Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morecambe v Bolton

+14
inf
Mallorca Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Lofty_Love
chipbutty
bwfc71
terenceanne
Reebok_Rebel
largehat
rammywhite
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 15:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think there is. Why can't the club just divide the squad into two equal teams (there must be 22 of the ponces) and play them against each other. Is that not a match?

So you want the players to get used to playing alongside each other by playing against each other? That's a really novel idea, with only one flaw. It is bollocks.

22Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 15:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm going tonight.

Not bothered about the result, but I will be annoyed to see a completely spineless display.

23Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 15:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With the season starting in just over 2 weeks we should start to win games rather than draw or lose - especially with lower league sides. If the latter happens and loser comes out with shit such as its only a friendly to get match-fit etc etc etc etc then I know we will have no hope as we are now in the exact same position as all other teams in the English Leagues preparing for the Leagues to start. Its now a case of starting to build up confidence rather than fitness levels and formations.

24Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 16:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We're saving the big performance for Barcelona reserves. Smile

25Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

So you want the players to get used to playing alongside each other by playing against each other? That's a really novel idea, with only one flaw. It is bollocks.

No, my genius idea was to get the players "match fit" rather than play cloggers from the lower leagues.

26Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 16:25

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
No, my genius idea was to get the players "match fit" rather than play cloggers from the lower leagues.

It's interesting that you stress "match fit" in inverted commas but that your suggestion doesn't include playing any actual matches, just a glorified PE lesson.

We should get this guy to referee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

27Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 16:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

It's interesting that you stress "match fit" in inverted commas but that your suggestion doesn't include playing any actual matches, just a glorified PE lesson.

Pre-season matches are a waste of time. Fair enough if you play teams in the same division, you can learn something. But playing non-league and lower league teams serves no purpose - they see you as the big boys and want to bring you down a peg or two.

28Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 16:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Pre-season matches are a waste of time. Fair enough if you play teams in the same division, you can learn something. But playing non-league and lower league teams serves no purpose - they see you as the big boys and want to bring you down a peg or two.

Do you not think the fact that every professional football club in the world plays in pre-season friendlies is compelling evidence that you are totally and utterly clueless?

29Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Do you not think the fact that every professional football club in the world plays in pre-season friendlies is compelling evidence that you are totally and utterly clueless?

As I've said many times before, people used to mock Ghandi, Malcolm X and David Icke - they later realised they were visionaries.

30Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Winning 2-0! Ngog setting up Eagles for the 1st and then Ngog scores the 2nd...what a player:p

31Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:10

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Winning 2-0! Ngog setting up Eagles for the 1st and then Ngog scores the 2nd...what a player:p

Our hero! cheers Cool

32Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I've always liked that Ngog...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

33Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

... If we win this game the "can't believe we can't beat xxxxxx" gang will revert back into the "friendlies mean nothing" gang.

34Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:26

Reading the match updates, still sounds like we are getting outplayed by a third division side.

35Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did we win, did we win? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

36Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:28

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Did we win, did we win? I'm on the edge of my seat here.

No, they're still playing. Try to remain calm.

37Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:30

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

any more minutes and Nat may need the Tena ladies!!!!

Laughing

38Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Full time 2-0

39Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Full time 2-0

Indeed. Now you can start flicking your bean, Natasha.

40Morecambe v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Morecambe v Bolton Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:34

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

that'll do, one little thing worried me though..

Captain: Zat Knight

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum