Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury

+5
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Mon Apr 24 2023, 08:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor first half as we tried to pass them to death and make them fall asleep i think. Randell Williams never took on his man at all first half but then looked much better second half. 

It is frustrating watching teams come to our place and waste time from minute one but i suppose we have to find a way past the 10 man defence and time wasting.

I think MJ looks much better as CB and it could turn out to be a new role for him, it at least makes him more likely to stay as he can play in different positions.

22Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Shrewsbury Mon Apr 24 2023, 09:12

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I think it was exactly IE’s plan to wear them down during the first half and win the match in the second. When a team has to defend like that it’s not just physically wearing, but mentally also, maybe more so. Sooner or later defensive mistakes happen. 
Regarding MJ, I think he’s doing a great job playing out of position, but his lack of speed leads us to be less aggressive by having to play a it such a high line. Having said that he did pass the first presser a few times on Saturday.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum