Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Clattenburg

+10
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
scottjames30
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
doffcocker
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 10:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Back on thread - a nonsense decision from an arrogant clown- and it's not the first by a long way. Clattenburg needs  to be suspended and sent for retraining as his decisions are affwcting the outcomes of games an therefore of league positions and the economic outcomes for clubs. One bad decision (like this one) can cost  club millions in future revenues

62Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 10:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Back on thread - a nonsense decision from an arrogant clown- and it's not the first by a long way. Clattenburg needs  to be suspended and sent for retraining as his decisions are affwcting the outcomes of games an therefore of league positions and the economic outcomes for clubs. One bad decision (like this one) can cost  club millions in future revenues

Total over reaction. It was one bad decision. You'll never find a human ref who gets everything 100% spot on.

Get a grip.

63Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:20

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Back on thread - a nonsense decision from an arrogant clown- and it's not the first by a long way. Clattenburg needs  to be suspended and sent for retraining as his decisions are affwcting the outcomes of games an therefore of league positions and the economic outcomes for clubs. One bad decision (like this one) can cost  club millions in future revenues

Total over reaction. It was one bad decision. You'll never find a human ref who gets everything 100% spot on.

Get a grip.

It's not ONE bad decision- it's one more in a series of bad decisions from this guy who thinks he's the main attraction.

64Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

It's not ONE bad decision- it's one more in a series of bad decisions from this guy who thinks he's the main attraction.

I'd like to see you do better.

65Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

I'd like to see you do better.
But unfortunately you won't as I'm not paid to be a full time,well paid professional referee. The day of the amateur referee is long gone. These guys are paid to get all the big decisions correct. 
I'm very well paid to do a different job- and I don't make catastrophic errors like this one- otherwise I'd be demoted or shown the door

66Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Premier League refs are on about £5,000 per game and as Rammy says, it's not the first time Clatters has dropped a clanger.

67Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All referees make mistakes, even the best in the world.

The game is so fast, it's easy to point the finger when you've watched it ten times in slow motion.

68Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 12:10

Natasha Whittam wrote:All referees make mistakes, even the best in the world.

The game is so fast, it's easy to point the finger when you've watched it ten times in slow motion.

I would wager that pretty much everybody watching that game yesterday immediately went: "How's that a penalty? He had his back to the ball when it hit him!" as soon as the whistle went, signalling the penalty.

Stop being an arse.

PM Pete and see if he'll let you have BEL back if it'll make you feel better and stop all this nonsense.

69Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 12:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I would wager that pretty much everybody watching that game yesterday immediately went: "How's that a penalty? He had his back to the ball when it hit him!" as soon as the whistle went, signalling the penalty.

Stop being an arse.

PM Pete and see if he'll let you have BEL back if it'll make you feel better and stop all this nonsense.

Yes, because the view you see from the TV is exactly like the view the ref gets :facepalm: .

Football is a fast game, for players and referees. Be honest Breadman, when was the last time you played in a proper game of football? Around the last time you saw your toes perhaps?

70Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 12:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Stop being an arse.

Practice what you preach.

71Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 12:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

72Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Mon Feb 15 2016, 13:55

I fail to see how the ref being closer to the action or having a different view of the incident to the one offered by the camera means that he could have missed the fact that Sterling had his back to the ball when it hit him.

Please enlighten me.

73Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sat May 21 2016, 17:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another howler by Clattenburg.

Palace player through on goal, easiest advantage decision a ref should ever have to make, blows for a free kick.

What a fucking liability this bloke really is.

74Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sat May 21 2016, 17:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Another howler by Clattenburg.

Palace player through on goal, easiest advantage decision a ref should ever have to make, blows for a free kick.

:agree:

75Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sat May 21 2016, 18:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How was Clattenburg ever rated a top referee?! He gets so many big decisions wrong, and is way too chummy with the star players.

76Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sat May 21 2016, 19:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For once I agree with you. What strikes me as utterly ridiculous is that the FA and FIFA are still refusing to even consider using video replay technology for certain decisions. I've heard the argument about breaking the "flow" of the game but frankly it doesn't wash with me. If there's a dispute about whether or not something is a penalty the fourth official should be able to look at the replay and tell the ref "Yes" or "no". Same with offside and certain other situations.

Frankly there's no way a human being can get every call right and given how costly mistakes can be to the clubs affected I believe it's high time FIFA got into the 21st Century and used the technology that's already there at pretty much every professional club on earth now.

77Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sat May 21 2016, 20:16

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, but we're talking here about not blowing up immediately when a foul is committed , but waiting a second or two to see if advantage arises. Clats got it wrong 3 times in just a few minutes! 

And he has a huge catalogue of incorrect decisions to his name. Check out his history on the web. He is not fit to referee big games. 

There is also a history of very pally behaviour with stars that he seems to want to ingratiate himself with......

78Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sun May 22 2016, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Yes, but we're talking here about not blowing up immediately when a foul is committed , but waiting a second or two to see if advantage arises. Clats got it wrong 3 times in just a few minutes! 

And he has a huge catalogue of incorrect decisions to his name. Check out his history on the web. He is not fit to referee big games. 

There is also a history of very pally behaviour with stars that he seems to want to ingratiate himself with......

He had a bad game yesterday, no doubt about that. But he also gave the best refereeing display of the season when Spurs played Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.

I don't see how him being "pally" with the players is a bad thing, they move in the same circles so it's inevitable that they're going to be friends.

79Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sun May 22 2016, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:Yes, but we're talking here about not blowing up immediately when a foul is committed , but waiting a second or two to see if advantage arises. Clats got it wrong 3 times in just a few minutes! 

He had a bad game yesterday, no doubt about that. But he also gave the best refereeing display of the season when Spurs played Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.

I don't see how him being "pally" with the players is a bad thing, they move in the same circles so it's inevitable that they're going to be friends.
I think Clattenburg is as fallible as anyone and although I resist trying to interpret what's behind his thinking, he does seem to have "celebrity attitude" which impacts on his decision-making IMO. 
What I find incongruous is that he is so highly rated by the authorities and other referees. He's been given loads of prestigious games and they love him. This article by Mark Halsey says Clattenburg is the best referee in the world. Can't see it personally and I think Palace have a grievance after yesterday's performance.

80Mark Clattenburg - Page 4 Empty Re: Mark Clattenburg Sun May 22 2016, 21:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Another howler by Clattenburg.

Twice as well! You had to feel for Palace in the first half. Am I right in thinking that Clattenburg is refereeing the Champions League final as well?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum