Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early Impressions Of Freedman?

+21
jayjay23
inf
WhiteBic
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Culcheth_White
Barryjw
xmiles
Lyric Todkill
Sgt. Bash
Angry Dad
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

What do you make of Freedman so far?

Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% [ 25 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 33% [ 17 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 52

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:02

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I want a manager who will make bigger changes. LSL and JP came in for a couple of games and you could literally see the new instructions being put into practice on the pitch and with subs being made at less obvious times. For example, we had 2 men left forward on corners and as a result you could see a different mentality where the clearance would e made and the forward players would either hold the ball up or put pressure on the oppo. It greatly reduced pressure on us. I want to see more of this.

42Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:06

nobby

David Ngog
David Ngog

doffcocker wrote:I don't believe in the "Rome wasn't built in a day" supporter mentality. I was more concerned about DF showing instantaneous indications of having a good tactical nous than him coming in and delivering instantaneous good results (they aren't necessarily the same things!). So granted, six points from twelve isn't bad going, all things considered, but is besides the point. You can still question a manager's tactical nous irrespective of form.

And so far, I'm underwhelmed!

My very first post on here, so see if it works!

Just wanted to highlight a game where we did see a huge difference to the way we have played in recent years - flowing football, a confident team, a change in approach with quick free-kicks and throw-ins going to feet. One instance of poor defending and a very soft penalty looked to have sealed our fate, but we came back from 2-0 down.......who was in charge?

Jimmy Phillips and Sammy Lee........

The solution may have been right under our nose all the time, but we have moved on. Hope Dougie works out, but it still feels like Kevin Davies must have a catalogue of football managers in compromising positions to keep playing 90 minutes week in, week out....either that, or he's a dab hand with photoshop!

Last edited by nobby on Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake!)

43Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:08

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

nobby wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I don't believe in the "Rome wasn't built in a day" supporter mentality. I was more concerned about DF showing instantaneous indications of having a good tactical nous than him coming in and delivering instantaneous good results (they aren't necessarily the same things!). So granted, six points from twelve isn't bad going, all things considered, but is besides the point. You can still question a manager's tactical nous irrespective of form.

And so far, I'm underwhelmed!

Just wanted to highlight a game where we did see a huge difference to the way we have played in recent years - flowing football, a confident team, a change in approach with quick free-kicks and throw-ins going to feet. One instance of poor defending and a very soft penalty looked to have sealed our fate, but we came back from 2-0 down.......who was in charge?

The solution may have been right under our nose all the time, but we have moved on. Hope Dougie works out, but it still feels like Kevin Davies must have a catalogue of football managers in comprimising positions to keep playing 90 minutes week in, week out....either that, or he's a dab hand with photoshop!

The best first post ever! Welcome!

44Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:09

nobby

David Ngog
David Ngog

jayjay23 wrote:I want a manager who will make bigger changes. LSL and JP came in for a couple of games and you could literally see the new instructions being put into practice on the pitch and with subs being made at less obvious times. For example, we had 2 men left forward on corners and as a result you could see a different mentality where the clearance would e made and the forward players would either hold the ball up or put pressure on the oppo. It greatly reduced pressure on us. I want to see more of this.

Unbelievable....I have just highlighted pretty much the same damn thing! :-)

45Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:22

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we should meet! HaHa

46Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ are we still banging on about the "dream team"

:facepalm:

they were definitely tactical wizards who revolutionsied us.

47Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: revolutionsied

You need to spel propar Engrish if you wish to get your mesage across. tongue

48Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

apologies revolutionised****

49Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thank goodness you didn't spell it the US way with "z"!!!

50Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:13

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Damb Rite

51Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Thank goodness you didn't spell it the US way with "z"!!!

I know! Can you imagine the horror of something like that.

::seething::

52Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

nobby wrote:

The solution may have been right under our nose all the time, but we have moved on. Hope Dougie works out, but it still feels like Kevin Davies must have a catalogue of football managers in compromising positions to keep playing 90 minutes week in, week out....either that, or he's a dab hand with photoshop!

Good opening post Nobby. I thought Jimmy, Sammy and Julian might have been given a bit longer tbh. We didn't play that badly when we lost at Boro.

53Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 19:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The same people who have basically written off Dougie (because he likes Kevin Davies) wanted to give "the dream team" more time, but are unwilling to do so with Dougie.

sentiment nothing more.

54Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 20:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The same people who have basically written off Dougie (because he likes Kevin Davies) wanted to give "the dream team" more time, but are unwilling to do so with Dougie.

sentiment nothing more.

I'm pissed off with Kevin Davies being in the team and I didn't want "the dream team" to be given more time.

I thought the Bristol match could be compared to several games in Coyle's first full season where he made some changes and we resultantly came back from losing positions, scoring goals of excellent quality in the process.
We then go to Wolves, enjoy a lot of possession but don't look dangerous going forward, yet wide open at the back nonetheless. KDavies is ineffectual but lasts the full 90.
Next up is Boro, where we once again struggle to create and are even wider open at the back. KDavies is ineffectual but lasts the full 90.
I don't think there was near enough evidence that JP and co had ideas any more inspiring than those of Coyle.

In fairness, I don't think anybody is writing Dougie off. If you've got a manager that's been in charge four matches and is making decisions and saying things that make you go "what the fuck?", you're entitled to have your concerns without actually concluding that they're not up to the job.

P.S. Good opening post, nobby. Welcome!

55Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Thu Nov 22 2012, 21:42

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

I for one am not impressed with Dougie, To me he seem a 50/50 clone of Megson and Coyle.
Megson i.e. when we go 1-0 up he will get the team to sit back and try hold on and the team drop deeper and deeper.
Coyle i.e. Playing players out of position (N'Gog on Left, Mavies very deep, When Petrov is pick puts him on the right) and then his team selections are baffling how as Spearing not played in every game under him, Not Petrov at all last week, Playing Buttercup for 70 mins the lad as not played a game this season before Barnsley game, Marvin sordell may as well be dead,the lad says hes home sick and Dougie says he quality, If hes that good fucking play him and make him feel welcome and part of the team. I could go on and on. But for now I am going to back Dougie and give him time.

56Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 3 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Thu Nov 22 2012, 23:24

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

LeedsWanderer wrote:...But for now I am going to back Dougie and give him time.

I'm glad you added that bit - I was expecting a "Freedman out!" at the end otherwise!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum