Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 50]

451Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 04 2018, 19:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Interesting statement from the EU regarding the Brexit transitional period. They say it won't go beyond 2 years i.e. the end of 2020. That implies a degree of optimism over the pace of striking a trade deal.
It took 10 years to work out the trade deal between the EU and Canada and that didn't include the most controversial element - and in our case Britain's biggest earner - the financial sector.
This has just been contextualised by the IMF downgrading Britain's growth forecast to 1.6% in the light of investor uncertainty over Brexit.

(IMF Chief)  said that relative to growth in the rest of the world, "the UK is losing out as a result of higher inflation, pressure on wages and incomes and delayed investment".

With inflation rising above 3% and growth at roughly half of that, I guess they have a point.

The IMF have been consistent throughout. Problem is that they have been consistently wrong. According to them we should be in a deep recession now: 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Famp%2Fs%2Forder-order.com%2F2017%2F11%2F09%2Fslowest-gdp-g7%2Famp%2F&h=ATM9YSVJ5vFNd5KFmPc27aipmVNi2cAjGSAzQSY7oBeklH50CgUHH-QeunwPAfOaJscYq-5OebD_0kcvPgE7bXS_lm2yJ55iTiVWnLE4X70TqOHMcqvEFwk_g7Qim3OmcVMqBjU8nw

Is that a link to a UKIP site or is it just a completely different bunch of nutters?

452Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 04 2018, 19:18

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

455Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 04 2018, 21:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

456Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 05 2018, 16:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Facts to consider and which, perhaps, explain the unpopularity of BREXIT,Brexit negotiations - Page 24 23905610

457Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 05 2018, 16:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable. Everyone had the chance to vote, no point moaning about it now.

458Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Jan 05 2018, 17:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Laughable. Everyone had the chance to vote, no point moaning about it now.

Not entirely true. Cameron significantly reduced the size of the electoral roll in 2015 by changing the registration rules. The Electoral Commission advised him not to do this as it took 1.9 million voters off the list many of them younger voters who were more likely to vote Labour and Remain.

In addition only those aged 18 or older were able to vote whereas in Scotland the independence referendum gave votes to 16 and 17 year olds who also would have voted predominantly for Remain.

459Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Jan 16 2018, 09:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Unbelievable! If caught out lying why not tell an even bigger lie?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42698981

460Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 24 2018, 15:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:...whilst growth is lower than inflation it can only lead to a further reduction in the standard of living for the majority of people.
ONS have today released figures that show unemployment is down to 1.44 million and yet inflation remains above 3% and wage growth is at 2.4% - all of which provides more evidence that we are starting to become a low-pay economy with reduced standards of living for most as predicted.

461Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 24 2018, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely it's better to have low unemployment and reduced standards of living, rather than high unemployment and higher standards of living.

462Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 24 2018, 16:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Surely it's better to have low unemployment and reduced standards of living, rather than high unemployment and higher standards of living.

I've long ago given up reading Wanderlust's long standing diatribe against Brexit being that it is completely one-sided, myopic and clearly personally bitter about the outcome.

I'm no supporter of Brexit myself but any good news about it is conspicuously absent from any of Wanderlust posts.  

For instance he moans about the inflation rate but neglects to mention that it actually fell last month with the Bank of England saying this -

"The Bank of England has said it thinks inflation peaked at the end of 2017 and will fall back to its target of 2% this year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42702752

So in a few months wage growth could well be 2.4% with inflation at 2% - making Wanderlust rant complete bullshit.

When you resort to hide facts simply to make your argument look better, then clearly your views aren't reasoned, fair or balanced - and once that happens there is no point others bothering to read them anymore.

There's good news as well as bad about the economy in the news, post the Brexit vote - funny how many anti-Brexit moonmen never seem to see them though - but only the negative reports!

463Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 24 2018, 16:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The rumour is xmiles and wanderlust have arranged for a joint suicide pact on 29th March 2019.

464Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Jan 24 2018, 17:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The rumour is xmiles and wanderlust have arranged for a joint suicide pact on 29th March 2019.
Exit MEANS Exit.

465Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 25 2018, 11:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Surely it's better to have low unemployment and reduced standards of living, rather than high unemployment and higher standards of living.
On what planet does that make sense?
And why are they the only two options?

466Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 25 2018, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I've long ago given up reading Wanderlust's long standing diatribe against Brexit being that it is completely one-sided, myopic and clearly personally bitter about the outcome.

I'm no supporter of Brexit myself but any good news about it is conspicuously absent from any of Wanderlust posts.  

For instance he moans about the inflation rate but neglects to mention that it actually fell last month with the Bank of England saying this -

"The Bank of England has said it thinks inflation peaked at the end of 2017 and will fall back to its target of 2% this year."

So in a few months wage growth could well be 2.4% with inflation at 2% - making Wanderlust rant complete bullshit.

When you resort to hide facts simply to make your argument look better, then clearly your views aren't reasoned, fair or balanced - and once that happens there is no point others bothering to read them anymore.

There's good news as well as bad about the economy in the news, post the Brexit vote - funny how many anti-Brexit moonmen never seem to see them though - but only the negative reports!
I am deeply impressed that you got all that without even reading my post.

However if you ever do decide to read what I write before going into your default slag me off mode, you'll see that what I wrote was a comment about the way the economy is going without any reference to Brexit whatsoever. 

A more discerning reader might recognise that Brexit negotiations will shape how a high employment low wage economy eventually looks, but the point made clearly implied that we are heading that way with or without Brexit.

467Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 25 2018, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:On what planet does that make sense?
And why are they the only two options?

Everything I write or say makes sense. To me.

But just to confirm, I was saying it's better to have low unemployment and reduced standards of living, rather than high unemployment and higher standards of living.

I really can't make that statement any clearer. PM me if you still don't understand.

468Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 25 2018, 13:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

However if you ever do decide to read what I write before going into your default slag me off mode, you'll see that what I wrote was a comment about the way the economy is going without any reference to Brexit whatsoever

A more discerning reader might recognise that Brexit negotiations will shape how a high employment low wage economy eventually looks, but the point made clearly implied that we are heading that way with or without Brexit.

You don't half talk utter shite - you posted your comment in the BREXIT THREAD that you yourself started!  If it had nothing to do with Brexit then why post it here, you numpty!

And as I've pointed out above that the Bank of England is predicting a fall in inflation to under that of the current percentage wage growth - which would result in a high employment HIGH wage economy.  But don't let such facts get in the way of how you see things in your head.

A more discerning reader might recognise you as someone trying to wriggle out of the massive hole you've just dug yourself by thinking you are smarter than the rest of us but we ALL can see what a complete and utter muppet you are at times.

469Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 25 2018, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

However if you ever do decide to read what I write before going into your default slag me off mode, you'll see that what I wrote was a comment about the way the economy is going without any reference to Brexit whatsoever

You don't half talk utter shite - you posted your comment in the BREXIT THREAD that you yourself started!  If it had nothing to do with Brexit then why post it here, you numpty!

And as I've pointed out above that the Bank of England is predicting a fall in inflation to under that of the current percentage wage growth - which would result in a high employment HIGH wage economy.  But don't let such facts get in the way of how you see things in your head.

A more discerning reader might recognise you as someone trying to wriggle out of the massive hole you've just dug yourself by thinking you are smarter than the rest of us but we ALL can see what a complete and utter muppet you are at times.

Carry on if it makes you happy.....

470Brexit negotiations - Page 24 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Jan 25 2018, 14:17

You’re being unfair Sluffy. Lust was commenting on the current state of the economy according to the ONS, while the Bank Of England’s forecasts are relevant they - 1. Are by definition not a guarantee and 2. May not have been seen by Lust. The level of inflation being below wage growth is also not the sole contributor to a country being ‘high wage’ so to speak.

Lust hasn’t abused you, there’s no need to give it out like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum