Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardiff 2-1 Bolton

+14
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
gloswhite
okocha
observer
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

81Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If nat had it her way football would be a non contact sport.

82Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:31

scottjames30 wrote:Yeah, messi was shit at 16.

Not sure what point you're making here.

83Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Yeah, messi was shit at 16.

Not sure what point you're making here.

Players need time to develop into the finished article.

84Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:33

Think Scott was being sarcastic actually. Messi was brilliant, even at 16.

85Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:33

Have to wait for he big man himself to explain in more detail.

86Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Compared to Messi now, 16 year old Messi was shit

87Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Maher made a mistake. Was it dumb? Yes, certainly. But I don't think he needs to be hung drawn and quartered or burned at the stake. Leaving aside the fact he's not exactly alone in making on pitch mistakes this season or even his youth and inexperience I'd much rather have a player on the field who makes the occasional gaffe while giving his all than one who tip toes around and shies away from challenges due to being afraid he might give away a penalty. 

What really matters is how he responds to it. If he takes it on the chin, learns from it comes back stronger then I'm glad he made that mistake now when there's nothing at stake for us rather than later in a game where the result really matters to us. 

If it makes him shy off future challenges and causes him to let strikers go for the ball unchallenged then that would be a catastrophe. 

Personally I think he'll learn from this one and it will stand him in good stead for the future which could turn out to be a very good thing for the club indeed. I know it's very early days but from the highlights I've seen I'd say most of the kids out there did OK yesterday including Maher.

88Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The planets must have aligned because Pete is talking sense.

89Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 17:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lack of experience increases the likelihood of making mistakes.

90Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 18:02

scottjames30 wrote:Lack of experience increases the likelihood of making mistakes.

Proud of you Scott, thanks for reading.

91Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 18:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Heskey has experience, Clough has none.

I want less experience, full of passion, proven in science that they make less mistakes.

Is experience really important ?

92Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 18:31

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:
Is experience really important ?

What we need is the correct blend of qualities, so yes experience is important as is youthful exuberance.

93Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 18:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't forget.

You can't win anything with kids.

94Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 20:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But those kids were supported by the likes of Eric Cantona and Peter Scmeichel, hardly what you'd call useless lumps. 

And the 'kids' themselves weren't exactly un-talented. Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, both Nevilles and up front they had Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, still one of the deadliest striking partnerships I've ever seen. 

I think our own 'kids' do have some promise but it would be too much to ask of any team to play with nothing but kids and still succeed over a full season. We need some experience to leaven that youth and enthusiasm but it needs to be the right sort of experience. Players like Madine do more harm than good in that respect imo. I don't know what the long term answer is but in the short term I think we should be looking for one or two older players who can actually lead on the pitch and help the kids along. I think we're severely lacking in that area right now and if we can find such men we should make signing them a high priority. Preferably while getting rid of some of our so-called 'stars' who currently do nothing to earn their vastly overinflated wages.

95Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2016, 22:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry I've been out most of today so have only just read this thread.

Back in the day when I was growing up calling black people 'niggers', beating up 'queers' and getting smashed off your face with alcohol and then driving home was all considered normal behaviour - but we know better now and no longer find it acceptable.

Also back then it was common to deride people with the terms like 'm ong' and 'spast!c' as a humorous sort of insult - but that was back in the dark old days and most of us (even I) are a little bit more enlightened about such things and now find it offensive.

Spasticity is now more commonly referred to under the general medical condition of cerebral palsy and mongolism as Downs Syndrome.

Fwiw I used the terms frequently in my youth (along with all my mates) and never thought much about it.

Years later having worked closely with a super bloke who had cerebral palsy and known two terrific kids with Down Syndrome I'm now greatly ashamed of then being so flippant with, and ignorant of, others misfortunes.

Thank God my child was born healthy.

I've seen the challenges in life my cerebral palsy friend of mine faced on a daily basis and I've seen the parents of the Down Syndrome kids grow old and fear for how the children will cope (if at all) once they can no longer care for them themselves.

It is too late now I think to ban people for what was said earlier on this thread, or even to remove it - it has been up now for several hours  - but I would ask of people in future to please avoid using those terms - as most of the rest of us do.

I'm sure there probably are like me, many others on Nuts who know personally of friends and family who have cerebral palsy or Down Syndrome and believe me it isn't funny in the slightest.

I know we are only on the internet and there are plenty of places where you can find abuse such as that but Nuts isn't the place for it.

We don't have many rules on Nuts but please no more use of words such as those.

God willing that one day they wont come back to haunt you.

Thank you.

96Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Mon Apr 25 2016, 08:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well said Sluffy, no need to use words like that these days  :clap:

97Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Mon Apr 25 2016, 09:46

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Sluffy wrote:Sorry I've been out most of today so have only just read this thread.

Back in the day when I was growing up calling black people 'niggers', beating up 'queers' and getting smashed off your face with alcohol and then driving home was all considered normal behaviour - but we know better now and no longer find it acceptable.

Also back then it was common to deride people with the terms like 'm ong' and 'spast!c' as a humorous sort of insult - but that was back in the dark old days and most of us (even I) are a little bit more enlightened about such things and now find it offensive.

Spasticity is now more commonly referred to under the general medical condition of cerebral palsy and mongolism as Downs Syndrome.

Fwiw I used the terms frequently in my youth (along with all my mates) and never thought much about it.

Years later having worked closely with a super bloke who had cerebral palsy and known two terrific kids with Down Syndrome I'm now greatly ashamed of then being so flippant with, and ignorant of, others misfortunes.

Thank God my child was born healthy.

I've seen the challenges in life my cerebral palsy friend of mine faced on a daily basis and I've seen the parents of the Down Syndrome kids grow old and fear for how the children will cope (if at all) once they can no longer care for them themselves.

It is too late now I think to ban people for what was said earlier on this thread, or even to remove it - it has been up now for several hours  - but I would ask of people in future to please avoid using those terms - as most of the rest of us do.

I'm sure there probably are like me, many others on Nuts who know personally of friends and family who have cerebral palsy or Down Syndrome and believe me it isn't funny in the slightest.

I know we are only on the internet and there are plenty of places where you can find abuse such as that but Nuts isn't the place for it.

We don't have many rules on Nuts but please no more use of words such as those.

God willing that one day they wont come back to haunt you.

Thank you.

:clap:

good points!

98Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Mon Apr 25 2016, 10:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well said Sluffy. Wholeheartedly agree.

99Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Mon Apr 25 2016, 11:25

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Well said Sluffy. Wholeheartedly agree.
Second that.  :clap:

100Cardiff 2-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-1 Bolton Mon Apr 25 2016, 11:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
gloswhite wrote::clap: Well said Sluffy. Wholeheartedly agree.
Second that.  :clap:

Third that. :clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum