Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Barnsley

+18
NickFazer
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
inf
terenceanne
Lyric Todkill
WhiteBic
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:52

What a glorious day!!! Our superstar scores a hat-trick and your team can't beat Barnsley at home. It's been worth relegation to see this.

42Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Nov 17 2012, 20:56

Hipster - I have removed your post. This is a thread about the game, not about your petty squabble with other posters.

43Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Nov 17 2012, 21:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by Hipster_Nebula on Sat Nov 17 2012, 21:51; edited 1 time in total

44Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sat Nov 17 2012, 21:01

I enjoyed the game, but once again it was very frustrating. The simple fact is we don't have the players to open up these teams. Blackburn, Cardiff, Leicester and Hull do - it's that simple.

I really wish Freedman would give Mark Davies a run as a striker with Ngog or Sordell, we look completely blunt in attack right now.

45Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 00:58

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Just so you know. Petrov was not injured. Freedman told me this personally on the radio. "Everyone is fighting for a place and I felt we needed more defensive cover on the bench".

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

46Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 10:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Game highlights available on the multimedia page [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

47Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:47

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton Hater wrote:What a glorious day!!! Our superstar scores a hat-trick and your team can't beat Barnsley at home. It's been worth relegation to see this.

It was worth being relegated so you could beat Peterborough? Oh dear!

48Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 14:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Just so you know. Petrov was not injured. Freedman told me this personally on the radio. "Everyone is fighting for a place and I felt we needed more defensive cover on the bench".

Well how does that work ? Dougie basically selected a 4-4-2 with Spearing, Davies, Butterfield and Eagles in midfield and Ngog and Davies up front. It looks to me he was looking for all three points and yet he can't find room for Petrov and Sordell on the bench ????

49Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 17:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I must admit seeing petrov and lee dropped yesterday baffled me, Petrov has been decent this season and offers something different on the left.

50Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 19:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

For those at the game: how was this lad Butterfield?

51Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 20:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:For those at the game: how was this lad Butterfield?

He was very solid. He covered a lot of ground and made some timely interceptions. It was obvious he was up for the game and the general consensus was that he did okay. He was brought off in the second half and replaced by Andrews.

52Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:28

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:He was brought off in the second half and replaced by Andrews.

At which point, we were destined to throw 2 points away...

Dougie is a smart guy though, he'll surely now realise that Andrews is one of Coyles worst pieces of business.

53Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could be wrong but i assumed that sub was something to do with match fitness.

54Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As far as I understand things -

Warnock was subbed because he was ill - not injured, Butterdield subbed because he hadn't played much football lately and Petrov was not selected at all, not because he was injured (Iles tweeted about the Petrov one).

I guess it was a bit of a risk playing a 'sick' Warnock - knowing that he would probably have to commit to two like for like subs at or around the hour mark - Butterfield being unlikely to last 90 minutes.

No idea what the position is about Sordell now - looking very likely now that Coyle got stitched up and bought a £3 million duffer!

Thanks Owen.

55Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I could be wrong but i assumed that sub was something to do with match fitness.

It was indeed. Butterfield didn't put a foot wrong and Dougie clearly brought him off just to introduce a fresh pair of legs.

56Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:As far as I understand things -

Warnock was subbed because he was ill - not injured, Butterdield subbed because he hadn't played much football lately and Petrov was not selected at all, not because he was injured (Iles tweeted about the Petrov one).

I guess it was a bit of a risk playing a 'sick' Warnock - knowing that he would probably have to commit to two like for like subs at or around the hour mark - Butterfield being unlikely to last 90 minutes.

No idea what the position is about Sordell now - looking very likely now that Coyle got stitched up and bought a £3 million duffer!

Thanks Owen.

Warnock took a knock ( no pun intended ) He held his hand up to come off. He played fine and there was no suggestion that he was ill to be honest. If he was ill before the game then surely Dougie would have excluded him from the squad ?

57Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:48

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I could be wrong but i assumed that sub was something to do with match fitness

It was indeed. Butterfield didn't put a foot wrong and Dougie clearly brought him off just to introduce a fresh pair of legs.

Just a shame that fresh pair of legs belonged to Keith Andrews! I think I'd rather have Pratley. (and that's saying something.)

58Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles tweet from yesterday -

Petrov absence purely down to selection. Warnock had been unwell in midweek and needed to come off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

59Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have not been impressed with Andrews, he has a funny shaped head. Mills hasn't rocked my boat either, and Ricketts crosses, since his return have not been top drawer. We SHOULD have enough quality within the squad to start making in-roads up the table but we do not seem capable of clawing our way out of the bottom half. The longer it goes on the more it worries me.

We can't afford to let the gap get too wide. No criticism of Dougie because it is early days but he seriously needs to get his act together between now and January.

60Bolton 1-1 Barnsley - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Sun Nov 18 2012, 21:59

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems to me what we are going through, this transsition period, is basically Dougie's version of pre-season friendlies were he is trying different combinations and partnerships - something that Coyle didn't do. unfortunately, for Dougie, we are playing these games in the actual League. I just hope we settle down as quickly as possible and start playing the way Dougie wants us to play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum