Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seems the Labour Party is imploding

+16
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Norpig
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
wessy
Soul Kitchen
Cajunboy
whatsgoingon
karlypants
gloswhite
boltonbonce
xmiles
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

21Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 18:39

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

whatsgoingon wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Like Labour, its the MP's who don't want him, although he's still hugely popular with the party members. Although I like him, I think he will miss out on being PM.
When you say you like him glos do you mean as a politician or just for comedy value
To be honest, I can't recall any of his great political successes, so it'll have to be on his persona, (cheerful outlook rather than comedy value Very Happy )

22Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 18:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cajunboy wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Although I'm not Labour, I think its regrettable that they have decided to pull themselves apart at such a time, especially as the experts believe he will survive and remain as leader. I can understand Cameron going, (although he should have steadied the ship before doing so), but there is no logical reason for Labour to do this. There is a political advantage to be made, (as well as showing Europe its not all chaos), instead they shoot themselves in the foot, whilst further alienating their party members.
 There was no time to steady the ship, he has done the right thing.

The House of Commons recess starts on the 21st July, they need to move quickly to get the new leader in place sometime in September.
I agree he did the right thing, but we, and Europe need(ed) him to tell us how things were going to shape up over the next week or so, and at least give the impression that the country as a whole is still a viable concern. Something like Carney did,

Both the Prime Minister and Chancellor have behaved abominably, walking out like spoilt kids, without any consideration of the consequences to the country.

23Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boy George and Camoron are both a pair of odious twats however I don't think it's reasonable to expect a person to implement something they don't believe in. Corbyn would have been more interested in doing it because I wouldn't be surprised if the limp lettuce voted to leave?
Osborne is under his stone at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if he's a front runner for PM, and his Brexit face emerges.
For sure the working folk are going to take some more shafting.

24Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Although I'm not Labour, I think its regrettable that they have decided to pull themselves apart at such a time, especially as the experts believe he will survive and remain as leader. I can understand Cameron going, (although he should have steadied the ship before doing so), but there is no logical reason for Labour to do this. There is a political advantage to be made, (as well as showing Europe its not all chaos), instead they shoot themselves in the foot, whilst further alienating their party members.
 There was no time to steady the ship, he has done the right thing.

The House of Commons recess starts on the 21st July, they need to move quickly to get the new leader in place sometime in September.
I agree he did the right thing, but we, and Europe need(ed) him to tell us how things were going to shape up over the next week or so, and at least give the impression that the country as a whole is still a viable concern. Something like Carney did,

Both the Prime Minister and Chancellor have behaved abominably, walking out like spoilt kids, without any consideration of the consequences to the country.
Yes,   on reflection I agree that we needed the Carney approach, especially from the Chancellor.

25Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Osborne ended his own career when he threatened the country with an emergency budget, when 61 politicians said they would stop him. He's one arrogant tosser I'll be glad to see the back of.

26Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, it was an idiotic comment by Osborne.

He's toast now.

27Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Theresa May has played a very clever hand through the last few weeks, making some very articulate and intelligent speeches.

I wonder if she might make a better leader than Boris and be able to pull the party together?

I don't see him as a leader , more as a loose cannon.

Not sure if he is tough enough  for the job.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:20; edited 1 time in total

28Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:18

My money's on May for Tory leader, they'll want someone more middle of the road than Boris - he'll polarise opinion now.

29Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 19:48

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Osborne a goner and will join Cameron, I think the MP's have nothing to lose, they know as most do that JC cannot in anyway win an election, therefore with the possibility of an election due to the stupidity of Cameron and his failed gamble. The Labour party need a credible alternative hence they have to bring him down. The hope that enough of the members who (unbelievably) thought he was the answer will now realise that he cannot deliver.

Labour, and I am card carrying member, are fighting not only for the hope to govern again but more worrying being superceded as the main opposition party. 

With Scotland lost, and the Northern heartland under threat, how anyone who once supported the Labour party can move to UKIP is beyond me, they represent everything i hate about the Tory party but farther to the right.

30Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cajunboy wrote:Theresa May has played a very clever hand through the last few weeks, making some very articulate and intelligent speeches.

I wonder if she might make a better leader than Boris and be able to pull the party together?

I don't see him as a leader , more as a loose cannon.

Not sure if he is tough enough  for the job.

She not only kept in the background but stepped forward just before the referendum itself, stating that regardless of the outcome, the government should have an in-depth look at the immigration issue. Nicely placing herself in the middle of the arguments going on around her, and making herself the most attractive to both sides. Clever lady, and probably more in control than Boris would be.

31Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's a bit odd we are discussing who is likely to lead the Tories in a thread about the Labour party.

Can we please get back to abusing that hypocritical dishonest apology for a leader Corbyn.

32Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good point.
I believe he's a genuine and honest man, to his own ideals, but certainly not one I would expect to provide the lead for a strong opposition. If I was being honest myself, I think he's a numpty, in the wrong job. Very Happy  He's now managed to lose 11 of his Cabinet, which I'm sure is a record.

33Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Like Labour, its the MP's who don't want him, although he's still hugely popular with the party members. Although I like him, I think he will miss out on being PM.

I think Boris is a shoe-in for the PM job. He's the most popular candidate by a mile amongst the rank and file Tory members. Teresa May? Seriously? She nailed her colours to the Remain mast but did little in the way of campaigning. Boris will have a decent hardcore in his new cabinet. Liam Fox being a Doctor would be obvious choice for health minister. Gove could be Home secretary with IDS as Foreign Secretary. I expect George Osbourne, Jeremy Hunt and Teresa May to be shown the door.

34Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:It's all a big worry.

Will we still be allowed to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest?

Will I still be able to get parts for my Mercedes?

Yes and yes.

35Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris is toast as far as the top job is concerned. The knives are already out within his own party.

Scores are about to be settled.

36Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:My money's on May for Tory leader, they'll want someone more middle of the road than Boris - he'll polarise opinion now.

She has a lot of enemies within Westminster. She tried to keep her head down doing the referendum campaign and I hope it goes against her when it comes to the leadership battle. Personally, I don't like her patronising tone. As Home Secretary she dropped an absolute bollock handing the security contract for the London Olympics to G4S who made an absolute dogs breakfast of running security for the event. So much so..that squaddies had to be drafted in as well as the Met Police having all leave cancelled to make up for the shortfall in G4S staff.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:49; edited 1 time in total

37Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:49

boltonbonce wrote:Boris is toast as far as the top job is concerned. The knives are already out within his own party.

Agreed, the lies Boris told throughout the campaign have turned too many against him.

38Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Many think he was disloyal to Cameron and are ready to put the boot in. He is a shoo-in for the majority, but he has to get past the party members first. When people like Tebbit say he's good at the funny stuff, but not the serious, then you can see he's pissing into the wind.

39Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Boris is toast as far as the top job is concerned. The knives are already out within his own party.

Agreed, the lies Boris told throughout the campaign have turned too many against him.

Lies??? Jeezuss H Chroist..... both sides told a few porkies if truth be told. It's the nature of politics. 

Let's wait and see. Personally, If I was a betting man, which I am, my money will be on Boris getting the nod, providing he throws his hat in the ring and declares his interest.

40Seems the Labour Party is imploding - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems the Labour Party is imploding Sun Jun 26 2016, 20:58

Both sides ran disgraceful campaigns, based on scare stories and stoking up fear (That's how Conservative campaigns go), I said the exact same from the start and my vote to remain was no endorsement of Cameron and his stories.

But I don't understand your reaction, Boris was horrendous throughout. This was about his career and little else. Or are you about to tell me we do send £350 million a week to the EU?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum