Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL: Lennon leaves by mutual consent

+13
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:if its mutual consent do we have to pay him off?

No
But if they have agreed to a mutual parting then he could have negotiated a deal to fuck off though no?

Mutual consent is basically Lennon agreeing to leave without his pay off, good on him, top guy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a difficult job with no money, but after thinking his passion would motivate the players, sadly it did not. Good move from the club and if it costs nothing then that's great too, but I suspect a pay off would have been privately agreed.

Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

No
But if they have agreed to a mutual parting then he could have negotiated a deal to fuck off though no?

Mutual consent is basically Lennon agreeing to leave without his pay off, good on him, top guy

Absolute bollocks, every word.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

No

Absolute bollocks, every word.

Insightful as ever

That's how I roll.....

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Quite relieved in a way just because it's a long way back after so many fans have turned against you.

I would love to see where we'd be if some of the know it alls had their way and could have done his job for him this season.

A new face will probably freshen things up for a bit, but as always, how long will it be before he's just another clueless idiot? Not long, if there's no money available.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Quite relieved in a way just because it's a long way back after so many fans have turned against you.

I would love to see where we'd be if some of the know it alls had their way and could have done his job for him this season.

A new face will probably freshen things up for a bit, but as always, how long will it be before he's just another clueless idiot? Not long, if there's no money available.

Well, I'd hope we go after someone who can manage on a shoestring budget. BROWNY

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think you need to give us fans a bit more credit Doffy, we all know what to expect next season - trying to offload the high earners, plenty of the young lads getting a game and bargain basement signings or loan players. I for one don't have any expectations of us bouncing back next season, it will probably be a season for consolidation.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I'd have Bayern Munich tapping me up by now.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think this is an awful move. I can't see how we'll benefit in the long term and given Sports Shield's apparent lack of resources I don't see how a new man can make the changes on the field to improve things. I suspect we'll see the new manager bounce effect from now till the end of the season but come August we'll be right back where we are now just in a lower league. 

Frankly I think by the end of October we'll be seeing Nat and others, possibly even myself calling for the new manager to be sacked because we're in the bottom six of League One. 

I'll close by saying that if Phil Brown gets the job I'm not renewing my season ticket because the man's a useless manager and such a move would be a blatant attempt to pander to the fans in order to hide the grim reality that we can't afford to improve the squad the way it needs.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I'd have Bayern Munich tapping me up by now.

Ha ha, yes your signing of Craig Mickail Smith (4 goals in 32 games for Luton) would be legendary.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think this is an awful move. I can't see how we'll benefit in the long term and given Sports Shield's apparent lack of resources I don't see how a new man can make the changes on the field to improve things. I suspect we'll see the new manager bounce effect from now till the end of the season but come August we'll be right back where we are now just in a lower league. 

Personally I'd have kept him on until the end of the season, and have a totally fresh start at the end of May.

However, Lennon has shown nothing to suggest he is the man to get us out of the lower leagues. On our budget we need someone experienced in dealing at this level.

I suspect the application list will be long, I hope Holdsworth and co choose the right man.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I think this is an awful move. I can't see how we'll benefit in the long term and given Sports Shield's apparent lack of resources I don't see how a new man can make the changes on the field to improve things. I suspect we'll see the new manager bounce effect from now till the end of the season but come August we'll be right back where we are now just in a lower league. 

Frankly I think by the end of October we'll be seeing Nat and others, possibly even myself calling for the new manager to be sacked because we're in the bottom six of League One. 

I'll close by saying that if Phil Brown gets the job I'm not renewing my season ticket because the man's a useless manager and such a move would be a blatant attempt to pander to the fans in order to hide the grim reality that we can't afford to improve the squad the way it needs.

Sometimes you really do come across as a WUM.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Ha ha, yes your signing of Craig Mickail Smith (4 goals in 32 games for Luton) would be legendary.

He'd have provided the chances for Rob Earnshaw to bury.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry LPP but i'm going to disagree again, why would Browny be so bad? He got Southend promoted from league 2 and they are just out of the play-offs in league 1. He knows the lower divisions and what's available so would be ideal in my eyes.

I certainly can't see any better options at the moment to be honest

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Get a grip. Useless? Have you seen what he's done at Southend. He's far from the best manager in the world but a useless manager wouldn't have turned their fortunes in such a short space of time.

Norpig wrote:sorry LPP but i'm going to disagree again, why would Browny be so bad? He got Southend promoted from league 2 and they are just out of the play-offs in league 1. He knows the lower divisions and what's available so would be ideal in my eyes.

:agree:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nigel Pearson, worth a punt?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Chris Wilder is my choice. Got Oxford back into the football league and is working wonders at Northampton despite them not having a pot to piss in.

He is exactly the sort of guy we need, none of this big name bollocks.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Nigel Pearson, worth a punt?
 no chance Martin, why would he drop into league 1?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum