Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFCST's Response To BWFC Owners Regarding Academy Funding

+5
Sluffy
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
whatsgoingon
boltonbonce
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=16][size=26]BWFCST's Response To BWFC Owners Regarding Academy Funding
Meetings Held
As a result of the recent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the great amount of support from the BWFCST members to look at levels of funding for the BWFC Academy, we have been in contact and held separate meetings with both Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson.
In the meeting with Ken Anderson on 02 June 2016, we were asked to report on the Trust’s ability and appetite for immediate investment in the Academy, principally to assist the Club in retaining Category 2 status.
Proposed Feasibility
Due to the short timescales involved, this is not possible, but what we have asked the owners to consider is to allow us to initiate a feasibility study looking at the longer term purpose, structure and funding of the Academy. As part of this exercise, we will require to have sight of a funded business plan from the Club. This will be required as it will be necessary to carry out a due diligence and reporting exercise prior to looking at raising any associated investment.
In line with Ken Anderson’s request for an urgent reply to their funding enquiry, we have written to both owners and identified that the BWFCST cannot commit to immediate investment, but would wish to look at the initiation of a feasibility study looking at the longer term Academy situation. This study would also include an assessment of how the wider Bolton community could become involved in the structuring of the Academy, in line with the community ethos of the Supporters’ Trust.
Further Information
Our letter to the club was forwarded on 07 June 2016 and we are awaiting a response. When we are in receipt of a reply, we will make available to members our communication in full.

[/size][/size]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What a bunch of self important pricks, they've collected probably about £20,000 and they think they are the clubs saviours. The more I read from these bell ends the closer I get to Sluffy's hatred of them.
Every correspondence says the same things, we want all the information both public and confidential before we help in any way. Well if you don't want to help fuck off then and stop trying to convince everyone you're anything but a bunch of tossers with a pathological view of their own importance.
I haven't done my tenner despite pledging it because I wasn't sure, now I am sure and sure that they offer absolutely nothing.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Got to be honest, having paid my tenner already I'm crossing my fingers that the steering group don't win the elections. If they do then I won't be renewing my fee next year.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The more I see and hear of the them the more they look like a bunch of fucktards playing at being businessmen, in fairness it's only a tenner which won't break the bank.
When you look at the conduct and general comments you wouldn't trust them to organise a night out.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Got to be honest, having paid my tenner already I'm crossing my fingers that the steering group don't win the elections. If they do then I won't be renewing my fee next year.
 i'm beginning to feel the same way Pete

I told you all this months ago.

I'm not a complete dickhead, you know.....

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

atodaso  Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Got to be honest, having paid my tenner already I'm crossing my fingers that the steering group don't win the elections. If they do then I won't be renewing my fee next year.
 i'm beginning to feel the same way Pete

Of course those standing from the Steering Group will win the elections, the vast majority of those who have joined up believe they are somehow the saviours of the club and can see no wrong in them.

Many will have no idea of anybody who puts their name up for elections other than those of them in the Steering Group.

It is blatantly obvious that they will be elected - to many they have become hero's taking on and slaying the evil club owners.

That is how they portray themselves - Bridge seeking a meeting with the Football League about them, their point blank refusal to help the academy out whilst at the same time chiding Holdsworth and Anderson for downsizing because they don't have the funds. Izza's tweeting -

#BWFC can we believe anything coming from the club? Many promises about info but nothing happens. Time to show some backbone. #Bwfcst = the way

Are these really the people you want to be in power of the ST for the next two years?

The ST is only meaningful when the club is in difficulty.

It looks like the Steering Group members WANT the club to fail so they can get their hands on the club and live out their dreams of being the owners - how else can you explain away their actions and behaviour?

They seem to deliberately stir up shit - which up to know quite frankly has done far more harm than good - and not even been anyway close to the truth.

The ST's media arm seems to be the LoV with direct links with Steering Group members - one of them closely linked even posted this today.

Now I hate to feed a 'click' site which is what LoV is but please read this and perhaps you can start to understand a bit about my long term unease about the hidden agenda of many people intimately involved with the ST

Owners power struggle crisis -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you really think there is a crisis when today of all days we have secured our next manager - by buying out his exiting contract - and no doubt appointing the whole of his backroom team too?

I don't hate the ST, all I've been trying to do is to open peoples eyes to them - and I think the penny is beginning to drop with many people now.

Shame it is too late and the Steering Group members will almost certainly be voted in en masse to carry on in this ceaseless battle to discredit the owners just to get their hands on the club.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
[size=16][size=16][size=26]BWFCST's Response To BWFC Owners Regarding Academy Funding
Meetings Held
As a result of the recent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the great amount of support from the BWFCST members to look at levels of funding for the BWFC Academy, we have been in contact and held separate meetings with both Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson.
In the meeting with Ken Anderson on 02 June 2016, we were asked to report on the Trust’s ability and appetite for immediate investment in the Academy, principally to assist the Club in retaining Category 2 status.
Proposed Feasibility
Due to the short timescales involved, this is not possible, but what we have asked the owners to consider is to allow us to initiate a feasibility study looking at the longer term purpose, structure and funding of the Academy. As part of this exercise, we will require to have sight of a funded business plan from the Club. This will be required as it will be necessary to carry out a due diligence and reporting exercise prior to looking at raising any associated investment.
In line with Ken Anderson’s request for an urgent reply to their funding enquiry, we have written to both owners and identified that the BWFCST cannot commit to immediate investment, but would wish to look at the initiation of a feasibility study looking at the longer term Academy situation. This study would also include an assessment of how the wider Bolton community could become involved in the structuring of the Academy, in line with the community ethos of the Supporters’ Trust.
Further Information
Our letter to the club was forwarded on 07 June 2016 and we are awaiting a response. When we are in receipt of a reply, we will make available to members our communication in full.

[/size][/size][/size]

Where does it say they refuse to fund the Academy? Unless I'm reading this wrong, the ST are saying they would like to check the feasibility of funding the Academy which is absolutely the sensible thing to do. 

You might as well have made the headline "BWFC refuse to accept ST's money" if you're going to make stuff up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've not made anything up, it is all there in black and white - but don't let the facts get in the way of your character assassination attempt.

Rolling Eyes

karlypants wrote:Wanderers are giving serious consideration to downgrading their academy status to category three as part of their cost-cutting drive.

No firm decision has been reached and Wanderers are working with the Football League before filing the relevant paperwork at the end of July.

boltonbonce wrote:

[size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16][size=26]BWFCST's Response To BWFC Owners Regarding Academy Funding
Meetings Held
As a result of the recent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the great amount of support from the BWFCST members to look at levels of funding for the BWFC Academy, we have been in contact and held separate meetings with both Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson.
Proposed Feasibility
Further Information

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read it again and it still says that it is not possible to provide immediate investment but they'd like to check feasibility - nothing about refusing to help.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i may be imaging it, but i don't remember the original title saying they refuse to help the academy, has it been amended?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i may be imaging it, but i don't remember the original title saying they refuse to help the academy, has it been amended?

Yeah

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Just read it again and it still says that it is not possible to provide immediate investment but they'd like to check feasibility - nothing about refusing to help.

Correct and the Lifeline have been witholding monies since the financial problems came to light last year.
An amount of money went into to Euxton,  wonder if that got refunded?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You read it again mate.

Anderson asked could the ST for IMMEADIATE investment - the academy deadline decision having to be made before the end of July.

The ST wrote back saying they COULD NOT COMMIT TO IMMEADIATE INVESTMENT.

Not that they hadn't got the money, or for the sake of the academy they would explore urgent means of doing so - they said NO - even though that may lead to the further down grade of the academy and the almost certain loss of jobs for amongst others Jimmy Phillips and David Lee.

Their own survey amongst its members even gave them an overwhelming mandate (85%) to seek involvement with the clubs academy too!

Seems to me they are far to involved with their own agenda than anything else!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:i may be imaging it, but i don't remember the original title saying they refuse to help the academy, has it been amended?

This was the original thread from which this letter was posted on - I've simply taken out the letter and given it its own thread so more people will see it.

(I do this sort of thing all the time and not just in this one instance before people start).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They seem to have a belief that the club should hand over all their confidential information to them, every statement says that they want detailed financial information from the club before they'll do anything.
They have no right to that information so there is basically an impasse, if KA asked if they were in a position to help the academy then maybe he was partly testing the waters as to their desire to help the club. Well that is clearly a test they have failed miserably, what started off as a great idea in principal has rapidly become an embarrassment as more and more it becomes less about the club and more about a bunch of jumped up pricks.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:They seem to have a belief that the club should hand over all their confidential information to them, every statement says that they want detailed financial information from the club before they'll do anything.
Who wouldn't?

They'd be crazy to raise and hand over say a million quid if the club was heading for bankruptcy or that the current owners are looking to offload the business in the near future. 

All the goodwill and money would be wasted.

Plus this isn't even a loan to the club (and anyone offering a loan would definitely want to see the books) This is apparently a gift, so all the more reason that the ST would want to ensure that it goes to the club and not to line the current owners' pockets or to the taxman.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You read it again mate.

Anderson asked could the ST for IMMEADIATE investment - the academy deadline decision having to be made before the end of July.

The ST wrote back saying they COULD NOT COMMIT TO IMMEADIATE INVESTMENT.
What's that got to do with it? 
I can't commit to immediate investment but that doesn't mean that I refuse to help or that I won't invest in the future. 
It is a very misleading and strongly weighted emotive headline that doesn't reflect the truth of the situation and you know it Sluff.

I am not a supporter of the ST and I'm not having a go at you here but I do think this is both inaccurate and unfair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum