Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Brighton

+26
doffcocker
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Spillthebeans
Dinae Moe Humm
Copper Dragon
JohannesburgWanderer
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Jamster26
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
wanderlust
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

101Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 22:25

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the dying ember's of Bolton's 1-0 win against Brighton and Hove Albion, the Seagulls saw striker Ashley Barnes be shown red by the referee. It was largely out of nowhere but Brighton had been pretty unhappy with the referee throughout the whole of the match as it seemed like they were not getting the calls they wanted. The red card was just about the last bit of action before the final whistle blew.

The incident was off the ball is it came as a complete shock to fans on both sides. The referee, Nigel Miller, would not speak directly to press following the match but The Argus, a newspaper in East Sussex, have confirmed what the reason for red was.

Per their report, the referee sent Barnes off for "misconduct, trying to trip the ref."

Barnes will miss a few games now as he has previously been suspended once for a red card, that one coming in a match with Sheffield Wednesday last month. That match was Brighton's last loss before this weekend.

The guy clearly has a screw lose and is in a lot of trouble as a result!

102Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 00:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

103Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 07:06

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Triumph wrote:lets just enjoy the moment.

Stop moaning then Laughing
Not moaning just repling to comments and stating facts, best time at the Reebok for years, fact! Very Happy

104Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 08:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoyed the game. It was end to end stuff with Brighton having more possession. Upson had a decent game against KD for a change. Brighton pass the ball around quite well and we were lucky to get all 3 points. Having said that, we didn't play at our best and still won so that bodes well.

Lonerghan, Spearing and Dawson were our outstanding performers and the daisycutter from Alonso was a joy to watch.

As for the KD / CD debate ? I would have brought CD on at the start of the second half to try and get another goal. Hanging onto a 1-0 lead is never easy but we beat a team of promotion contenders and our defence was resolute.

105Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 09:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:There is fair criticism and then there is a group of people who just slag him off all the time.

There are people that can see picking Kevin Davies every week will go just where it went under Owen Coyle - nowhere.

We have put ourselves in a good position, let's not ruin it by picking a striker who never scores.

A few weeks back Dougie was telling us Davies couldn't play two games in a week. He was right.

106Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 09:40

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's played the last two games and we won.

Kind of proves you're talking shit.

As usual.

107Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 09:52

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Really don't understand the Kevin Davies bashing. Yeah, he wasn't great, but neither were any of our other attacking players. He still won most things in the air though and caused a few problem.

Anyway, really good win. We perhaps should have taken the one or two golden chances to finish the game off but alas, Brighton are a really good passing side and they dictated the play late on but they never really troubled Longergan, and when our defence was called upon, we answered the call and kept the back door shut.

I don't think it's just Brighton we shoud be aiming to over-take in the play-offs though, if we keep on picking up wins we can perhaps start to talk about overtaking the teams like Hull, Leicester etc. No reason why we can't do that given our never say die attitude that Freedman has instill in the team.

Onward and upwards!

108Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:00

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jamster26 wrote:Really don't understand the Kevin Davies bashing. Yeah, he wasn't great, but neither were any of our other attacking players. He still won most things in the air though and caused a few problem.

Anyway, really good win. We perhaps should have taken the one or two golden chances to finish the game off but alas, Brighton are a really good passing side and they dictated the play late on but they never really troubled Longergan, and when our defence was called upon, we answered the call and kept the back door shut.

I don't think it's just Brighton we shoud be aiming to over-take in the play-offs though, if we keep on picking up wins we can perhaps start to talk about overtaking the teams like Hull, Leicester etc. No reason why we can't do that given our never say die attitude that Freedman has instill in the team.

Onward and upwards!
Agree with most of what you say Jamster- but what troubled me was the quality of their passing game and their ability to find space on the pitch. In regard to playoff places- the top six start playing each other over the next few weeks- and that has to be our opprtunity to make up some ground. But watch Forest- under Billy Davies ( who Nat fancies -she's probably shared a jacuzzi with him) they're winning games too. For the playoffs its still an 8 horse race

109Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 10:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping Cardiff start to falter. My favourites to go up as Champions are Watford and I also think Forest will be the favourites to go up via the play-offs.

As long as we just take one game at a time and keep grinding out the results we might just get into the mix.

110Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 11:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:He's played the last two games and we won.

Kind of proves you're talking shit.

As usual.

:clap:

111Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 12:18

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

ITS ALL KEVS FAUL....

oh we won..

Nothing to do with kev..

112Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 13:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's clear that most people on here think if we win we're ace and if we lose we're a pile of shite.

You can win and still improve. We look a much better team with a combination of Sordell/Ngog/Craig Davies.

113Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 13:59

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Read the SKD supporters remarks....you see stuff like ... "Won a few headers" "put a shift in" ...... you never see...."turned and beat a man" "Took a shot from 25 yards" ...."cut inside and hit the post"......blah blah blah.....
In another post I said there are 9 games left in Kevs career ..... maybe one or two more goals at best. I'm still waiting for anybody to give me a sensible reason to keep other strikers out of the team.

114Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 16:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree with you Nat, and Terenceanne, about SKD, (although 'shite' is somewhat ott). However, it seems that if we win, people aren't allowed to suggest changes, whilst disregarding entirely the quality, or method, of the win.

115Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sun Mar 10 2013, 18:23

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good win yesterday.

Just reminding everyone as quite a few seem to have forgotten.

116Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Mon Mar 11 2013, 07:57

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Good win yesterday.

Just reminding everyone as quite a few seem to have forgotten.
Correct Dave.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum