Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 35]

661 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We're going to pay £1.5m for a defender who wasn't a guaranteed starter?

Bollocks.

662 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 21:01

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Agreed we don’t have that sort of money to spend on a defender.  We’d surely just try to get him again on loan. I suspect we wouldn’t pay that for anyone

663 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 21:42

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:We're going to pay £1.5m for a defender who wasn't a guaranteed starter?

Bollocks.
Who are you talking about?

664 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 22:05

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't know.

665 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 22:10

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:We're going to pay £1.5m for a defender who wasn't a guaranteed starter?

Bollocks.

You can do that when you have billionaire owners.

666 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 23:18

Sluffy

Admin
DEANO82 wrote:

Bollocks.
Who are you talking about?

I think it's a reference to Boggers saying we are going to sign Robinson for £1.5m.

See here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri May 11 2018, 23:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link added.)

667 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri May 11 2018, 23:26

Sluffy

Admin
Bolton Rebirth wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure how reliable the source is and given the fact The Sun is mentioned in there it’s probably bollocks but this is a player I’m pleased to see us linked with nonetheless.

Proven Championship goalscorer and is available for nothing but wages.

The rumour might be true but the site that quotes it HITC is one of those 'click bait' type of sites and not normally noted for its accuracy in story lines (thanks for posting it up though - I'm not having a pop at you or anything).

McGoldrick injured himself and was out for the rest of the season shortly after the transfer window, so there is even a doubt as to how fit he is even now.

See link - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

668 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 18:01

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Couple of players in the National league play off final looked like they were worth a look today. Probably about as far as our budget will stretch transfer fee wise.

Bruno Andrade for Boreham, Jennings and Norwood for Tranmere.

Make it happen Ken.

669 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 18:08

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:Couple of players in the National league play off final looked like they were worth a look today. Probably about as far as our budget will stretch transfer fee wise.

Make it happen Ken.

You really think conference level players are the way forward in a division full of mega bucks?

670 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 18:13

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Hard to say, but we dont have much to spend and there must be some quality worth having in there so id expect us to be looking at least.

671 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 18:15

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Serious investment is our only hope of competing and it’s on its way

672 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 18:59

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Agree with that, ‘King’ Ken needs to get moving then, need reinforcements all over the park.

673 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 19:14

NickFazer

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Lower league is exactly where we should be looking for young hungry players with the potential to be playing 1st team now or in the short term, Premier League and increasingly Championship clubs rarely scout at that level anymore, prerering to squander mega bucks on academy or foreign players. Not seen that much of the U23's but there doesn't appear to be a lot of strong challenges, it may produce more technical players but may explain why they look so lightweight when they get a chance in the first team.

674 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 19:17

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
T.R.O.Y wrote:Couple of players in the National league play off final looked like they were worth a look today. Probably about as far as our budget will stretch transfer fee wise.

Make it happen Ken.
Thought that Ridehalgh fella looked good for Tranmere until he was sent off. He had a great 45 seconds.

675 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat May 12 2018, 21:35

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Make it happen Ken.
Agree with you T.R.O.Y.  There were some really good players on that pitch today.
Congrats to Tranmere for getting back to League 2

676 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 12:54

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:Serious investment is our only hope of competing and it’s on its way
Do you really believe that Boggers?
I hope it's true but I expect either a minor investor putting in peanuts or a statement to the effect that "their demands were to high/at least we tried/not Ken's fault".
If serious money was coming in, wouldn't the club hold off from transfers and contract renewals until they knew the size of the budget instead of giving Parky the go ahead now as the BN claims?

677 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 12:57

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Parky has got the go ahead but his job is on the line as the new investors aren't so sure. Expect them to be announced Friday. Their aim is promotion in 2 years

678 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 13:47

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think you should change your name to Walter Mitty Boggers. Instead of just writing bollocks why not tell us the source if you're ITK.

679 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 14:57

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:Parky has got the go ahead but his job is on the line as the new investors aren't so sure. Expect them to be announced Friday. Their aim is promotion in 2 years
Still doesn't make sense. If Parky's job isn't secure I would have thought that's even more reason not to let him start signing contracts.

Delighted if there's any truth in this though.

680 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 15:07

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Delighted if there's any truth in this though.

Is this your first day on Nuts?

681 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 15:08

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Norpig wrote:Instead of just writing bollocks why not tell us the source if you're ITK.

Because he keeps getting nibbles of puppies like you.

682 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 15:47

Sluffy

Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Parky has got the go ahead but his job is on the line as the new investors aren't so sure. Expect them to be announced Friday. Their aim is promotion in 2 years
Still doesn't make sense. If Parky's job isn't secure I would have thought that's even more reason not to let him start signing contracts.

Delighted if there's any truth in this though.

Of course it makes sense.

Until any new owners come on board, the club is owned by Anderson and he picks the manager.

Even if a deal is agreed to buy the club off Anderson today, it will still take time (approximately 3 months or so apparently) for required checks between the respective owner, purchaser and EFL to be done and signed off.

By then the season would be underway and we would have had to acquire players to form a squad, get used to each other and play competitive warm up games etc.

Somebody has to 'manage' all this in order to have a team for the new season - but the club sale could fall through or be blocked at any time - so obviously it is up to Anderson to keep the wheels turning and why would he want to change his manager who has delivered all that is required of him over the last two season?

Maybe however the potential new owner (or one of his nominees) could join the board and provide 'investment' to buy better players than those we would without the investment - but it is a risk for them if the sale does not go through for any reason.

But there is no obvious benefit for Anderson to replace Parkinson in advance of the club being sold which may (or may not) happen in three months time.

683 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 15:49

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Delighted if there's any truth in this though.

Is this your first day on Nuts?

Very Happy

684 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 16:09

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Norpig wrote:Instead of just writing bollocks why not tell us the source if you're ITK.

I'm well aware of Boggers talking bollocks and don't need a reminder from you thanks you bellend. Nice editing of my original quote by the way just so you could get a dig in.

685 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 16:26

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

I'm well aware of Boggers talking bollocks and don't need a reminder from you thanks you bellend. Nice editing of my original quote by the way just so you could get a dig in.

:clap: Very Happy

Now awaiting the usual climb out post off him! Laughing

686 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Climb out KP.

687 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 16:51

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Climb out KP.

Knew you would say it! Wink

688 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 17:07

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Norpig wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Where’s the dig? Just giving you the facts, you keep biting.

689 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 17:24

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Norpig wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Where’s the dig? Just giving you the facts, you keep biting.

It’s funny how other members feel the same way about you.

Maybe I should post the PM’s you sent me for everyone else to have a good laugh at like I did.

Hmm...Then again I wouldn’t want to embarrass you. Laughing

690 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 23 2018, 17:46

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Come along now boys. It's the close season,the sun is shining,and I've got a nice tin of pears cooling in the fridge.
We can bicker to our hearts content come the new season,but for now,it's relax in yer slacks time.
Pour yourselves a cold one.

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum