Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Palace - Match Report Post #47

+12
Cajunboy
rammywhite
whatsgoingon
Bread2.0
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
karlypants
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:I'm not bothered about the result. All I want is to make sure that key players don't get injured and we don't get any red cards. Keeping the squad fit and together for the promotion push is far more important than this or any other cup game.
Let's face it- we're not going to get anywhere near winning the cup but we might get very near to promotion.
  My thoughts too, plus we sure don't want a draw and therefore a replay.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You negative fuckwits, I want to win the game 6-0 and send out a message that Bolton are on their way back to the top.

I despair of our "fans" at times.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:You negative fuckwits, I want to win the game 6-0 and send out a message that Bolton are on their way back to the top.

But they won't and they're not. So why engender false hope?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:You negative fuckwits, I want to win the game 6-0 and send out a message that Bolton are on their way back to the top.

But they won't and they're not. So why transgender false hope?
no need for that

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

whatsgoingon wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

But they won't and they're not. So why transgender false hope?
no need for that

WGO- that's very naughty.!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More bullery. I'm ringing Stonewall.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good effort, bread

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers, why are you searching for "fat, camp, Bolton man" ?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where do I find his spoken poetry?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Remember earlier today when I was pondering over whether or not now is a good time to ban the internet?

I think that's just sealed the deal.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Remember earlier today when I was pondering over whether or not now is a good time to ban the internet?

But what would you do with yourself, you'd have a spare 24 hours every day.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Crystal Palace

1. Home comforts 
After clinching back-to-back home victories over the festive period against Shrewsbury Town and Scunthorpe United, Wanderers will be chasing an 11th successive victory at Macron Stadium when they host Crystal Palace this weekend!

Conceding just five goals at BL6 during this run, the last time the Whites failed to win at home came back in early October while they have lost just twice on home soil in all competitions this season.

Having reached at least the fourth round every year for the past seven seasons, Bolton will also be looking to maintain this run on Saturday.

But with Premier League opposition standing in their way, Phil Parkinson's men know they will have to be at their best if they are progress in the competition. 

2. Lee Chung-Yong and Sam Allardyce
Saturday's game will see two Trotters fan favourites return to Macron Stadium with the Eagles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] left Wanderers to join Palace in February 2015, having made 195 appearances and scored 20 goals in a five-and-a-half-seasons with the Whites.

Elsewhere, former England manager Sam Allardyce recently took over at Selhurst Park having previously enjoyed his most successful managerial stint with Bolton between 1999 and 2007.

While both will be given a warm reception at BL6 as they return to their former stomping ground, the Trotters will be determined to ensure that they have the final laugh at the duo's expense come the final whistle! 

3. Gaffer's got form
The gaffer has developed quite the taste for a cup run in the past during his time with Bradford City.

He was a Capital One Cup finalist with the Bantams in 2013 having knocked out Premier League trio Arsenal, Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic on their way to Wembley.

Parkinson also led Bradford to the FA Cup quarter-finals in 2015, memorably recovering from 2-0 down to beat eventual Premier League champions Chelsea 4-2 at Stamford Bridge before seeing off top-flight Sunderland.

Will the gaffer be able to oversee another cup upset against Premier League opposition?

4. Max Clayton
Max Clayton proved to be one of the most popular goalscorers of the season when he returned from injury to net a last-minute equaliser against Coventry City on Monday.

The forward has endured an injury-plagued two-and-a-half seasons at Macron Stadium, but has endeared himself to the Club's supporters by showing his quality when fit.

His appearance against the Sky Blues was only his second of the season, and his first in league football since November 2015.

Eager to prove himself between now and the end of the campaign, the former England youth international could now be in line for a first start of the season against Palace on Saturday.

And with Sammy Ameobi's loan spell from Newcastle United coming to an end, Clayton will be hoping to establish himself as one of Wanderers' main attacking threats before May as he looks to put his injury problems of the past behind him.

5. James Henry
Having seen his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], James Henry is another player who will be hoping to impress for the Whites during the second half of the campaign.

The wideman is available for Saturday's clash with the Eagles having seen the relevant paperwork go through just minutes before Friday's 12pm deadline.

And having scored an injury-time winner on his last appearance at Macron Stadium against Scunthorpe United, Henry will be hoping for more of the same when Bolton line up against the Eagles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee Chung-Yong relishing Wanderers reunion

Lee Chung-Yong is looking forward to facing Wanderers in the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday as he prepares to return to Macron Stadium for the first time since his move to Crystal Palace in February 2015.

The South Korean international spent five-and-a-half-seasons with the Whites, making 195 appearances and scoring 20 goals, having joined the club from FC Seoul in the summer of 2009.

And having kept a close eye on Bolton's fortunes since departing BL6, the midfielder is relishing the prospect of renewing acquaintances with his former Club.

"I am looking forward to going back to Bolton," Lee told the Croyden Advertiser. "It will be good to go back there and see everyone.

"I am feeling good about it and looking forward to playing at the Macron Stadium again.

"I had good years there and it will be nice to go back there – I still support Bolton Wanderers."

Lee concluded: "I have a lot of nice memories of Bolton. Still, there are some ex-team mates up there. I hope I can play and play well.

"I still follow Bolton and I hope they can come back up to the Championship. I look out for every result and I am happy to see them doing well in League One."

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SUBS - Turner, Moxey, C Taylor, Proctor, Derik, Trotter, Clayton.

Chungy starts for them

3 - 1 bolton today. Coyw

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Any team news?

Look up 3 posts

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Palace playing a few peripheral players including Lee and Remy but have the likes of Cabaye and Townsend on the bench if needed:
Speroni
Ward
Kelly
Delaney
Friars
Flamini
Mutch
Ledley
Lee 
Campbell
Remy

Subs:
Perntreou
Cabaye
Tomkins
Townsend
Kaikai
Husin
Wan-Bissaka

We need to be on top form today and Clough in particular needs to turn it on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum