Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Appleton new manager!!

+16
summercummings
JonnyRandom
gloswhite
wanderlust
Barryjw
Keegan
doffcocker
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Horwich white
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sat Oct 13 2012, 14:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop what?

42Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Posting every sighting of a manager at the Reebok.

43Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone will have to explain to me why they want to speak to him?

44Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Someone will have to explain to me why they want to speak to him?

I just don't believe they would go after someone with a worse win ratio than Coyle.

45Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sat Oct 13 2012, 15:32

Portsmouth are playing at home now, when did he find the time to come for an informal discussion?

46Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sat Oct 13 2012, 19:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Marc Iles, and the BN are definitely not to be trusted with any news with regards to Bolton - they have got it wrong every time over the last few weeks!!!

47Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 12:58

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Marc Iles (yes him) is reporting Appleton has been in for a "informal chat"

..... confused

Stop this please.
Just seen Ron Atkinson.......

48Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 13:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a pity Big Ron is too old. He did a bloody good job at WBA before making the mistake of going to Old Trafford.

49Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 13:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's a pity Big Ron is too old. He did a bloody good job at WBA before making the mistake of going to Old Trafford.
I had a lot of time for big ron,the man is a character. He came out with some shit that cracked me up. his side Forest got beat 8-1 by the scum and the fans were on his back and he said whats up with them we just gave em a nine goal thriller, fuckin ace. At a dinner do he said he did not understand the chinese population problem as they had the best contraception of any country in that they had the worlds ugliest women. Laughing

50Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 13:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember him losing his punditry post after slagging off Desailly without realising his mike was still on. He was brandished as a racist and yet he was one of the first managers to introduce young black talent into the modern game.

Good players like Brendan Batson, Remi Moses, Cyrille Regis and Laurie Cunningham all started their careers under Big Ron.

51Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 13:42

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I remember him losing his punditry post after slagging off Desailly without realising his mike was still on. He was brandished as a racist and yet he was one of the first managers to introduce young black talent into the modern game.

Good players like Brendan Batson, Remi Moses, Cyrille Regis and Laurie Cunningham all started their careers under Big Ron.
Ron got a raw deal.

52Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 13:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MK Dons playing Preston at the moment on SS2. Managed by Karl Robinson an up and comer who would be an interesting target.

Only watched 20 minutes but MK Dons like to keep the ball, knock it around and have been neat and tidy. Won't pretend to know any more than that but he's highly thought of and done a terrific job here.

53Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 14:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:MK Dons playing Preston at the moment on SS2. Managed by Karl Robinson an up and comer who would be an interesting target.

Only watched 20 minutes but MK Dons like to keep the ball, knock it around and have been neat and tidy. Won't pretend to know any more than that but he's highly thought of and done a terrific job here.

Too lightweight.

54Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 14:21

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Do we really know who we want?

Some suggest their favourites, some their least favourites. Others suggest promotion from within e.g Jimmy Armfield's assistant Ian Greaves - success. BSA assistant LSL - failure. Rioch's assistant Todd turned us into a yo yo club. New blood e.g Rioch, completely off everybodies radar - what a manager he turned out to be. Other new blood, draw up your own list of failures.

At the end of the day it will be the boards choice regardless of the fans wishes.

We may as well assume the crash position, heads down, hands behind our head, knees up protect the bollocks and await the collision.

55Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 14:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At this point I'm looking for a bit of excitement, a forward thinking appointment.

Thats it.

56Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 16:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:At this point I'm looking for a bit of excitement, a forward thinking appointment.

Thats it.

Like Owen Coyle was?

57Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 16:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well there's always an example of "young and upcoming" going wrong, just as there is for "tried and tested" going wrong.

so MM someone could say "just like Megson"

It's a bit daft really. All appointments are a risk, but i'd rather see us risk it on someone exciting than someone boring as fcuk.

58Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 16:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One thing for sure, we can't complain that PG rushed into it, even though we may wonder what he was doing at that time to still make a stupid decision. I'm quite enjoying the rest from the teeth gnashing and depression. no doubt they'll soon be back on the agenda though.

59Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 16:26

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I dont get this michael appleton thing. Just read burnley are after him apparently. From what ive seen and read about him he seems crap and nothing special at all

60Appleton new manager!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 16:35

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I think I must be the only person who wants Mick McCarthy as boss. I think his no-nonsense approach will really improve things at the club. Granted, he might not be a Prem manager, but surely our first objective should be to get into the Championship promotion chase?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum