Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early Impressions Of Freedman?

+21
jayjay23
inf
WhiteBic
MartinBWFC
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Culcheth_White
Barryjw
xmiles
Lyric Todkill
Sgt. Bash
Angry Dad
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
summercummings
Natasha Whittam
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

What do you make of Freedman so far?

Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% [ 25 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% [ 17 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% [ 4 ]
Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 52

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 16:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I notice non of the above cuts include SKD .....who I think is one of our highest paid donkey's. Overall I agree with most of the list.

22Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Sun Nov 18 2012, 16:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mears didn't play too badly when he came on after Warnock was crocked and Spearing looked solid as well. Mills tends to boot the ball forward at every opportunity with no real target in mind.

Considering Butterfield has been out with an injury I thought he worked hard and would hopefully look at extending his loan beyond a month. Him and Spearing could form a decent partnership allowing Mark Davies to roam forward and create opportunities.

I'm still not sure what Petrov has done wrong or why Sordell can't even make the bench?

P.S. I am in the 44% group at the moment.

23Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 08:05

Not sure how anybody can say there hasn't been an improvement on what Coyle was doing. We would of lost not drawn most of those games with Coyle. Yes freedman's team selections been a bit strange at times but he's only just in the job and I'm sorry doffcocker but Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm not going to judge him for a good while yet.

One positive thing is the fact that he's flexible with his tactics and is clearly looking to change them depending on the opposition, think he felt we needed 2 up front to break down Barnsley. I think we look better going forward with 4-2-3-1, so hopefully he's learnt his lesson from the weekend and won't be doing it again. I'd guess petrov and sordell aren't making the team because of their attitude in training, so he's not taking shit off the 'overpaid ponces'

24Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 09:00

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There is only so much a manager can do especially with an unfit bunch of players who have no moral boosting attributes for at least 2 years.

Basically these first few weeks have been about getting match fit, closely getting to know the players abilities, concentrating on the weaknesses and seeing if new partnerships or formations will work - basically stuff that Coyle should have been doing over the summer and with the pre-season friendlies!!

It was never going to be an instant hit machine especially with the lathargic approach that Coyle took. But I do believe that we are heading in the right direction. When was the last time we went 4 games unbeaten???

25Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 10:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I wonder if he's regretting leaving Palace yet?

To be fair to him he must have done something right there because they are still doing pretty well. I will give him more time but like most of us I thought yesterday's team sheet could have been drawn up by clueless himself.

Looking at the comments made by the Palace Chairman, I got the impression that Dougie was being kicked out anyway - and he landed on his feet when our job came along.

Whether he was being shown the door at that exact moment is unclear but there were a lot of problems/differences of opimion by all accounts.

26Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 10:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:Not sure how anybody can say there hasn't been an improvement on what Coyle was doing. We would of lost not drawn most of those games with Coyle. Yes freedman's team selections been a bit strange at times but he's only just in the job and I'm sorry doffcocker but Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm not going to judge him for a good while yet.

One positive thing is the fact that he's flexible with his tactics and is clearly looking to change them depending on the opposition, think he felt we needed 2 up front to break down Barnsley. I think we look better going forward with 4-2-3-1, so hopefully he's learnt his lesson from the weekend and won't be doing it again. I'd guess petrov and sordell aren't making the team because of their attitude in training, so he's not taking shit off the 'overpaid ponces'

With all due respect we did't play 2 up top against Barnsley. Ngog played out wide. Started on one wing and then swapped with Eagles.

And, whilst there have been changes of a sort I am fearful that Freedman might b a bit of a one trick pony man like Coyle. He will have his way and he will stick to it regardless of what happens. We shall see.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

27Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 10:41

wanderlust wrote:
Looking at the comments made by the Palace Chairman, I got the impression that Dougie was being kicked out anyway - and he landed on his feet when our job came along.

Whether he was being shown the door at that exact moment is unclear but there were a lot of problems/differences of opimion by all accounts.

Not the case, he was definitely not being kicked out, and they certainly weren't happy to lose him.

28Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 10:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Not the case, he was definitely not being kicked out, and they certainly weren't happy to lose him.

They were not prepared to discuss a new contract with him until the end of the season when his contract was up. It was also intimated that Zaha would be sold in January to the highest bidder and that Dougie would have £1 million to spend on new players. Dougie was allegedly the lowest paid Championship manager on 100k so when we offered him a 3 year contract at 500k per year it was a no brainer.

29Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:22

Biggie wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Not sure how anybody can say there hasn't been an improvement on what Coyle was doing. We would of lost not drawn most of those games with Coyle. Yes freedman's team selections been a bit strange at times but he's only just in the job and I'm sorry doffcocker but Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm not going to judge him for a good while yet.

With all due respect we did't play 2 up top against Barnsley. Ngog played out wide. Started on one wing and then swapped with Eagles.

And, whilst there have been changes of a sort I am fearful that Freedman might b a bit of a one trick pony man like Coyle. He will have his way and he will stick to it regardless of what happens. We shall see.

Fair enough, I read the teamsheet wrong then.

I don't understand the one trick pony part? Is that because he's playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1?

He's experimenting with personnel, he's barely been in the job and already people are panicking and comparing him to Coyle, I just think it's a bit ridiculous to be honest.

30Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

He's experimenting with personnel, he's barely been in the job and already people are panicking and comparing him to Coyle, I just think it's a bit ridiculous to be honest.

It's not ridiculous. Coyle gave Davies 90 minutes every week, Dougie has now gone down the same road. Coyle left Sordell out week after week, Dougie has gone down the same road. Coyle played people out of position, Dougie has gone down the same road.

Inept management in my book.

31Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 12:33

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

It's not ridiculous. Coyle gave Davies 90 minutes every week, Dougie has now gone down the same road. Coyle left Sordell out week after week, Dougie has gone down the same road. Coyle played people out of position, Dougie has gone down the same road.

Inept management in my book.

Playing players out of position may be inept, but it may be experimentation, give the guy a chance at least.

We're unbeaten in 4, it's hardly the worst start in the world. Hopefully he drops Davies again and we see N'gog starting, if he wants to play 4-2-3-1 it shouldn't take long to realise N'gog is better than Davies. The fact Sordell hasn't been played by 2 managers (and the dream team) consecutively surely suggests the problem is with him?

To judge a manager after 4 games is ridiculous.

32Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Playing players out of position may be inept, but it may be experimentation, give the guy a chance at least.

Experimenting using players out of position before letting them have a run in their natural position? Strange.

You know what, I'm sick of all this bullshit about tactics and formations. I just want a manager with the balls to drop Mark & Kevin Davies. I'd love to go to Brighton and play two strikers with pace, two wingers and two holding central midfielders.

This should be our front 6:

Afobe/Ngog Sordell

Petrov Spearing A N Other Eagles

No manager has tried this so far, yet to me it seems the obvious way to go.

33Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 14:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Experimenting using players out of position before letting them have a run in their natural position? Strange.

You know what, I'm sick of all this bullshit about tactics and formations. I just want a manager with the balls to drop Mark & Kevin Davies. I'd love to go to Brighton and play two strikers with pace, two wingers and two holding central midfielders.

This should be our front 6:

Afobe/Ngog Sordell

Petrov Spearing A N Other Eagles

No manager has tried this so far, yet to me it seems the obvious way to go.

This seems strange, but I find myself agreeing with you, there you go I said it.

34Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:This seems strange, but I find myself agreeing with you, there you go I said it.

Sometimes players just need to be told to go out and play football. Stop worrying about defence and go out there and score more goals than the opposition. We know our defence is shite, but we do have some potential going forward. Let's fucking use it and stop trying to find spots for the Davies twins.

35Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 14:25

I've been impressed with Mark Davies whenever I've seen him this season, he's one of few who looks after the ball when he gets it, I wouldn't drop him I'd get the best out of him. My team would be 4-2-3-1

Spearing Butterfield Eagles Mavies CYl Sordell/N'gog

But I'd try Sordell in the 3 behind a striker to see how he got on there too, if I was manager I'd be desperate to get him playing.

K Davies needs to be dropped for the good of the rest of the team though, we need more mobility and a striker with a good touch.

36Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 14:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I've been impressed with Mark Davies whenever I've seen him this season, he's one of few who looks after the ball when he gets it, I wouldn't drop him I'd get the best out of him. My team would be 4-2-3-1

Spearing Butterfield Eagles Mavies CYl Sordell/N'gog

But I'd try Sordell in the 3 behind a striker to see how he got on there too, if I was manager I'd be desperate to get him playing.

K Davies needs to be dropped for the good of the rest of the team though, we need more mobility and a striker with a good touch.

I agree with this post. I certainly wouldn't drop Mark Davies.

37Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 16:52

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think everyone needs to get off the guys back. He's been at the club 3 weeks, he has made some good decisions, the defence seems to be more solid and the results are slowly turning. I am fairly confident that it is just a matter of time until he finds his best XI and works out a system that works. In a few weeks time when things have clicked and we go on a winning streak you will be thinking that WhiteBic was right. There is an extremely good chance we can make the play offs imo.

38Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:14

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It's pretty early to judge him for his decisions. But i think we have improved since he took over.

And, as many says, he still need to find out what works and what doesn't. I think we will be ok soon.

January will be interesting - who does he want and who does he not want?

39Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:19

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

inf wrote:It's pretty early to judge him for his decisions. But i think we have improved since he took over.

And, as many says, he still need to find out what works and what doesn't. I think we will be ok soon.

January will be interesting - who does he want and who does he not want?

Exactly Inf, get rid of the unwanted, some shrewed purchases/loan deals and we will watch Bolton climb up the ladder. I for one is staying positive even though I was guilty of that during Coyles reign Razz

40Early Impressions Of Freedman? - Page 2 Empty Re: Early Impressions Of Freedman? Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:In a few weeks time when things have clicked and we go on a winning streak you will be thinking that WhiteBic was right.

Unlikely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum