Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton

+3
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Fri Dec 09 2022, 10:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Dec 10 2022, 14:40; edited 1 time in total

2Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Fri Dec 09 2022, 10:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Home win, can't see us scoring with the Charles/Kachunga dream team up top.

3Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Fri Dec 09 2022, 18:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FYI: There will be no radio nuts for this game!!!

4Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Fri Dec 09 2022, 18:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Home win, can't see us scoring with the Charles/Kachunga dream team up top.
Likewise Nat, if Evatt continues with the Charles Kachunga formation we will struggle. I’d really like to see him try Sadlier alongside Charles but I don’t see Evatt doing something as adventurous? My fear is our defence, especially without Rico, despite the criticisms we make of him, he does deal with big defenders well. They are very dangerous from set pieces and I expect Shrewsbury to score at least from one of them. That’s assuming of course that the game is on which I severely doubt looking at the weather forecast!! If it does go ahead I’ll say 1-1.

5Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 10 2022, 14:39

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Big chance for three points missed.

What the fcuk was DAPO doing at the end of the game?

6Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 10 2022, 14:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe what I've just seen.

7Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 10 2022, 15:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of the worst quality games I've seen in a while.  Mostly head tennis and hoofs up the park.
Behind after 60 seconds again due to a ball passed directly out of play then the ensuing throw in and simple cross into our box.  I counted at least 12 passes put right out of play.
Our first goal was quality. I thought we would go on from there but nope. To top it off Ian waited too long for the subs, so they had no time or chances to make an impact.
Bottom line is that we missed another opportunity to move up the table today against a poor side.

8Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 10 2022, 17:09

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:One of the worst quality games I've seen in a while.  Mostly head tennis and hoofs up the park.
Behind after 60 seconds again due to a ball passed directly out of play then the ensuing throw in and simple cross into our box.  I counted at least 12 passes put right out of play.
Our first goal was quality. I thought we would go on from there but nope. To top it off Ian waited too long for the subs, so they had no time or chances to make an impact.
Bottom line is that we missed another opportunity to move up the table today against a poor side.
Sorry TA but I have to completely disagree with you on the subs. I actually thought there was no point in changing anything with both Charles and Dapo still causing Shrewsbury problems. Neither Bod nor Baka made any impact on the game at all and in fact Bod looked to be keeping well away from any kind of physical contact and who can blame him? No, for me Evatt got that completely wrong. I do though agree with your last point about another wasted opportunity against a poor team that we should have beaten comfortably.

9Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 10 2022, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm almost past caring now.

I've been saying we need at least one shithousing central midfielder since the fooking Summer, but Evans thinks he can win games playing "Brand Evans".

Once again we got bullied. And we will again. But the manager will still do things his way.

Which is why we'll still be in League 1 next season and the season after that.

10Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 11 2022, 09:01

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

That was a disappointing defeat, I saw Bolton were 2-1 up and I was thinking nice. Checked 20 mins later and they lost. Something is not right. Away from home you see the true character of a team, how strong a team is, how good a manager is and how good a team is tactically. Reminds me of Owen Coyle in charge, clueless away from home. Never going to do much if you can only win 30% of away games.

11Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 11 2022, 16:43

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sorry TA but I have to completely disagree with you on the subs. I actually thought there was no point in changing anything with both Charles and Dapo still causing Shrewsbury problems. Neither Bod nor Baka made any impact on the game at all and in fact Bod looked to be keeping well away from any kind of physical contact and who can blame him? No, for me Evatt got that completely wrong. I do though agree with your last point about another wasted opportunity against a poor team that we should have beaten comfortably.
I agree , Evans should have left the team alone, Dapo was still active and Charles was on a high from scoring two goals and no doubt hoping for a hat-trick. Complete misreading of the psychology of a striker with a chance of a hat-trick. 
Unless we can get a couple of good loan signings in quickly in January we are destined to a slow slide down the table.  The fact that we are still in the top six after this abysmal run shows just how mediocre this league is.

12Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 11 2022, 17:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm almost past caring now.

I've been saying we need at least one shithousing central midfielder since the fooking Summer, but Evans thinks he can win games playing "Brand Evans".

Once again we got bullied. And we will again. But the manager will still do things his way.

Which is why we'll still be in League 1 next season and the season after that.
I know just what you mean about getting bullied.  

The team are just too lightweight to compete  with any other team that has some height and muscle.

There is no point having 60plus % of the ball if you don't make use of that possession, points aren't awarded for going sideways and making pretty triangles.

The third goal was typical of the kind of goal we cannot defend against. Three or four big buggers in the box and we fold like a paper bag.

Why can we Never make use of a corner to score a goal, why can we never use a free- kick to score a goal and why do we not have any big buggers who can get stuck in when it's needed.

I imagine quite a few of the team are great at flower arranging, but they are fcuk all useful at fighting and digging out a win to get us out of League One.

13Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 13 2022, 18:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree completely Cajun we’re just too nicey nicey all round. It’s hard not to agree with Nat that what we need is a couple of real shit house tough guys to unsettle teams. I fully accept that Evatt wants to play football but even in the PL you need muscle in the team. Look at our defence and we’re lightweight, out jumped and out muscled both in attack and defence. Santos hasn’t scored in two and a half seasons despite his size and neither Jones nor Johnson have any physicality against the opposition. So let’s see how they get on against Manure kids tonight because if they can’t beat them there really is little hope for us. As you say, the fact we’re still 5th after the run we’ve had really shows how average this league is and how if we had a half decent team we’d walk out of it. Sadly I’m not optimistic for January because Evatt will probably just replace like with like but you never know he might surprise us for once?

14Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Shrewsbury 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 13 2022, 21:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: It’s hard not to agree with Nat

If you agreed with me more often you'd be right more often.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum