Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest Wheeze from the ST

+15
Fabians Right Peg
Kane57
Norpig
karlypants
JAH
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Sluffy
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

81The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Fri Aug 05 2016, 18:21

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:We all know Sluffy's view of the ST,yet he feels the need to start a thread based on the earth shaking news of the ST's creation of an app!
God help us if they come up with a lapel badge.

Why don't you for once concentrate on the content of the thread (which incidentally was started nearly a week ago now - as well you know!) and not the person who started it?

Does the ST's creation of a marketing app "supporting the business that support the club" have anything at all to do with representing the fans to the club, which they claim is their reason for being?

Not in the slightest is my opinion.

Is it in yours?

Why don't you add to the discussion instead of continually sniping at the author?

The apps clearly a vehicle to create more revenue (not a great one let's face it). As the fans have lost interest they've realised that renewals will crash this time next year and they'll need something new to remain relevant.

Certainly not something to get annoyed about.

82The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 18:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

83The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:22

Not sure if this is a cookies thing or not but when I clicked on that link, the main article is about whether or not you're a secret eater.

(I'm not, by the way.)

84The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Not sure if this is a cookies thing or not but when I clicked on that link, the main article is about whether or not you're a secret eater.

(I'm not, by the way.)
It was the Monday Football hour. Ian Bridge and Maggie Tetlow were on.

Only had time to put the link up,due to a family visit,so I've no idea what was said.

Maybe someone else listened.

Sluffy?

85The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can imagine Sluffy screaming at the radio while listening to it  Very Happy

86The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:31

I listened

Basically ian bridge was sat in a chair stroking a bald pussy demanding the club from ken anderson and one million dollars in unmarked ten pences or he would make sure we signed rob earnshaw and put his transexual gf tash in charge of day to day physio of mark davies and zach clough.

87The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i can imagine Sluffy screaming at the radio while listening to it 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very Happy

88The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Mon Aug 08 2016, 19:45

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The ST were advertising their Facebook page on Twitter, the dirty rotten thieving gypsey bastards

89The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Tue Aug 09 2016, 23:15

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:i can imagine Sluffy screaming at the radio while listening to it  Very Happy

Laughing

90The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:09

Ok soon as no one else is posting it

Heres the latest

[size=33]The newly installed board would like to update the membership on recent developments.[/size]

Date for AGM

[size=33]We would like to confirm that our first AGM will be held on Thursday 25th August 2016. Arrangements are currently being finalised but we would like members to save the date in their diaries. Further details will be announced very soon and we hope as many members as possible will be able to attend to meet us in person and share views.[/size]

Members Packs

[size=33]Members packs containing membership cards and share certificates will be issued in the very near future.
Surveys[/size]
[size=33]We have found your communications to us through online surveys to be very helpful and, whilst there is no substitute for direct communication, we will continue to sample the opinion of the membership on what concerns you about the club and what improvements you would like to see. Armed with such information and the depth of our membership we hope to persuade the club to listen to the fan’s voice. Please continue to use the surveys and thank you for your help so far.[/size]

Evolution

[size=33]It is the intention of the BWFCST board to continue to monitor events at BWFC. We intend to be in a position to react to any future changes at the club and to contribute constructively in whatever manner possible for the benefit of BWFC. The BWFCST’s purpose is to act as a voice for the loyal BWFC supporters to ensure the stability and sustainability of the club in the short, medium and long term.[/size]
[size=33]The history of BWFC ownership has been one of the most stable in the league over the years. Owners will, no doubt, come and go in the future and this is the modern reality of football club ownership. It is the intention of the BWFCST board to ensure that the supporters have as large a say as possible in our club’s governance in the days, months and years to come.[/size]
[size=33]The establishment of the BWFCST will be a long term project. We hope that a steadily increasing membership will play as big a part as possible in this project and we undertake to utilise membership surveys, meetings, board working groups and dedicated focus groups to ensure that all members have the greatest opportunity available to become involved. If you wish to contribute please contact any member of the board on the email addresses displayed on the web site.[/size]

Thank You

[size=33]We thank all members and those associated in moving the BWFCST from an idea in principle in January to where we are at the end of July. At the start of the new season we all share the same hopes for progress to be made in improving our club and are optimistic that Phil Parkinson, given the right backing, will bring success. We thank you sincerely for your support and encouragement to date and let’s keep working together for the greater good of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.[/size]
[size=33]Come on you Whites![/size]
[size=33]BWFCST Board[/size]
And then this from mr Kane57

[size=37]Recent Events & the Future of Lion of Vienna Suite[/size]

[size=33]Apologies for the serious title, but I wanted to make a serious post for once.[/size]
[size=33]As the editor of this fine website, I am happy to receive any praise that comes our way and equally happy to face any grief that we get.[/size]

[size=33]In light of recent events and recent criticism of our approach, I've decided that we are going to have a change here at Lion of Vienna Suite Towers.[/size]
[size=33]Without doubt we have, in good faith, at times published stories based on weaker evidence presented to us by various sources. Moving forward, we will only be doing this when we are 100% confident in the origin of the reports. We appreciate that mistakes have been made. We are excitable people, and not professionals, at the end of the day.[/size]
[size=33]This was all in good faith and actions we believed were for the greater good, as at Lion of Vienna we feel we have a unique responsibility to the Bolton Wanderers fans. It must be acknowledged that there is a profound difference between the sort of story that we can run and that an entity such as the Bolton News cannot - for political reasons.[/size]
[size=33]Unfortunately for Bolton Wanderers fans, there is a world that exists behind what is presented to the public; we have tried to bring that to you. At times we do accept that we have jumped the gun and posted without fully checking and confirming what we have been told. The desire to get this news out to Bolton Wanderers fans comes from our own inherent curiosity and love for the club. Moving forward, we will ensure that a greater amount discretion is used.[/size]
[size=33]We 100% trust our sources and would never betray their identities to those who wish to discover them. While we truly believe every piece of information we received from them was, at least at one point, true, not everything can stay thus when the environment at our club is constantly changing, so things often appear to be incorrect to the public.[/size]

[size=33]Quite recently, our site has been accused, by various quarters, of trying to 'destabilise' the club. We vehemently refute these claims. We are all die-hard supporters and want the club to thrive.[/size]
[size=33]On a surprising note, we have also been accused of being puppets of both the Supporters Trust and of Sports Shield - two organisations with very different corporate strategies. Whilst some of our contributors are members of the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust, others are not. Our direct connection ended when one of our contributors left the Trust's social media team some months ago.[/size]
[size=33]When the recent takeover of the club was ongoing, we had information passed to us from both sides in an effort to help differing parties make progress in their bids to buy the club. As a site, we chose to support Sports Shield as we believed in their approach and their ideas about how to move the club forward. Since the buyout we have had Dean Holdsworth on our podcast. The Lion of Vienna Suite has had no contact at all with Sports Shield since 22nd February.[/size]
[size=33]As for the future of the Lion of Vienna Suite, we are hoping to move away from being described in colourful terms as 'clickbait dickheads' and back to being the best Bolton Wanderers blog in town.[/size]
[size=33]If we hear anything in the future that we feel you, a Bolton Wanderers supporter, NEEDS to know, we will debate it with every member of our team and decide on whether we publish it. In the meantime, we won't be as gungho with our stories because we’re not professionals and we really can’t be bothered with the backlash we receive for trying to bring information to a fanbase that has so long been shrouded in lies.[/size]
[size=33]As Managing Editor, I am hopeful that you, the readers, will appreciate these efforts and notice a change in the coming days and weeks. At the end of the day, we are just a group of fans who love to talk and write about our club.[/size]
[size=33]COYWM.[/size]
[size=33]Chris Manning[/size]
[size=33]Managing Editor[/size]
[size=33]The Lion of Vienna Suite[/size]

91The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice one Johnny.

92The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

93The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:17

What have i done now

94The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:20

Come on.  Throw me a bone!!!!

95The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Come on.  Throw me a bone!!!!
Another thread ruined by gay sex...

Very Happy

96The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:28

:rofl:

Ive not said anything bad about either.  And i only posted the lov announcement as i think a lot of the criticism he cites may have actually come from here.

Ive had a bit of to and fro with "kane" but ive never actually minded him (well more recently) and as lov is like a "blog" surely discussing rumours, even if it doesnt come to fruition" is what it is for!

Also, ive seen your online kane, point me in the right direction (other than iles tweet) about the jay spearing fee.   I still dont believe you Wink

Last edited by y2johnny on Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:29; edited 1 time in total

97The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's get off this subject and talk about something decent. 
As a keen amateur astromomer KP,I'm very much looking forward to seeing Uranus tonight.
Hope the rain keeps off.

98The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:30

Need a strong mind to discuss kps anus.  (Or is that a strong stomach?)

99The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Wed Aug 10 2016, 22:50

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Need a strong mind to discuss kps anus.  (Or is that a strong stomach?)
Must be a strong stomach because bonceys weak minded

100The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 5 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Thu Aug 11 2016, 05:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum