Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit - A new twist!

+20
boltonbonce
wessy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Chairmanda
okocha
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
karlypants
NickFazer
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
gloswhite
Bread2.0
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

151Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Nov 08 2016, 17:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Just because people vote for something doesn't make it right.

This isn't about right or wrong, it's about the rules.

We had a referendum, the public voted, and now we should all move on.

Whinging about something every day won't stop it happening.

152Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Nov 08 2016, 17:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Awful example, are you saying that you've never broken up with somebody and then stated them afterwards? We all remember Mavies and Nuggy. 

And that's the point why can't anybody express an opinion without being told to shut up? It's absolutely pathetic.

Ok, try this one.

Every day of your life your girlfriend complains about the (small) size of your knob. Every single day to anyone that will listen.

It's her right to express that opinion, but won't you tire of hearing it? Your penis is small, you get it.

153Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Nov 08 2016, 17:29

Still some way off, try this - 

Your boyfriend hacks off half his penis because a couple of TV personality politicians had been telling people that if they did so their lives would be infinitely more prosperous and the only thing that had been holding them back from this fantastic life was that half of their penis.

He keeps protesting how good a thing it was to do, would you stop trying to tell him why you think it isn't less than 6 months after?

154Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Nov 08 2016, 17:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

We had a referendum, the public voted, and now we should all move on.

Whinging about something every day won't stop it happening.
Unfortunately it would appear your hero Call Me Dave failed to clarify the rules properly!?

155Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Nov 08 2016, 17:51

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Awful example, are you saying that you've never broken up with somebody and then stated them afterwards? We all remember Mavies and Nuggy. 

And that's the point why can't anybody express an opinion without being told to shut up? It's absolutely patheour knob. Every single day to anyone that will listen.

Your penis is small, you get it.

It's not the size of the nail that matters, it's the hammer that bangs it in!! Thought you'd know that? Laughing

156Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Nov 08 2016, 18:32

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

The Court case is about the rules as we will see on 5 December.

157Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Fri Nov 11 2016, 14:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just for the record i agree with the three Musketeers. It is the rule of law end of.

The fact that Cameron didn't realise that he didn't have the power to offer to leave, says more about this government than anything else.  The MP's will agree with the referendum decision it is political suicide do do anything else, so just get it done then we can all suffer in piece. 

16 million got it right 17 million got it wrong so be it.

158Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Jan 24 2017, 17:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Supreme Court slaps May down ruling that Parliament should vote on what kind of Brexit we are going to get:

• The Supreme Court has ruled that the government cannot begin the formal process of leaving the European Union without a vote in Parliament. 

• Ministers had appealed against an earlier High Court decision, arguing that they already had the authority to trigger Article 50. The businesswoman Gina Millar - who led the legal challenge against the government - said the ruling meant that MPs would rightfully have a say on Brexit. 

• The government has promised draft legislation within days and Brexit Secretary David Davis spent the best part of two hours being quizzed by 84 MPs about the proposals.

• He said today's ruling would not derail the government's plans to trigger Article 50 before the end of March. And he was forced to bat away umpteen requests from all sides to publish a white paper giving further details on its plans.

• Labour has said it won't frustrate the process - but wants MPs to vote on the deal the government agrees with the EU - before it is signed off.

• But the party's former home secretary David Blunkett warned the Lords not to end up in a head-to-head confrontation with the British public by trying to block the Article 50 bill

• Meanwhile, Scotland's First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has said she is "disappointed" that the Supreme Court ruled that ministers do not need to consult the devolved administrations before triggering Article 50.

• Ms Sturgeon said it showed the devolution settlement was "not worth the paper it was written on". The Welsh government said it welcomed today's judgement - adding it was vital that Theresa May reflected the interests of Wales in her Brexit negotiations.

159Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Tue Jan 24 2017, 17:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My view is that the Government will continue to argue that they cannot release details for Parliament to vote on as it may impact on the negotiations - but they now may have to.
I don't think they'll go for a straight "Article 50 yes or no" question unless Jezza promises to go for the party whip as they know they'll lose so it's going to be fun and games and how this will pan out is a mystery to me.

160Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 10:38

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh dear.....

http://news.sky.com/story/it-will-take-years-for-brits-to-fill-low-skilled-eu-migrant-jobs-says-brexit-secretary-10777345

Now far be it from me to be a smug bastard, but I did say this nearly a year ago when I predicted that a Leave vote would mean an eventual hike in the price of loaves of bread and tins of beans.

And it sort of begs the question: If we're still going to let low-skilled workers come in from Europe, what was the fucking point of it all?

Interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who voted Leave because they wanted to "take back control of our borders".

Thanks.

161Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 10:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Don't hold your breath Bread.

162Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it will take more than a few years as the jobless scrotes in this country who see being on the dole as a privilege will think doing these types of jobs are beneath them and will find a way to carry on skiving

163Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Now far be it from me to be a smug bastard, but I did say this nearly a year ago when I predicted that a Leave vote would mean an eventual hike in the price of loaves of bread and tins of beans.

I don't like beans.

164Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Now far be it from me to be a smug bastard, but I did say this nearly a year ago when I predicted that a Leave vote would mean an eventual hike in the price of loaves of bread and tins of beans.

I don't like beans.
Very wise.

We can't have it spouting from both ends. Razz

165Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Very wise.

We can't have it spouting from both ends. Razz

:trust:

166Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't like beans.
Don't knock it - beans are set to be our new currency.

167Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Still think we are all having to guess what the final impact of Brexit will be. Basically, no one can be sure at this stage. "In or out" was always a ridiculous question to ask. (Thanks, Dave!) Experts were as much in the dark as laymen and women. Many dire predictions about the immediate aftermath of the referendum result have not come to pass.

I did like this riposte to remainers on the BBC website today:- 

Why do we never hear M.P.’s and H.O.L.’s peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.

168Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread's boat dream is more important though.

169Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:16

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bread's boat dream is more important though.

Sadly the place we've just bought in Spain doesn't have room for a boat on the drive and the nearest marina charges £100 a month to berth a boat so the boat dream's (temporarily) dead.

I am a bit gutted if I'm honest.

170Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could do with a week away. Will Mrs B mind?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum