Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest Wheeze from the ST

+15
Fabians Right Peg
Kane57
Norpig
karlypants
JAH
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Sluffy
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Sep 28 2016, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Motions put forward for tomorrows very first AGM in the Platinum Suite (7.30pm 29th Sept 16)

BWFCST AGM – Motions for Debate 

Motion No 1  

“The Trust should retain a key objective of independence and holding the owners and board to account. The Trust must not accept any inducements or privileges from the club or its affiliates. Therefore, the Trust should move it's office and administration away from Club premises forthwith”  
Proposed by: Phil Shortland Seconded by: Simon Nightingale   

Motion No 2  

“That The Trust AGM is held at a time which is linked to a home fixture, either on the day preceding, on the day of or following a match”.  

Motion No 3  

“Whilst welcoming an opportunity to hear and question the club owner / Chairman, the trust should not invite the chairman to meetings where trust business is being discussed or decided”.  

Motion No 4 

“I propose that further nominations be invited to increase the BWFCST board to a minimum of 10 members, rather than the current five. I believe that the original timing of the process during the closed season, the seemingly limiting published criteria for said nominations, as well as the fact that the Steering Group Committee failed to follow their stated intention of not standing for election, meant many members lacked any faith in the process and, to some extent, in the trust itself, thus leading to a low number of candidates. (Most, if not, all were members of the original ‘Steering Group’) Furthermore, to ensure transparency and trust in the board any co-opted members be subject to inclusion in said nomination process to maintain their position. Further still that applications from young, female and ethnic minority candidates be encouraged, given the current make-up of the board so far”.  
  Proposed by: Simon Nightingale Seconded by: Gavin Clements & Phil Shortland

• Doors Open 7pm

• All Members welcome, please get your free ticket here[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Please bring along your membership card to gain access 
  • Non-members can join on the night
  • Refreshments and pay-bar available

102The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 06:25

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

anyone going?

103The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not me, but i agree with the motions in general apart fro no3. 
How can they expect an open and friendly dialogue with the club and KA if they don't allow someone from the club to take part? If it was the other way round the ST would be the first to complain.

104The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 09:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:anyone going?

Sluffy's picking me up at 6.45pm.

105The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 09:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Make sure you are ready on time.

Put your make up on in the car if you have to.

106The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 09:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

don't forget the rags for the molotov cocktails, Sluffy has the petrol and milk bottles already sorted

107The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 10:39

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

don't forget the rags for the molotov cocktails, Sluffy has the petrol and milk bottles already sorted
Laughing

108The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 11:20

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Oh I didn't know there were cocktails I might nip down

109The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 11:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wonder if horses doofers will be laid on for such august attendees ?  Very Happy

110The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 11:27

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:I wonder if horses doofers will be laid on for such august attendees ?  Very Happy
You would think so, certainly a range of canopies

111The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 12:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Could we term that 'dry humour' Very Happy ?

112The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 12:44

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Could we term that 'dry humour' Very Happy ?
Yes I've led a very sheltered life

113The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 15:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'll think of something, in due course  Very Happy

114The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 16:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
“Whilst welcoming an opportunity to hear and question the club owner / Chairman, the trust should not invite the chairman to meetings where trust business is being discussed or decided”.  

Ken Anderson has notified the ST that he will no longer be attending the meeting.

115The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 17:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting read.

116The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 17:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair and balanced piece. We'll probably learn more when it comes time for members to renew their subscriptions.
How many will?

117The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 18:19

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Speaking for meself, I joined because the club was on it's knees and in a mess. I wanted to do my bit, like some other fans did. The ST model was a good one, so I coughed up a tenner.

Things have changed. The club has new owners and the finances look in order. I'm not concerned anymore.

Since it's inception, I've thought that membership numbers were too low. The ST needed at least 10,000 members imo.
This low uptake, coupled with the fact that no-one wanted to steer the ship has meant that it is onto a loser.

The legends match was great, don't care about the app. 

Don't know the people on the committee but would like to thank em for giving up their time to get the thing going.

If nobody else gets involved in the ST, it's inevitably doomed.

118The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 18:56

King Bill wrote:Speaking for meself, I joined because the club was on it's knees and in a mess. I wanted to do my bit, like some other fans did. The ST model was a good one, so I coughed up a tenner.

Things have changed. The club has new owners and the finances look in order. I'm not concerned anymore.

Since it's inception, I've thought that membership numbers were too low. The ST needed at least 10,000 members imo.
This low uptake, coupled with the fact that no-one wanted to steer the ship has meant that it is onto a loser.

The legends match was great, don't care about the app. 

Don't know the people on the committee but would like to thank em for giving up their time to get the thing going.

If nobody else gets involved in the ST, it's inevitably doomed.

My thoughts exactly, nice idea and necessary at the time. But pointless without significant membership.

119The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 19:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy didn't turn up so I'm going to miss the AGM.

He's probably blown himself up.

120The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 6 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Sep 29 2016, 19:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum