Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early Impressions Of Freedman?

+21
jayjay23
inf
WhiteBic
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Culcheth_White
Barryjw
xmiles
Lyric Todkill
Sgt. Bash
Angry Dad
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

What do you make of Freedman so far?

Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_lcap2%Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_lcap8%Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_lcap48%Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_rcap 48% [ 25 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_lcap33%Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_rcap 33% [ 17 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_lcap8%Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_lcap1%Early Impressions Of Freedman? Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 52

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sat Nov 17 2012, 22:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's early days in the Freedman reign, and while we are yet to taste defeat we've not exactly set the league alight. With Crystal Palace and co seemingly winning every week automatic promotion seems nothing more than a pipe dream.

So what of Dougie Freedman? Have you seen any improvements or is he just another Jock out of his depth?

2Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sat Nov 17 2012, 22:52

i feel a lot more upbeat than I did a few weeks ago. i don't think we'll go up, but i think we'll be pushing for the play-offs. which is exciting!

3Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sat Nov 17 2012, 22:54

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Not as good as I'd hoped, but four games unbeaten is something to build on. It does worry me that Freedman seems reliant on Kevin Davies, just like Mr Coyle.

4Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sat Nov 17 2012, 23:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't believe in the "Rome wasn't built in a day" supporter mentality. I was more concerned about DF showing instantaneous indications of having a good tactical nous than him coming in and delivering instantaneous good results (they aren't necessarily the same things!). So granted, six points from twelve isn't bad going, all things considered, but is besides the point. You can still question a manager's tactical nous irrespective of form.

And so far, I'm underwhelmed!

5Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sat Nov 17 2012, 23:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Average start but he is working with coyles shit and left the players, especially the defence very low on confidence which Dougie is trying to improve.

It will take time for him to get the side how he wants it and we are unbeaten so that's a positive for sure but I don't expect even us to make play off on current form and playing style.

I expect him to make a few changes in January because in a way I feel for him for having to work with the worst 2 centre backs ever to grace the reebok in a white shirt.

6Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 01:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

doffcocker wrote:I don't believe in the "Rome wasn't built in a day" supporter mentality. I was more concerned about DF showing instantaneous indications of having a good tactical nous than him coming in and delivering instantaneous good results (they aren't necessarily the same things!). So granted, six points from twelve isn't bad going, all things considered, but is besides the point. You can still question a manager's tactical nous irrespective of form.

And so far, I'm underwhelmed!

Can't disagree with Doffcocker on any of this. I would prefer to see a manager who appears to be doing the right things even if the results don't start out that well. To see more of the same with an average run of form is less than inspiring.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

7Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 01:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Average start but he is working with coyles shit and left the players, especially the defence very low on confidence which Dougie is trying to improve.

It will take time for him to get the side how he wants it and we are unbeaten so that's a positive for sure but I don't expect even us to make play off on current form and playing style.

I expect him to make a few changes in January because in a way I feel for him for having to work with the worst 2 centre backs ever to grace the reebok in a white shirt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 01:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Average start but he is working with coyles shit and left the players, especially the defence very low on confidence which Dougie is trying to improve.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But what we do have available could be used in a better and more effective way. Don't you think so? Would you have picked those start 11's or kept Davies (who was knackered) on for 90 mins?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

9Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 01:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have subbed him, but hopefully Freedman will work that out.

10Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was hoping for more, but it's still early days. There have been one or two bright moments but equally there have been signs that not much has changed. Defence is marginally better but I'd have thought that by now he would have had a good look at all the squad and experimented with alternative systems that give us more of a cutting edge with some changes in selection. So either the rest of the squad are just not good enough or DF hasn't got the nous or bravery to try something else. We'll see.

11Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:13

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Too early to get a real impression of Freedmans management skills. Not much has changed yet and I haven't agreed with all his selections, tactics and substitutions tbh. I do think we've probably got more points in the last few games than we would've under Coyle though. I think we have to give him this season to sort Coyles mess out and then we'll see what he's capable off next season when he's got his own team in place.

12Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Too early to get a real impression of Freedmans management skills. Not much has changed yet and I haven't agreed with all his selections, tactics and substitutions tbh. I do think we've probably got more points in the last few games than we would've under Coyle though. I think we have to give him this season to sort Coyles mess out and then we'll see what he's capable off next season when he's got his own team in place.

I'm not sure he'll be given the time he needs, especially if we lose a few with this same team and system. Our fans are very impatient.

13Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I will let you know in may.

14Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:40

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good start, but further improvement needed

We're unbeaten, but we need to learn how to defend leads and/or finish off our opponents.

15Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 11:46

Good start but further improvement needed, only voted for this because couldn't see the "he must be fucking insane to leave Palace for us" option.

16Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 12:43

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Could/should have won 3

Not overimpressed

17Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 13:22

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I wonder if he's regretting leaving Palace yet?

To be fair to him he must have done something right there because they are still doing pretty well. I will give him more time but like most of us I thought yesterday's team sheet could have been drawn up by clueless himself.

18Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 13:35

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

At the moment i'm probably among the "cup half full" fans. I do see clearly attempts have been made to organise us and changed our shape and try to make us more difficult to beat which is promising for the future and am looking forward to the January window.

In yesterdays game his substitute options were restricted owing to the Warnock injury and Butterfields lack of 90 minute fitness. Certainly Eggnogs non existant contribution waranted being pulled instead of a surprisingly more effective threat on the day by SKD. We badly need a natural goalscorer to take advantage of the chances created.

19Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 15:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Dougie has a huge challenge on his hands. I hope he proves to be a ruthless manager and it's time for a BWFC cull!

Out should go Bogdan, Mears, Mills, Ream, Alonso, Andrews, Pratley, Sordell, Afobe (back to Arsenal) the sooner that lot goes, the better!

I actually feel sorry for Dougie, the stress of having to deal with this mess at his young age and for a salary of just £500K pa! Shocked

20Early Impressions Of Freedman? Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 15:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Culcheth_White wrote:Dougie has a huge challenge on his hands. I hope he proves to be a ruthless manager and it's time for a BWFC cull!

Out should go Bogdan, Mears, Mills, Ream, Alonso, Andrews, Pratley, Sordell, Afobe (back to Arsenal) the sooner that lot goes, the better!

I actually feel sorry for Dougie, the stress of having to deal with this mess at his young age and for a salary of just £500K pa! Shocked

I wouldn't miss Mears, Andrews and Pratley but getting rid of Bogdan, Mills, Ream and Alonso as well means we need a new keeper and several defenders with bugger all money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum