Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cardiff 2-0 Bolton

+16
Kane57
karlypants
Sluffy
Norpig
boltonbonce
bryan458
ege66
wessy
Jizadine
DEANO82
wanderlust
observer
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

91Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:We all need to put more effort into the chatbox to get it back like it used to be.

Blame Aaron. He used to run it. Then he fooked off. Did you make a pass at him KP?

92Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Does this really mean that?  I would have though you could only get the DAB streams, which usually dont broadcast the match due to licensing...
Yes you can get Towerfm on dab but you have to tune into fm to be able to receive the commentary.

This has always been the case due to licensing.

93Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Does this really mean that?  I would have though you could only get the DAB streams, which usually dont broadcast the match due to licensing...
i looked at tunein and it says it does AM/FM and DAB so should be able to get it whatever its on hopefully when KP is not available to sort out.

94Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:37

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not sure, I'll no doubt find out on match day.

Thanks for that though.

95Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
i looked at tunein and it says it does AM/FM and DAB so should be able to get it whatever its on hopefully when KP is not available to sort out.
Thanks.

96Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By all means try it but You will be disappointed. 

Even Towerfm advertise the fact that you have to tune out and tune in again to get it.

97Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not trying to do you out of a tune KP, but will Tunein not pick up FM stations as well? I only used it because Radio Manchester had City on FM.
I'm sticking with radio nuts, have no fear KP  Very Happy

98Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 16:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'm not trying to do you out of a tune KP, but will Tunein not pick up FM stations as well? I only used it because Radio Manchester had City on FM.
I'm sticking with radio nuts, have no fear KP  Very Happy
I know what you mean mate and it doesn't matter to me in that way to be honest.

I've enjoyed providing a service to people who haven't been able to get it elsewhere due to whatever reason (I won't say why in here Wink ).

The problem with local radio is that it generally is just local and it's not like it's absolute radio for instance which can be heard up and down the country.

If this has changed due to TuneIn then it would benefit fans more as the quality would be much better than what I am currently providing.

It can only be a positive thing. Smile

99Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 17:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't worry KP, people will always need your blow jobs.

100Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 17:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Don't worry KP, people will always need your blow jobs.
You are still my number 1. Very Happy

101Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 17:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I'm a big fan of the chatbox, one of the highlights of the site for me.

Me too- but I was out last night unfortunately.

102Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Wed 14 Feb - 20:53

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Might pop in

103Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Fri 16 Feb - 20:34

Jizadine

Jizadine
David Ngog
David Ngog

Sorry folks I didnt mean to rock the boat. I absolutely fell over the tunein thing by accident and wanted to share as KP was away.

I love the site and have used the portal loads to listen to the matches although recently it doesnt stream too well on mobile.

Jiz

104Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Fri 16 Feb - 22:46

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jizadine wrote:Sorry folks I didnt mean to rock the boat. I absolutely fell over the tunein thing by accident and wanted to share as KP was away.

I love the site and have used the portal loads to listen to the matches although recently it doesnt stream too well on mobile.

Jiz
Would you mind explaining to us on the other side of the pond, if we can access tuneinradio and the local Manchester channel on our IPhones or computers?  Every time I have tried to get the local station, it has been blocked.  I suppose a VPN would work from here.  Thanks so much.  Karly - you are missed!

105Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Fri 16 Feb - 23:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jizadine wrote:Sorry folks I didnt mean to rock the boat. I absolutely fell over the tunein thing by accident and wanted to share as KP was away.

Jiz

Mate, no need to apologise, it is us that should be thanking you for sharing with fellow Wanderers fans how we can get to hear a game when many of us no longer live in the town and can't get local access to match commentary's.

Radio Nuts was born out of an idea to let fellow whites hear how the game was going live (and free of charge) but depends on one person being able to work their magic to do so - and thus if they are not around for whatever the reason is, we all can't hear the game.

We would rather people come to Nuts because they like it here and enjoy what we are about, than only visit here because they have to as we are the only site to provide live match commentary world wide.

It is my understanding that it is not illegal to 'listen' to the commentary but only to 'broadcast' it.  As all Radio Nuts is doing is 'relaying' it on to a wider audience - and giving full credit to the broadcaster (they often mention who they are during any broadcast they make), then we don't believe we are doing anything dodgy at all.

As we all know people go and see the games down the local pubs (from foreign based streams) or watch it directly themselves.  Ifollow allows people abroad to watch live streams for a nominal fee - and its no secret that people watch it in this country too by bending technology to allow them to do so.  Radio commentary is provided free if you live in the area, so it seems somewhat odd that if you can see the game via streams (paid for or not) anywhere in the world and hear the match if you live locally - then why can't you listen to it world wide also?

Radio Nuts allowed to do that and now the (free) phone app you brought to our attention clearly shows that others have gone down the same route also.

As many people only seem to show up at game time to listen to Radio Nuts and not post or join in with us either on the forum or in the chatbox, then I don't really see how them using the app and no longer bothering at all with us would greatly effect us if at all (Nuts is provided free and isn't reliant on 'click based adverts income) - so it's not as though we lose financially if 'traffic' fell on Nuts during matches.

I like to think all the regulars will stick about for the craic during the games and I for one like to tune into Nuts during the game to be with others doing the same - its just more fun to be in a group than being on your own.

Once Karly gets back I'm sure things will revert back to more or less normal at match time with Radio Nuts being back live.

Hopefully mate now you've broke your silence after all these years you might like to post a bit more with us on the forum and join in with the rest of us being passionate about our club and join in with the views, opinions, laughs and other assorted nonsense we get up to each and every day!

106Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Sat 17 Feb - 8:01

Jizadine

Jizadine
David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:

Jiz

Mate, no need to apologise, it is us that should be thanking you for sharing with fellow Wanderers fans how we can get to hear a game when many of us no longer live in the town and can't get local access to match commentary's.

Radio Nuts was born out of an idea to let fellow whites hear how the game was going live (and free of charge) but depends on one person being able to work their magic to do so - and thus if they are not around for whatever the reason is, we all can't hear the game.

We would rather people come to Nuts because they like it here and enjoy what we are about, than only visit here because they have to as we are the only site to provide live match commentary world wide.

It is my understanding that it is not illegal to 'listen' to the commentary but only to 'broadcast' it.  As all Radio Nuts is doing is 'relaying' it on to a wider audience - and giving full credit to the broadcaster (they often mention who they are during any broadcast they make), then we don't believe we are doing anything dodgy at all.

As we all know people go and see the games down the local pubs (from foreign based streams) or watch it directly themselves.  Ifollow allows people abroad to watch live streams for a nominal fee - and its no secret that people watch it in this country too by bending technology to allow them to do so.  Radio commentary is provided free if you live in the area, so it seems somewhat odd that if you can see the game via streams (paid for or not) anywhere in the world and hear the match if you live locally - then why can't you listen to it world wide also?

Radio Nuts allowed to do that and now the (free) phone app you brought to our attention clearly shows that others have gone down the same route also.

As many people only seem to show up at game time to listen to Radio Nuts and not post or join in with us either on the forum or in the chatbox, then I don't really see how them using the app and no longer bothering at all with us would greatly effect us if at all (Nuts is provided free and isn't reliant on 'click based adverts income) - so it's not as though we lose financially if 'traffic' fell on Nuts during matches.

I like to think all the regulars will stick about for the craic during the games and I for one like to tune into Nuts during the game to be with others doing the same - its just more fun to be in a group than being on your own.

Once Karly gets back I'm sure things will revert back to more or less normal at match time with Radio Nuts being back live.

Hopefully mate now you've broke your silence after all these years you might like to post a bit more with us on the forum and join in with the rest of us being passionate about our club and join in with the views, opinions, laughs and other assorted nonsense we get up to each and every day!
Thanks Sluffy

Nothing personal but I like to keep a low profile on the net. I just thought I would give something back after you guys providing me with a source for a good while.

I only just realised on my 1st post how long I had been a member - coincides with when we dropped out of Prem and I moved away just far enough from Notlob to get a strong enough signal 

I will try to be a bit more visible on the site  What a Face

107Cardiff 2-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff 2-0 Bolton Sat 17 Feb - 12:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mention your slippers. They'll love it. :like:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: