Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fulham 1-0 Bolton

+8
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
Resistance is Futile
gloswhite
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
wanderlust
karlypants
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 12:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holding on his way out

22Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 12:41

MartinBWFC wrote:Especially as he won't be here next season, makes no sense whatsoever.
He's been offered a new 5 year contract

23Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 13:40

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live guys! Smile
not for me it isn't. Kp are you sure it's on?

24Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 13:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Radio Nuts reports itself as "OFF AIR" at the moment. Help please karly.

25Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 13:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thank you. Very Happy

26Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 15:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Massive blessing in disguise losing this match.

Two wins on the bounce would have really tempted the board to just call off this tedious managerial search and make do with Jimmy next season.

And let's face it, he's dull, the performances have only gotten worse since he stepped up, he just doesn't inspire confidence.

27Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 17:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doesn't inspire confidence, as he's been in his comfort zone for a long time, however, he , and Peter Reid, but give him his due, he has sorted out the defence to some extent.

28Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sat May 07 2016, 18:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Fulham 1-0 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Bolton Wanderers’ brought the curtain down on a disappointing and forgettable 2015/16 campaign with defeat against Fulham at a sunny Craven Cottage.

Fulham controlled much of the game, which was largely played at an exhibition pace.

The decisive goal came on 77 minutes, when Tom Cairney controlled a loose ball inside the area before curling into the far corner.

The highlight, a vocal and undeterred backing from around 1,200 travelling Bolton Wanderers supporters. From first whistle to last and beyond, their chorus of songs, many of which remembered players from yesteryear, were heard up and down the banks of the Thames.

TEAM NEWS

There was a solitary change to the Bolton Wanderers line-up that had previously claimed three points against play-off bound Hull City.

Oscar Threlkeld returned to the starting line-up following a brief absence with injury. He took the place of Rob Holding, who missed out on the matchday squad.

FIRST HALF

The home side set much of the early tempo. Ryan Fredericks made inroads down the right flank on a couple of occasions inside the opening ten minutes, causing problems for the Bolton backline. 

Matt Smith saw his shot from a low cross blocked by David Wheater, before Dan Burn stabbed a volley marginally wide following a Ross McCormack corner kick.

After weathering the early pressure, Bolton did settle the game down and the 20-minute mark passed without any real incident of note.

Wanderers’ first effort of note came on 29 minutes. Neat midfield interplay involving Neil Danns and Mark Davies eventually culminated in Darren Pratley finding a pocket of space 20 yards from goal, though his shot zipped wide of Marcus Bettinelli’s near post.

Immediately up the other end Smith seemingly wrestled the shirt from Threlkeld’s back before spinning and slicing a shot wide from the left channel.

Towards the end of the half Bolton began to see more of the ball. Danns saw a shot spin wide from distance.

But the hosts ended the half in the ascendancy. Cairney forced Ben Amos into a scrambling save with a dipping effort from distance before defender Burn struck the base of the post after galloping forward unchallenged.

SECOND HALF

The second period assumed a similar pattern to that of the first. The home side seeing more of the ball, with Bolton occasionally threatening on the break.

Just shy of the hour mark Bolton engineered their best opportunity of the match. Lawrie Wilson escaped the attentions of ex-Wanderers Tim Ream before standing up a cross for Emile Heskey who nodded inches over the bar.

Smith’s aerial presence continued to cause problems. On two separate occasions within the space of five minutes the target man connected with McCormack and Cairney centres, but failed to find the target.

But Amos was twice called into action on 65 minutes. He first reacted superbly to beat away a point blank half volley from Fulham sub Emerson Hyndman before moments later smothering a low shot on the turn from Smith.

Emile Heskey departed to a standing ovation from all four sides of the stadium, with Kaiyne Woolery on in his place, as Bolton attempted to vary their attacking place.

But Fulham’s pressure eventually told. Smith once again rose high inside the Bolton area to head goalwards, with Amos parrying only to the feet of Cairney. After one touch, he superbly curled an effort inside the far post.

The remainder of the game was played out at an exhibition pace. Cairney came close to doubling his tally, once again curling wide from distance.

Amos made another superb double save in the final minutes, somehow clawing away quickfire efforts from no less than six yards from Smith and McCormack.

In stoppage time Danns saw a shot deflect narrowly wide, before the referee then called time.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sun May 08 2016, 03:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Doesn't inspire confidence, as he's been in his comfort zone for a long time, however, he , and Peter Reid, but give him his due, he has sorted out the defence to some extent.

Do you really think he's "sorted the defence out" though?

Yes, we've gone five matches without getting absolutely tonked, but does that necessarily constitute progress?

Even under Lennon we kept a considerable number of clean sheets.

I mean any idiot can send a team out to play damage limitation.

30Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Sun May 08 2016, 17:26

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fair enough. Maybe I should have said that he'd started to sort the defence out, and the grass roots are showing for the future.

31Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 12:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Fair enough. Maybe I should have said that he'd started to sort the defence out, and the grass roots are showing for the future.

Unfortunately it was built around having Wheater at the heart and he's leaving.

32Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 12:18

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Fair enough. Maybe I should have said that he'd started to sort the defence out, and the grass roots are showing for the future.

Unfortunately it was built around having Wheater at the heart and he's leaving.

Along with Holding.

33Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 15:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The interim management knows nowt, the players know nowt, the tea lady knows nowt and the fans know least of all.  Welcome to BWFC.

34Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 15:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Getting bored with being rdirected to scam pages every time I try to post now. 

I still think JP is going to be named as permanent manager with Reidy as DoF by next Monday.

35Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 15:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i really hope not LPP , i just don't see JP as manager and Reid has been out of the game too long.

36Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 15:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i really hope not LPP , i just don't see JP as manager and Reid has been out of the game too long.
I agree norpig but with the embargo still in place can you really see anyone else wanting the job? And given the apparent chaos between Anderson and Holdsworth plus backroom staff being told they can go or that their contract won't be renewed I can't see anyone looking at us and thinking "Yeah that's a great management job. I could do a Leicester there."

In the end I think it will be Jimmy or perhaps Reidy directly simply because we can't  get anyone else to take it.

37Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 15:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Getting bored with being rdirected to scam pages every time I try to post now. 
Sounds like you have some adware shit in your PC.

You could do with doing a virus scan or similar to get shut of it. Smile

38Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 15:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Getting bored with being rdirected to scam pages every time I try to post now. 
Sounds like you have some[url=#22370651] adware[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] shit in[url=#81610428] your[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] PC.

You could do with doing a[url=#76563792] virus scan[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] or similar to get shut of it. Smile
Oddly enough I was just discussing that with sluffy. Failing all else I'm going to 'nuke' my drive and re-format it. Then I'm going to shove my (probably) infected USB stick up the salesman's, orifice. Both my work and home PC are doing this redirect crap, hence my suspicion about my USB stick. But the strange thing is it's ONLY on Nuts, nowhere else. Any idea why mate? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

39Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 16:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Sounds like you have some[url=#22370651] adware[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] shit in[url=#81610428] your[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] PC.

You could do with doing a[url=#76563792] virus scan[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url] or similar to get shut of it. Smile
Oddly enough I was just discussing that with sluffy. Failing all else I'm going to 'nuke' my drive and re-format it. Then I'm going to shove my (probably) infected USB stick up the salesman's, orifice. Both my work and home PC are doing this redirect crap, hence my suspicion about my USB stick. But the strange thing is it's ONLY on Nuts, nowhere else. Any idea why mate? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You could have downloaded something without any knowledge of it or it is a dodgy cookie or add on etc that is in your web browser. Have no idea why it's doing it just on Nuts though.

Download malware bytes (the free version) and do a scan and fix any problems.

40Fulham 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fulham 1-0 Bolton Mon May 09 2016, 16:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Link here: http://www.malwarebytes.org

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum