Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury

+5
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Fri Apr 21 2023, 14:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like ourselves I understand Shrewsbury are dealing with a lot of injuries.  Hopefully this will work in our favour and we can grab the 3 points.  

Kieran Lee is back in contention, maybe Bodvarsson will be named on the bench?

I am pretty confident we can win this one, and we need to!

2Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Fri Apr 21 2023, 14:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll win but not by much, i'll go 2-1 to the Super Whites. Need to start Dion this week for definite as Victor and Jerome don't fill me with confidence. If Lee is fit he needs to start as well.

3Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Fri Apr 21 2023, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be a draw. We haven't scored more than a goal in a match for ages. 2 wins in 8.

Shite.

1-1.

4Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Fri Apr 21 2023, 15:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
We need to get four wheels back on the waggon.

I could imagine Evans as a cowboy.

Not sure if he could cope with those swinging doors though on the saloon bar.

5Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Fri Apr 21 2023, 16:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Like ourselves I understand Shrewsbury are dealing with a lot of injuries.  Hopefully this will work in our favour and we can grab the 3 points.  

Kieran Lee is back in contention, maybe Bodvarsson will be named on the bench?

I am pretty confident we can win this one, and we need to!
Injuries and suspensions Btid, although I understand Bowman at least is back for tomorrow. They only had 3 on the bench in midweek and I think they were young players so they seem to be worse off than us if anything so surely we must win. They haven’t won in their last 8 games so surely these are ones to make hay against. They’ve nothing really to play for now, although that’s not always a guide, but surely we should at least improve on our 1 goal per game stat. I expect a comfy win so 3-0 to the Wanderers.

6Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Fri Apr 21 2023, 16:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We could win this game, but it won't be comfy.

It will be 95 minutes of nail-biting agony.

7Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 02:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Life savings on a Bolton win. 😀

8Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 09:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 09:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they don't win this game then they can kiss goodbye to their playoff dreams!

10Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 13:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 13:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

"Where the listener comes first!"

12Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 14:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 14:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:If they don't win this game then they can kiss goodbye to their playoff dreams!
Do you think so KP? There’s every chance Posh could lose today against Ipswich and you wouldn’t put it past Burton to pinch something at Derby as they’ve done against several top teams, us included. Should they do that even a loss today would leave us pretty much as you were but certainly a win is what we need and to be fair what we should get.

14Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 16:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
karlypants wrote:If they don't win this game then they can kiss goodbye to their playoff dreams!
Do you think so KP? There’s every chance Posh could lose today against Ipswich and you wouldn’t put it past Burton to pinch something at Derby as they’ve done against several top teams, us included. Should they do that even a loss today would leave us pretty much as you were but certainly a win is what we need and to be fair what we should get.
It’s in our hands to lose to be honest.

We have won again but only by a margin which didn’t give you much feeling of confidence with the pressure being on!

15Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 18:33

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know the score sounds close but to be fair we murdered them after half time and but for bad luck and great keeping we’d have had 3 or 4. Yes we missed a couple of one on ones but again you have to credit the keeper for doing his job. Compare him to Traf who I don’t think had one serious save to make? We found a way to win though and that’s what’s important so one more win on Tuesday should do it I think?

16Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sat Apr 22 2023, 18:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I know the score sounds close but to be fair we murdered them after half time and but for bad luck and great keeping we’d have had 3 or 4. Yes we missed a couple of one on ones but again you have to credit the keeper for doing his job. Compare him to Traf who I don’t think had one serious save to make? We found a way to win though and that’s what’s important so one more win on Tuesday should do it I think?
I hope you are right but I have a feeling that it will go right down to the wire. We are in the mix with Derby and Peterborough with not much in it score wise. 

Hope I’m wrong though! Smile

17Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sun Apr 23 2023, 09:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor first half, but that seems standard for the team right now.

Second half much better, played some good stuff and with decent strikers we'd have won that game by 3 or 4 goals. What is it with our strikers and one-on-ones with the goalkeeper - we never seem to score. Charles might have 20 goals but a McGinlay or Walker at this level scores 40 with the chances we've created this season.

We should comfortably make the play-offs from here, but I just don't see us scoring enough goals to beat Sheff Weds or Barnsley over two legs.

18Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sun Apr 23 2023, 13:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Although I agree with Ian about them playing 10 behind the ball - explain to me why we take a short corner that ends up going all the way back to Traf who then hoofs it up the park to turn over possession. Multiple cases of not putting the ball in the box again. That's the first half summary.
Of course we were far the best team but how about starting fast out of the gate for a change.
I am not normally an MJ fan but over the last few games he has been MOM followed by Dempsey.
Considering goal difference might come into play lets put three past Accrington on Tuesday.
COYWM

19Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Sun Apr 23 2023, 23:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well at least Accy shouldn’t come and park the bus because they need 3 points more than we do and a draw would suit them far less. So on that basis I expect 3 points and 3 goals because we’ve just been very unlucky in our last two not to have won much more comfortably. Hopefully Accys keeper won’t have a day like Marosi did on Saturday and our attempts will pay off. I’d start the same eleven because it worked well but it wouldn’t amaze me if there were a surprise or two?

20Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Mon Apr 24 2023, 00:52

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Given our situation in defense, pretty sure Evatt’s happy to revert to grinding down the opposition and grabbing 1-0 wins late on for the rest of the season. He knows that approach very well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum