Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Brighton

+26
doffcocker
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Spillthebeans
Dinae Moe Humm
Copper Dragon
JohannesburgWanderer
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Jamster26
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
wanderlust
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'll wait for the KD verdict from an unbiased source.

He gave it his all, won a few headers in the first half, useless on the ball although he always has been! Tired in the second half and was rightly subbed.

6/10

Thanks boggers. Sounds like a mixed bag.

but clearly we won the game so as a team we did something right!

62Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:28

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Why is my opinion biased? I don't have anything to gain by stating my opinion on the effectiveness of KD one way or the other. Or does my opinion only count when it's a positive review of him?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

63Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

Why is my opinion biased? I don't have anything to gain by stating my opinion on the effectiveness of KD one way or the other. Or does my opinion only count when it's a positive review of him?

You don't like KD.

64Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You don't like KD.

Hipster, maybe one day you'll be able to form your own opinion?

65Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i would if i'd seen the game.

but I'm not one to come on here and pretend i did.

Just interested in peoples opinions. No harm in that.

66Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well i would if i'd seen the game.

But you only trust certain opinions.

67Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well i would if i'd seen the game.

But you only trust certain opinions.

Well i don't trust your opinion for obvious reasons.

Negative twonk.

I like to hear from those who don't have an agenda.

your opinion on bolton is like a Labour MP talking about the Tory Manifesto.

68Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

He gave it his all, won a few headers in the first half, useless on the ball although he always has been! Tired in the second half and was rightly subbed.

6/10

Thanks boggers. Sounds like a mixed bag.

but clearly we won the game so as a team we did something right!

Boggers, could you remember any specific useless moments?
For me this is the thing.

He won a couple of headers, yes, but lost out on the majority. True?
The ones he did win were ones you would not expect anyone not to win, and winning those headers didn't justify his place on the pitch for so long, did it?

Was Craig Davies better, yes or no?

And also, for me, the "useless with the ball" bit is also key. I am not complaining at him for not being Ronaldo or for not making lots of super passes and so on... I am moaning at him for making silly error prone passes to the opposition on several occasions. He also seemed to get the ball mixed up in his own feet without being under any pressure too. He kept making inconsistent or plain wrong runs with his movement off the ball which isolate the man on the ball a number of times.

It was no his day plain and simple. Nothing personal.

69Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Solid defensive performance. Very weak going forward, created very little. The goal itself was a long strike from a full back. Eagles and Lee were quiet and quality was rare up front. Very disillusioned that Kevin Davies is worming his way back in when we were beginning to play with some speed and fluency. You could mistake him for a 56 year old having a kick around at Moss Bank Park today and on Tuesday. I can't believe there are people that still value his game, especially when we have CDavies and Sordell available.

Craig Dawson was my man of the match. Best performance I've seen from a Bolton centre half in a long time.

70Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You don't like KD.

Are you not more likely to end up with a biased result if you only listen to the views of those people who either like or don't mind KD and you discount the view of anyone who generally doesn't like him? Your information will be skewed.

71Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

doffcocker wrote:Very disillusioned that Kevin Davies is worming his way back in when we were beginning to play with some speed and fluency. You could mistake him for a 56 year old having a kick around at Moss Bank Park today and on Tuesday. I can't believe there are people that still value his game, especially when we have CDavies and Sordell available.

THIS^

(or is Doffy biased)

72Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Poor performance, Brighton slightly the better team without ever creating too many chances.

I so want to like Freedman but picking Kevin Davies for the second time in five days was stupid. He can't hold the ball up, pass to a white shirt, or get in a scoring position. It's like playing with ten men.

On the plus side we'd have lost this game under Coyle.

The next two games are vital, 4 points minimum needed. If he plays Kevin Davies again I will be asking him to punch himself in the face.

I agree with you Nat, we would of lost this game under Coyle.

73Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just want unbiased Biggie, I've not known Boggersbelief to say anything pro/neg about KD before tbh, or at least i haven't noticed.

anyway I was just curious, I'm not that bothered, we won.

74Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How we won that I will never know but we did, defence wise we were solid enough but apart from Spearing the rest of the midfield and attack were piss poor and offered very little.

I can see why people keep slating SKD, to be honest I would agree with them on some points but none of our strikers at the moment are doing nothing, yet we have won 5 on the bounce. Ngog was hopeless infront of goal, Sordell when he starts offers little. C.Davies is the only one with any kind of form at the moment but still nothing to write home about.

Anyway onwards and upwards, 5 wins on the bounce and 7 unbeaten, 2 clean sheets on the bounce and very close the play-offs. Very Happy

75Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:48

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Ok Hips.

Just giving my opinion. I too am glad we won. Just wish someone could point out to me what was useful about keeping K Davies on for so long compared to the way we had C Davies perform when he came on.

I also thought Lee needed to come off by the way. He seemed shattered and a lot was not going right form him.

Ngog only showed flashes of usefulness here and there - I would have removed him too.

And I thought the decision to put 3 centre backs on at the end could have cose us we ended up right under the cosh. I felt the best way of relieving the pressure would have been to keep the ball up the other end where they were looking vulnerable.

Anyone know what the red card was for? Dissent I presume?

76Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:
Anyone know what the red card was for? Dissent I presume?

Yes it was.

77Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Biggie, you're right, and scoring or an assist aren't the only criteria, but I still maintain, that all the things you state are what is expected of every player, and if they do all that then they have had a good game, but for me, to be recognised as a good game for a striker, goalie, etc, means that you have accomplished well, the specific task/role you were put on the pitch for. OK, I accept I may be asking for a lot, but its just how I see it.

78Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

gloswhite wrote:Biggie, you're right, and scoring or an assist aren't the only criteria, but I still maintain, that all the things you state are what is expected of every player, and if they do all that then they have had a good game, but for me, to be recognised as a good game for a striker, goalie, etc, means that you have accomplished well, the specific task/role you were put on the pitch for. OK, I accept I may be asking for a lot, but its just how I see it.

Glos, if that is the case, why does Kevin Davies even have a career?

Somebody must have thought he has been doing something right all these years even without goals to his name. Are you saying that he has under achieved in all the games he has not scored or assisted? (ie, 75% of his games)

79Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought we were lucky today to come away with three points. They were sharp and inventive and played some really attractive football. I thought for long periods we looked clumsy. A draw would have been fairer- they played the better football. But I agree that under Coyle we would probably have gone down about 0-3.
If that's how we are going to play to get to the playoffs ,and possibly promotion then it doesn't give me much pleasure. I don't think we're anywhere near good enough at the minute.

80Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listen S.K.D did ok today, he did better than C.Y.L.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum