Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL: Lennon leaves by mutual consent

+13
Fabians Right Peg
Bwfc1958
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wanted Mick the prick before we got Dougie.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:
I certainly can't see any better options at the moment to be honest

Chris Wilder is my choice. Got Oxford back into the football league and is working wonders at Northampton despite them not having a pot to piss in.

He is exactly the sort of guy we need, none of this big name bollocks.
 don't know anything about him but he is the kind of person we need, someone with experience of leagues 1 & 2 and someone who knows how to find a rough diamond on the cheap

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Chris Wilder is my choice. Got Oxford back into the football league and is working wonders at Northampton despite them not having a pot to piss in.

He's on a roll with Northampton, they'll probably finish higher than us, so why would he leave them for us?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Bollocks. There's far less pressure at those two nothing clubs. He'd be a disaster

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That poor bastard was scammed and lied to by Eddie & Phil. In years to come in his tell all book we will find out how much.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Bollocks. There's far less pressure at those two nothing clubs. He'd be a disaster

I don't doubt Bolton is a bigger job, but you have no idea whether he could handle the added pressure or not.

Stop making a knob of yourself.

88 points anyone?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I don't doubt Bolton is a bigger job, but you have no idea whether he could handle the added pressure or not.

Stop making a knob of yourself.

88 points anyone?

Nat I mocked myself about the points prediction months ago. 

Wind it in

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just using it to show your knowledge of football is the equivalent of Hipster's knowledge of women.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm just using it to show your knowledge of football is the equivalent of Hipster's knowledge of women.

You've been campaigning for us to sign Earnshaw for years.. Do not question my knowledge of football

I'd have Earnshaw.

(In a fight. The dwarfy, little bastard.......)

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Can't say I'm disappointed. The new owners have had the balls to make the change and they could probably see what most others could see over the course of the season. It should give the new manager, whoever it might be, time to get his shit together and prepare for pre season and league one in good time. 

Whether you sympathise with Lennon or not, you can't deny the fact that it just wasn't working. Time will tell if the new manager is able to do a job or not. At this moment in time I feel it's the right decision.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope the club is working extremely hard to find new clubs for Davies, Wheater, Spearing and Amos. Be it a loan or transfer them high earning twats need to go

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Phillips has taken over. Hipsters heads gone

Laughing

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know I'm in a minority and respect your right to your opinion but I really do feel this is a retrograde step given the overall circumstances we are in. For those who say Brown's done a good job in L2 and 1 I reply granted but is that really all you want? A manager who knows the lower leagues and failed in the only premier league/championship job he's had? 

My feeling is that losing Lennon will seriously hurt us in the long term. But I also think Sport Shield won't care because they don't intend to be here to see it. I'm already becoming convinced that they'll be here no more than two or three years during which they'll flog off whatever they can and after which they'll sell the club to the ST for whatever they can get and leave us to flounder in the fourth tier like Portsmouth.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:For those who say Brown's done a good job in L2 and 1 I reply granted but is that really all you want? A manager who knows the lower leagues and failed in the only premier league/championship job he's had? 

So you want a successful Prem/Championship manager to step down to League 1?

You need to wise up. A manager who has been a success in Leagues 1 and 2 is exactly what we want - worry about the Prem when and if it ever happens.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:For those who say Brown's done a good job in L2 and 1 I reply granted but is that really all you want? A manager who knows the lower leagues and failed in the only premier league/championship job he's had? 

A manager who has been a success in Leagues 1 and 2 is exactly what we want - worry about the Prem when and if it ever happens.
:agree:

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:

I would love to see where we'd be if some of the know it alls had their way and could have done his job for him this season.

Not sure we could be in a worse position league wise with the tea lady in charge given we are rock bottom.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's going to be a split manager. One who can manage in Div 1 while coaching "Prem" prima donnas. I doubt very much that our present team, including those with long contracts, have the balls to play a game of football at any level. Brown won't come here. We'll get someone learning the trade on the job, or Jimmy'll change his mind and accept the job full time.

Has Liam Feeney joined Ipswich?

Not read anything about it but according to the Mail it is why Lennon left.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If it's true that they didn't run it past him it's absolutely shambolic. That's Cellino and Vincent Tan levels of doing stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum