Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chesterfield 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #24

+11
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
bryan458
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's done ok, but he's off in a month or two. Would make more sense to pick the players we own.

Derek is a better player.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do you know there isn't a deal to extend the loan?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was a poor performance but we had to lose sometime and as long as they get back to winning ways on Boxing Day it won't cause too much damage.
Facebook is full of doom merchants because we lost one game, lots of massive overreactions, it's just a blip.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:How do you know there isn't a deal to extend the loan?

He'll still be on loan. All we're doing is putting him in the shop window, it won't benefit us.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:How do you know there isn't a deal to extend the loan?

He'll still be on loan. All we're doing is putting him in the shop window, it won't benefit us.

Loans are usually extended with the option of making it permanent

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:it was a poor performance but we had to lose sometime and as long as they get back to winning ways on Boxing Day it won't cause too much damage.
Facebook is full of doom merchants because we lost one game, lots of massive overreactions, it's just a blip.

Bollocks, I said a few days ago we still look mentally weak away from home, might be our undoing

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T
Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't understand why he picks Thorpe ahead of Derek.

Thorpe will be back off to Rotherham at some point, surely it's better to pick a player we own especially when he's been superb this season.
I think Thorpe is hear for the season and then out of contract, Anderson referred to one that was a transfer turned into a loan because of the embargo.
I think that was the Thorpe one

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just think Derek is a better passer, and when you don't create/score many goals his one killer pass per game could change things.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I just think Derek is a better passer, and when you don't create/score many goals his one killer pass per game could change things.

That we agree on, DERIK is the better player but you don't change a winning side

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I just think Derek is a better passer, and when you don't create/score many goals his one killer pass per game could change things.

That we agree on, DERIK is the better player but you don't change a winning side
I also think Derik is a better all round player and we also won when he was in the side

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:That we agree on, DERIK is the better player but you don't change a winning side

I only do it because I know it bugs you Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cute

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't win 'em all .....but why do we lose to bottom feeders like this.....just what is the point of a double change in the 85th minute.
Chalk this one off then.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Seeing the highlights, Zach Clough doesn't half miss a lot of 1 on 1s, he's missed a load this season.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Can't win 'em all .....but why do we lose to bottom feeders like this.....just what is the point of a double change in the 85th minute.
Chalk this one off then.

They had 11 men behind the the ball as soon as they scored, we didn't have anyone good enough to break them down

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Seeing the highlights, Zach Clough doesn't half miss a lot of 1 on 1s, he's missed a load this season.
I agree he missed a relatively easy one vs Gillingham too, hopefully it's something he can work on in training

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The thing that worries me about this one is complacency because Chesterfield are fighting for survival and our lads are doing well. Providing they are up for it we should win comfortably but they should be in no doubt that Chesterfield will have a proper go.
I don't think PP leaves any room for complacency and the work ethic seems to be there whoever we play, Peterborough aside we have maintained a level of performance.
I'm going 2-0

I love the comment in the Gary Madine article where he says that after coming off after one game with cries of "Fuck off, Madine!" still ringing in his ears, Parky basically pulled him and said "Listen, this lot think you're shit. You can sulk about it or prove them wrong. What's it gonna be?"

No mollycoddling from our Phil it would appear.

And it looks like it's working.
Still think it was complacency that cost us the game.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The thing that worries me about this one is complacency because Chesterfield are fighting for survival and our lads are doing well. Providing they are up for it we should win comfortably but they should be in no doubt that Chesterfield will have a proper go.
I don't think PP leaves any room for complacency and the work ethic seems to be there whoever we play, Peterborough aside we have maintained a level of performance.
I'm going 2-0

I love the comment in the Gary Madine article where he says that after coming off after one game with cries of "Fuck off, Madine!" still ringing in his ears, Parky basically pulled him and said "Listen, this lot think you're shit. You can sulk about it or prove them wrong. What's it gonna be?"

No mollycoddling from our Phil it would appear.

And it looks like it's working.
Still think it was complacency that cost us the game.

You were at the game then?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers, you forget I can see you on the site even though you hide yourself (never understood why someone does that??)

You were on here throughout the game yesterday. I don't think you were in Chesterfield.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Boggers, you forget I can see you on the site even though you hide yourself (never understood why someone does that??)

You were on here throughout the game yesterday. I don't think you were in Chesterfield.

I'm always online as I don't log out.. why would anyone log on and off every time they visit forum?

But thanks for confirming that you also didn't go, join wandy and bread on the sofa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum