in the direction of the Hollywood Bowl and tell her you'll be back to pick her at roughly 5pm(ish).

Simple this Logistics business if you apply yourself properly....... Very Happy

8Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:There is a 13:15 showing of Dad's Army at the Vue cinema (2 minutes from the ground) and the film's duration is listed as 1h 40 mins.

Thus, said film will finish at 14:55, giving you approximately 3 minutes to give Mum a tenner, point her in the direction of the Hollywood Bowl and tell her you'll be back to pick her at roughly 5pm(ish).

Simple this Logistics business if you apply yourself properly....... Very Happy

There's the answer to your problem Boncie.

9Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:36

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why don't you go on a Tuesday or Wednesday? I have a Meerkat movies code you can have which gives you 2 for 1 leaving you enough money to take her for a meal with the money saved. Wink 2 gifts for the price of one!

10Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm thinking of feigning illness. Unless I'm spotted on TV,no one is the wiser.
Although,knowing my luck,I'll have an accident outside the ground,and end up in hospital,prompting an angry maternal visitation.
My Brother is going,the self serving bastard. Don't like him having command of the moral high ground,because he always brings up the 'pram' incident,to put me in a bad light.
I should really explain. When I was six,Mum asked me to push my Brother round the block in his nice new pram. I was happy to do so,but half way round,I met three lads,and swapped him for a three wheeler bike. I think they only wanted the pram wheels to put on a bogie.
However,this didn't go down too well with Mum,who seemed to lose all sense of proportion. It was only a sodding three wheeler.
We got him back within five minutes of course,but my Brother still brings it up at every opportunity. Mum pretends it didn't happen.
I think I'm going to look like the bad boy again.

11Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Breaders has solved the quandary.  

Or has he? 

The 1315 showing will have adverts filed by trailers. Thus the movie won't start until approx 1335 at least.  

You're gonna miss the first half.  

Instead.  Tell the family you already have plans on Saturday and have bought tickets in advance.  Suggest Sunday as a reasonable alternative.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

12Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:41

Bolton Nuts

Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I'm thinking of feigning illness. Unless I'm spotted on TV,no one is the wiser.
Although,knowing my luck,I'll have an accident outside the ground,and end up in hospital,prompting an angry maternal visitation.
My Brother is going,the self serving bastard. Don't like him having command of the moral high ground,because he always brings up the 'pram' incident,to put me in a bad light.
I should really explain. When I was six,Mum asked me to push my Brother round the block in his nice new pram. I was happy to do so,but half way round,I met three lads,and swapped him for a three wheeler bike. I think they only wanted the pram wheels to put on a bogie.
However,this didn't go down too well with Mum,who seemed to lose all sense of proportion. It was only a sodding three wheeler.
We got him back within five minutes of course,but my Brother still brings it up at every opportunity. Mum pretends it didn't happen.
I think I'm going to look like the bad boy again.

See my above post  

It sounds like you are feeling guilt tripped.  
To be honest if you have plans you need to be assertive. You are not somehow in the wrong for already having plans. 
If you are looked down upon for standing your ground then the problem is at their end,not yours. You dont need their approval and really their approval is devalued if its only on their terms.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

13Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:44

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

will the team miss you if you aren't at the game? Will your Mum notice if you aren't at the film? You know what you need to do boncey....

14Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:will the team miss you if you aren't at the game? Will your Mum notice if you aren't at the film? You know what you need to do boncey....
I suppose so Mand. Macron it is then. ::bwfc:: Some advice needed Giphy

15Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

16Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If you want to remain the 'Golden Child' Bonce, you'll need to keep Mummy sweet! Very Happy

17Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm keeping my head down. She'll be settling down for Leeds v Warrington now.

Probably tune in myself. Should be a decent game.

18Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:03

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Be a bit of a bugger if you go to the footie and we get thrashed 6-0, then you'll be at the mercy of your Mum and your brother for the rest of your life plus the disappointment of losing. Now get to the pictures and stop all this ducking and diving. You're not Arfur Daley thus have no screenwriters to furnish you with excuses of a magnitude akin to that bloke walking on water cos he didn't want to disturb the fish. I'm on duty Satdy afters so no sympathy from this callsign.  Evil or Very Mad

19Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some advice needed Salute

20Some advice needed Empty Re: Some advice needed Thu Feb 04 2016, 20:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tell her that you are going to the match and that you will buy her it on DVD when it comes out in a couple of months, that way she can watch it till her heart's content! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum