Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump bombs Syria - has he started World War III?

+7
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
Bread2.0
xmiles
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:I naively assumed that Trump's Republican entourage would be made up of wise choices who would rein him in and provide some counter-balance to his gross points of view.. I was wrong. 

Seriously....?

I'm honestly not being an arse now but what made you think he'd suddenly abandon the habits of a lifetime and start acting for the greater good?

The GOP's been a self-serving machine for corporate 'Murica for years, so why would any of them suddenly feel the need to start playing nice?

This was always going to be a disaster, right from the moment his victory in the election was announced and it honestly staggers me that rational, intelligent people were prepared to give him a chance.

He's a vile human being who has shafted pretty much everyone he's ever dealt with in business to protect himself, so where did this sense that he'd make moderate appointments to key positions come from?

He's surrounded himself with more of his ilk and, far from draining the swamp, he's actually thrown more alligators into the damned thing.

And it was obvious this is how it would play out.

Why is anyone surprised?

His retarded fans are too stupid to understand what's going on but it amazes me that "normal" people are in any way shocked by any of this.

As I said, I'm not trying to be an arse and I mean no offence but it staggers me that intelligent folk like you thought it might all work out ok.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:How much more of this can we take. We're dealing with idiots.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39572902
 Spicer is turning into Mike from the programme Veep which is very funny, this is real though which is even more worrying

Laughing and pale

Series 6 of Veep is starting on Tuesday. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks xmiles i hadn't realised it was back, it is a very funny show  Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

i didn't think Trump would rein himself in, but I thought the party might act to make themselves look more honourable and civilised to the world at large ....as I said...."naively". 

I suppose I believed that intelligence and decency would naturally prevail in the end. My faith in mankind's basic goodness (i,e. the difference between Steinbeck's views and Golding's) is being tested to breaking point. Don't push me further along the sceptical path, Bread!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Trump has got new management syndrome - desperate to get a quick win to reassure his supporters that he is somehow different and is going to "get things done".
First he tried with the immigration control measures but got put back in his box by the judges.
Then he tried to get the wall going but was ridiculed by the construction industry.
Then he wanted to dismantle Obamacare and ran into trouble.
Then he went after the environmental agreements to appease the fossil fuel lobby that funded him - that's ongoing.
Having failed at every turn so far I guess the chemical attack in Syria and N Korea's weapons testing played into his hands so sabre-rattling is his obvious move- regardless of the consequences.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is getting silly. In the last 24 hours the Trump administration has done a U turn on two more election promises.

First he patched up his differences with NATO and instead of leaving, reaffirmed his commitment and stated "NATO is not irrelevant". He did however, say that some nations were not contributing enough - which is pretty much what Cameron and other Brits have said for a long time.

Then he backtracked on what he'd said about China being a currency manipulator (intentionally devaluing the yuan so as to make China's exports more competitive.)

No wall, no reduction of the White House staff, no new immigration controls, no dismantling of Obamacare, no new jobs, no curtailing of foreign imports, no withdrawal from NATO........

Sounds a lot like no more control of our borders, no reduction in immigration or the UKs dependency on immigration, no new trade deals, no new £350 gazillion a minute for the NHS, no maintenance of the value of Her Majesty's pound sterling, no increase in British productivity, no control over inflation etc etc etc....

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And yet.....

...if you look at the "pro-Trump" responses to his latest ridiculous tweets, they're all thanking him for being such a great president and "getting stuff done".

Honestly, I can't get my head round it.

"Jobs are returning, illegal immigration is plummeting, law, order and justice are being restored. We are truly making America great again!"

It's the worst kind of rabble-rousing, empty rhetoric there is and yet these idiots are lapping it up.

What is wrong with these people and why can't they see it?

I get that we're all a bit biased politically towards the people we want to see in power so we cut them some slack but this idiot has lied his way through the entire process, looks clueless with his constant vacillation on key topics ("Putin's a great guy and we can work together / Putin's a dick and relations with Russia are worse than they've ever been" and "NATO's finished / NATO's not finished", etc) and is failing bigly by any key metric.

The good stuff that's happening to the economy is obviously still lagging over from Obama's fiscal policy and yet Trump is  quick to claim credit for it.

Same as all these "new" jobs he keeps saying he's created.

A quick Google search shows you that the "new" jobs he keeps crowing about being created were all agreed under the previous administration but that doesn't appear to matter to his followers.

These people are properly stupid.

It really does make you wonder what sort of an information vacuum they must live in.

They're like willing participants in some dystopian world where they're happy to be lied to because what they're hearing chimes with what they want to happen so they're not curious to check if any of it's actually true or not.

It's fecking madness on a grand scale.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's like living inside a crazy Mel Brooks film.

It's not funny though, just very scary.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprisingly little fuss over the "Mother of all bombs" and the fact he dropped it on Afghanistan and not Syria.
Perhaps that's because it cost gazillions and did £10 worth of damage.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is this all just muscle flexing to let certain people know that he won't take any nonsense?

Or is it all bluff?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We might find out this weekend.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Surely to God, the CIA must have someone inside the White House who can arrange an "accident" for Trump if it looks like he's going to press that big red button......

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Surely to God, the CIA must have someone inside the White House who can arrange an "accident" for Trump if it looks like he's going to press that big red button......
......on the assumption he's ordering breakfast.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Trump bombs Syria - has he started World War III? - Page 2 Button

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump bombs Syria - has he started World War III? - Page 2 Giphy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Less than 100 days into his presidency and we're already on the brink of nuclear conflict.

I've always been pretty "doom and gloom" regarding this idiot but even I didn't foresee this.

The net's closing in on him in Washington as more and more information is starting to come out about Russian collusion in the run up to the election and I honestly believe this clown isn't above launching a preemptive strike against North Korea to cause a distraction.

I don't say this lightly but he really does need removing from office by any means necessary.

And I do mean any means...

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Abraham Lincoln died on this day back in 1865.

How the hell did we get from Lincoln to Trump?

Any good plays on in Washington?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They've never forgiven him for taking their slaves off them.

And when a black guy got the top job in Washington, that was it - something snapped.

And now we have Trump.

Trump bombs Syria - has he started World War III? - Page 2 Maxresdefault

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum