Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Appleton new manager!!

+16
summercummings
JonnyRandom
gloswhite
wanderlust
Barryjw
Keegan
doffcocker
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Lyric Todkill
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Horwich white
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 16:51

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought McCarthy had turned us down?

I would wait and be patient for the time being. Nigel Adkins will probably get sacked at Southampton shortly, so we should go for him.

62Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 17:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We had a no-nonsense bloke in Megson. He had to go because he like Coyle was clueless and antagonised the fans and players.
From what I've read from Wolves, Sunderland and Millwall fans, McCarthy is in many respects similar, often calling the Wolves fans "numpties". I'd also argue that he's not as no-nonsense as people think - a lot of Wolves fans say he is the sort to have his favourites. I can see him being like Coyle in this respect - special treatment for the likes of Kevin Davies etc.

Let's also not forget it took him years to get Wolves up. If people reckon he's gonna come in, sort the defence out, and get us straight back up there in no time, I think they have another thing coming.

63Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 17:30

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

summercummings wrote:I think I must be the only person who wants Mick McCarthy as boss. ?

Yes i think you very well may be

64Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 17:32

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:I thought McCarthy had turned us down?

I would wait and be patient for the time being. Nigel Adkins will probably get sacked at Southampton shortly, so we should go for him.

I would love adkins to come to Bolton. In yesterdays bolton news it says bolton are happy to wait for molde to finish their season if it means we get OGS.

Last edited by JonnyRandom on Sun Oct 14 2012, 17:38; edited 1 time in total

65Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 17:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thats fine if OGS has agreed to do that on a pre-contract, but if it's wait and see them it's foolish.

66Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 18:08

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

JonnyRandom wrote:

Yes i think you very well may be

Perhaps I'm the only realistic one. We're 18th in the Championship and massively in debt.

67Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 18:15

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Summercummings,the problem with mick mac is that he has been found out to be hopeless in the prem, I just don't see the logic in getting a manager who is not up to it at prem level. Surely we want a manager who can be like big Sam and be here for years and keep us at the top level.

68Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Sun Oct 14 2012, 20:15

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MB, I agree but would go further and say that the problem with Mick Mc is that he has this massive ego (God knows why, the man is a prat).

If he is given the job it says everything about the ambition of the owner and board at BWFC, namely that survival is all that matters, forget any success and happy days in the future.

69Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Mon Oct 15 2012, 03:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Appleton has come in on the betting, I can only assume its Pompey fans voting, if you have a a win per game ratio he has, I would want rid too/

70Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Mon Oct 15 2012, 03:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Appleton is currently the favourite for the Burnley job, so fingers crossed.

71Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Mon Oct 15 2012, 03:26

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Appleton is currently the favourite for the Burnley job, so fingers crossed.
No I want Coyle for that gig.

72Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Mon Oct 15 2012, 03:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Appleton is currently the favourite for the Burnley job, so fingers crossed.
No I want Coyle for that gig.

Good point.

73Appleton new manager!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Appleton new manager!! Mon Oct 15 2012, 14:36

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OGS has stated he has 'no interest' in managing us apparently.

Obviously he is waaaaay to big and special for Bolton, a manager of some shitty Norwegian side who's only other achievement is to win a reserve league with a side that would beat most premier league first teams.

no doubt Barcelona or real Madrid will be offering him a contract soon...

fuck the pretentious cunt and move on...

prick...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum