Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit - A new twist!

+20
boltonbonce
wessy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Chairmanda
okocha
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
karlypants
NickFazer
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
gloswhite
Bread2.0
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 14]

161Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 10:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Don't hold your breath Bread.

162Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it will take more than a few years as the jobless scrotes in this country who see being on the dole as a privilege will think doing these types of jobs are beneath them and will find a way to carry on skiving

163Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Now far be it from me to be a smug bastard, but I did say this nearly a year ago when I predicted that a Leave vote would mean an eventual hike in the price of loaves of bread and tins of beans.

I don't like beans.

164Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Now far be it from me to be a smug bastard, but I did say this nearly a year ago when I predicted that a Leave vote would mean an eventual hike in the price of loaves of bread and tins of beans.

I don't like beans.
Very wise.

We can't have it spouting from both ends. Razz

165Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Very wise.

We can't have it spouting from both ends. Razz

:trust:

166Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't like beans.
Don't knock it - beans are set to be our new currency.

167Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Still think we are all having to guess what the final impact of Brexit will be. Basically, no one can be sure at this stage. "In or out" was always a ridiculous question to ask. (Thanks, Dave!) Experts were as much in the dark as laymen and women. Many dire predictions about the immediate aftermath of the referendum result have not come to pass.

I did like this riposte to remainers on the BBC website today:- 

Why do we never hear M.P.’s and H.O.L.’s peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.

168Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread's boat dream is more important though.

169Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:16

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Bread's boat dream is more important though.

Sadly the place we've just bought in Spain doesn't have room for a boat on the drive and the nearest marina charges £100 a month to berth a boat so the boat dream's (temporarily) dead.

I am a bit gutted if I'm honest.

170Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could do with a week away. Will Mrs B mind?

171Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not if you leave her make-up alone and don't touch her shoes.

I learnt that the hard way.

172Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Still think we are all having to guess what the final impact of Brexit will be. Basically, no one can be sure at this stage. "In or out" was always a ridiculous question to ask. (Thanks, Dave!) Experts were as much in the dark as laymen and women. Many dire predictions about the immediate aftermath of the referendum result have not come to pass.

I did like this riposte to remainers on the BBC website today:- 

Why do we never hear M.P.’s and H.O.L.’s peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.
All the "experts" can say is the likely impact of market trends. They can't say exactly to what extent or even when x or y might happen.

E.g. if you smoke 40 a day you are more likely to get cancer.
I used to smoke and I haven't got cancer - yet. And if I do, it might not entirely be due to the smoking. But it doesn't mean they are wrong because statistically it has been proven they are right and a lot of smokers will die prematurely.

So all this nonsense about the "experts" being right or wrong is pure speculation and only time will tell if their fears about leaving the EU were justified.

All I know is that since the referendum, petrol has gone up by 15p a litre, the shopping is £30 a week more and the rising cost of holidays is putting me off for now. In the scheme of things I can manage because I'm financially comfortableish but my worry is for one of my sons who has schizophrenia and is trying to live independently but is about to lose his support as part of the Government cutbacks. As always, it's the poor and the less able who will suffer most as a result of this decision. How much they'll suffer is what nobody knows for now so it's pointless speculating about it but I'm glad I'm not in a poorly paid job or on benefits.

173Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:39

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know I keep banging on about this but our food factories are ram-packed full of eastern European cheap labour and if that tap gets turned off, prices will have to go up to compensate for the wage rise necessary to attract "domestic" workers.

It's basic economics.

Or......

The government will finally have to get "tough" on benefit claimants in a drastic attempt to get them back to work and plug the gap.

And a lot of innocent people will get hurt in the process.

And prices will still go up to cover the cost of all the upheaval, so it'll be a lot of pain for nothing.

174Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry to hear about your Son Lusty, this is why social care budgets are so important, but always seem to be the first thing to be cut by local councils because of their budget cuts.

175Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:56

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
okocha wrote:Many dire predictions about the immediate aftermath of the referendum result have not come to pass.
So all this nonsense about the "experts" being right or wrong is pure speculation and only time will tell if their fears about leaving the EU were justified.

Osborne, Carney and co. were telling us that armageddon would follow in the first week after a Brexit vote

176Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Wed Feb 22 2017, 16:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
All I know is that since the referendum, petrol has gone up by 15p a litre, the shopping is £30 a week more and the rising cost of holidays is putting me off for now.

This is the problem, people just make shit up and blame it on Brexit.

Petrol was rising long before Brexit, in fact it's only gone up about 3% since Brexit.

My weekly shop is virtually the same as it's always been. You must buy 50 iceberg lettuces every week to have a 30% rise.

177Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Feb 23 2017, 10:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
All I know is that since the referendum, petrol has gone up by 15p a litre, the shopping is £30 a week more and the rising cost of holidays is putting me off for now.

This is the problem, people just make shit up and blame it on Brexit.
People?

You mean people like the Government?

178Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Feb 23 2017, 11:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
okocha wrote:Many dire predictions about the immediate aftermath of the referendum result have not come to pass.

Osborne, Carney and co. were telling us that armageddon would follow in the first week after a Brexit vote

Show me where either of them said that "armageddon" (I assume you are quoting some fake news tabloid rag for that wording?) would definitely happen?

Show me where either of them actually gave a definite timescale for the impact of the trends to fully kick in?

What they and others actually said was that leaving the EU could lead to inflation, unemployment and recession. Here.

Fortunately for us, Carney took some bold steps to head off the immediate threat of the devaluation of the pound which he couldn't prevent completely. And everything he said is coming true so far, but you seem to be confusing his comments on the early impact of the markets (which happened and he predicted correctly) and the impact of Brexit which hasn't happened yet.

179Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Feb 23 2017, 15:16

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What they and others actually said was that leaving the EU could lead to inflation, unemployment and recession.

And they leavers said that the NHS could receive up to 350M did they not ?  (lets not go down this road again)  Very Happy

180Brexit - A new twist! - Page 9 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Feb 23 2017, 16:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:What they and others actually said was that leaving the EU could lead to inflation, unemployment and recession.

And they leavers said that the NHS could receive up to 350M did they not ?  (lets not go down this road again)  Very Happy

Unfortunately the brexiteers did not say could. They just lied about the £350m. See the actual quotes from them here:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwio55LNy6bSAhWEAcAKHeYnC2sQFggtMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quora.com%2FWhat-exactly-did-the-Leave-proponents-promise-regarding-the-%25C2%25A3350-million-per-week&usg=AFQjCNFQAUbMRWUiJ6O0tJ6oaASgHTAoZw&sig2=RXB51ZUTskzXxXOrStD6Pw

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum