Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back (again!)

+5
boltonbonce
Hip Priest
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1NFL's back  (again!) Empty NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:40 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...kicking off on Friday with Bonce's Bills at the Rams.

Bills are one of the favourites again this year - in fact THE favourites to lift the Superbowl in many quarters.

They've had a good off season and consolidated well despite a few players getting "poached" - but have recruited excellent replacements and according to the media have become a well run organisation that has built the team the right way. No pressure then Bonce Smile

On Sunday the Steelers face the Bengals in the season's first all-BWFC fan encounter and the Chiefs - who despite Mahomey show no signs of stopping the slide IMO are at a rejuvenated Cardinals.

2NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not expecting much from the Steelers this season as QB position is still up for grabs. Not sure Trubisky is the answer but i'm guessing he'll start for now.

3NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:29 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Not expecting much from the Steelers this season as QB position is still up for grabs. Not sure Trubisky is the answer but i'm guessing he'll start for now.
...but we expect a lot from Bonce's boys don't we? Smile

4NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:30 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
...but we expect a lot from Bonce's boys don't we? Smile

They'll bottle it as usual eh Boncey?  Very Happy

5NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:11 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

They'll bottle it as usual eh Boncey?  Very Happy
I always travel in hope. Unless Sluffy and Lusty are on the same flight. Razz

6NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:43 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
That wouldn't be a problem as in flight mode I wouldn't be writing anything for him to criticise Smile

7NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:49 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
That wouldn't be a problem as in flight mode I wouldn't be writing anything for him to criticise Smile
You might argue about Nat.

The original carry on baggage.

8NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

9NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:22 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched the highlights and the Bills looked good  Very Happy

10NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:30 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Just watched the highlights and the Bills looked good  Very Happy
I've learned not to get too excited. And still get too excited. Neutral

11NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:46 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

Maybe not but I'd still be sat behind you pissing my sides laughing at you telling those around you how you know how government works by having worked in a NON Government organisation!!!

:rofl:

Sluffy wrote:See how it works Norpig.

Unsolicited personal abuse/piss taking/whatever you like to call it from Wanderlust because he is obsessed with me and I take the piss out of him in return over something stupid he's said that he can't admit to ever being wrong about.

If people don't want to step up all call him out nothing is going to ever change is it?

12NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:34 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Maybe not but I'd still be sat behind you pissing my sides laughing at you telling those around you how you know how government works by having worked in a NON Government organisation!!!

Quango actually, working with Ministers and departments mainly with the various iterations of BIS pre-BEIS and other departments where the brief demanded it, so lots of time in Victoria St, Millbank and occasionally HoC for the formal stuff and the odd event. Was on the Beeb a couple of times from Millbank and on location but my media work was mainly radio as I have the face for it.
It's true that I have also worked with NGOs and non-departmental public bodies such as the Regional Development Agencies and latterly the LEPs (neither were great) as well as private sector consultancies working with Councils - mainly County Councils in a loop around London and up the east coast from East Sussex round to N Yorkshire and a little bit nationally in discussion with The Leaders Council. But most of my central government work was "developing the public/private sector interface" (as I used to put it) for the Quango launching and developing a national scheme - although through my council work I did get to understand the (largely unidirectional) relationship between central government, County Councils and little local councils. And every government and Council that I worked with was absolutely desperate to engage the private sector - I was ideally placed to help them.
If it amuses you, I've also been self-employed, worked abroad for 4 years and when I was a kid I had a string of summer jobs plus I worked at Warby's on Hereford St when I was a student in the early 70s to earn travel money.
I've watched successive governments reinvent the wheel over and over again and retirement at 60 was a great relief TBH - I've been very lucky because now I can write music, play sport, go to the pub, faff about in the garden, do the crossword with a coffee every morning, take holidays (see you in Feb Kev) do a bit of consultancy when I feel like it and the only politicians I have to deal with are the idiots on the telly.
I certainly know a lot more about how government really works than a middle management secretariat bean counter in small council at the bottom of the chain - and am trying my utmost to forget it Smile

13NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:39 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great start for the favourites Smile

14NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:17 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Quango actually, working with Ministers and departments mainly with the various iterations of BIS pre-BEIS and other departments where the brief demanded it, so lots of time in Victoria St, Millbank and occasionally HoC for the formal stuff and the odd event. Was on the Beeb a couple of times from Millbank and on location but my media work was mainly radio as I have the face for it.
It's true that I have also worked with NGOs and non-departmental public bodies such as the Regional Development Agencies and latterly the LEPs (neither were great) as well as private sector consultancies working with Councils - mainly County Councils in a loop around London and up the east coast from East Sussex round to N Yorkshire and a little bit nationally in discussion with The Leaders Council. But most of my central government work was "developing the public/private sector interface" (as I used to put it) for the Quango launching and developing a national scheme - although through my council work I did get to understand the (largely unidirectional) relationship between central government, County Councils and little local councils. And every government and Council that I worked with was absolutely desperate to engage the private sector - I was ideally placed to help them.
If it amuses you, I've also been self-employed, worked abroad for 4 years and when I was a kid I had a string of summer jobs plus I worked at Warby's on Hereford St when I was a student in the early 70s to earn travel money.
I've watched successive governments reinvent the wheel over and over again and retirement at 60 was a great relief TBH - I've been very lucky because now I can write music, play sport, go to the pub, faff about in the garden, do the crossword with a coffee every morning, take holidays (see you in Feb Kev) do a bit of consultancy when I feel like it and the only politicians I have to deal with are the idiots on the telly.
I certainly know a lot more about how government really works than a middle management secretariat bean counter in small council at the bottom of the chain - and am trying my utmost to forget it Smile

:facepalm:

If you say so...

The reason I continue to laugh at you in respect of telling us how you KNOW how government works was because you once posted such based on your experience of working in an NGO - clearly forgetting (or probably not knowing) what NGO was the abbreviation for!

And my point of posting what I did above was to again explain what goes on here - namely you are obsessed with me, feel the need to troll me/take the piss/whatever, without any reason and I just respond by laughing at the stupidity of what you have posted in the past.

Funny in view of all you've wrote above about your deep knowledge and understanding of how government works by all that experience you claimed to have had that you still posted such utter crap about how Civil 'Servants' do what they are told by their political 'masters' and that Sue Gray would write what Boris told her to do because she was just his 'servant' and the clue is in the title of what she/they are!

Sue Gray in fact didn't, she wrote her report completely independently of any political pressure or threats, submitted it to the Metropolitan Police, resulting in Johnson being publicly being find for breaking Covid rules!

Funny also that this apparent "middle management secretariat bean counter in small council at the bottom of the chain" actually knew the truth about how these things really work and who stated unequivocally that the Civil Service aren't the 'servants' of any political party and do their jobs within the rules, regulation and legislation pertaining to their profession.

And with your latest abuse/piss take/troll/whatever of me being the FOURTH I've counted since your return a few days back then it is abundantly clear that you don't wish to moderate your obsession of me and stop the circle of what has been happening on here for the last four years - and which everyone (including myself) wishes would stop.

I therefore give you (and everybody else) fair warning that the next time you do so will trigger an automatic ban.

15NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:29 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread is for NFL only chaps.

16NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:18 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steelers v Bengals - what a finish!

17NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:19 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the Dolphins game - bit weird seeing Tyreek Hill in a Dolphins shirt. They look pretty handy this year.

18NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:18 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was exhausted after the Steelers game! Seemed like nobody wanted to win it for a while but glad we did  Very Happy

19NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:54 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I was exhausted after the Steelers game! Seemed like nobody wanted to win it for a while but glad we did  Very Happy
Could have gone either way at the end despite Steelers leading for so long. There were some cracking games TBH and it was strange watching the new look teams - given me a taster for the season ahead.

20NFL's back  (again!) Empty Re: NFL's back (again!) Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:35 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Weirdly, the Chiefs look better this season even without Hill and they seem to have recruited well picking up some impressive rookies who all performed well first time out, especially Pacheco. As one guy put it: "Chiefs traded in a Cheetah (Hill) for a pack of hyenas. Chiefs look way more dangerous now they have 3RBs they can rotate, 2 maybe 3 TE's and still have burners with that WR group and the Defense looking nice! Pacheco def going to be a problem for defenses deeper in the season".

Well the defence may look nice to this guy but I'm not buying it - the problem with the Chiefs is their defence, but they set their stall out simply to outscore the opposition - hence I predict a lot of highly entertaining games.

I think they're in a tough division but whatever their chances, I do like watching Mahomes producing his magic and Andy Reed's creative plays. Very entertaining team - but they will probably get murdered if/when they come up against some of the big boys like the Bills. Here they are scoring 44 points against the Cardinals....and conceding 21 Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum