Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LATEST - Kevin Davies NOT on his way!

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Dinae Moe Humm
observer
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
Lofty_Love
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

£250,000....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

£1m

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was 500k.

Jesus

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't believe that story.

Mine was the true though.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It was £600,000 end of discussion. I live in the North East and if anyone wants to get in a squabble with me over it, come and meet me.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I thought there was talk of a £2m offer from Sunderland but I can't find the source and I could be wrong. Whatever the amount it would still have been the right time to sell him though.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I really thought we should have sold him, he was well past it and his type of play was no longer any good to us. But Coyle didn't have the grapefruits to do it. I agree with xmiles, had he sold him and put Sordell in the team we would have stayed up.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

xmiles wrote:I thought there was talk of a £2m offer from Sunderland but I can't find the source and I could be wrong. Whatever the amount it would still have been the right time to sell him though.

Martin O Neill wanted him on a free as back up for injuries they had at the time,Coyle should have said yes please Martin. He is still a legend but its starting to turn sour all round. Hope we get chance to say bye against the Donkey lashers though,he deserves that much.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The mirror once reported a 1.5 million bid

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I see Kev wasn't even in the squad today. I bet it hurts him not feeling involved or bothered about after all his years of service for the club.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I see Kev wasn't even in the squad today. I bet it hurts him not feeling involved or bothered about after all his years of service for the club.

Something has gone on.

Does anyone know what ?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:I see Kev wasn't even in the squad today. I bet it hurts him not feeling involved or bothered about after all his years of service for the club.

Something has gone on.

Does anyone know what ?

He shat on freedmans espadrilles

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do you reckon it has to do with the TalkSport interview? He said that he was told he wasn't needed and wasn't going to get a testimonial - maybe that wasn't what was said and he made Gartside and Dougie look bad?
Well he won't be getting a testimonial now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, he didn't get a new contract and he's thrown his toys out.

His statements obviously left a bitter taste for both parties.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:

Something has gone on.

Does anyone know what ?
Emma, twitter, nuff said.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Something has gone on.

Does anyone know what ?
Emma, twitter, nuff said.

I'm not on twitter, what does his wife say, or go on about ?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think the more telling part is what Gartside said in the follow up Talk Sport interview about Davies suddenly getting an agent - after years of not wanting one - who approached other clubs illegally.

It's not the illegal bit that is important - I'm sure plenty other players and agents do that - but the loss of trust, respect, honesty to the club and Gartside to do that. He was obviously after another contract and seemingly trying to stimulate other clubs to show interest in him, so that we would think he must be worth at least another year with us.

If the story about why he didn't go to Toronto is true too - he wanted one of the clubs to cover his tax for playing in Canada - it would seem already multimillionaire Team Davies is far more interested in another fat contract rather than simply for playing the game for it whilst he still can - and certainly not because he's hard up and needs any more money (probably ever!).

It's telling to me also about the testimonial.

Clearly BEFORE the Talk Sport interview he never had any interest in a testimonial (Gardner's never seem to be bothered about his either remember).

I'm guessing this as got something to do with how the tax on a testimonial would effect him, rather than anything else - why else not get one fixed up for his charity and get cracking on it?

Seems he is more bothered about screwing every last penny whilst he can rather than give something back to the fans and the club that as made him wealthy beyond his wildest dreams.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has he gone down in your estimations Sluffy ?

Or anybody else for that matter.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well yes and no I guess.

I think some how that because you play football people tend to overlook who the man actually is.

There's loads of examples where the person - Diouf, Terry, Barton, Marlon King, Holdsworth, Collymore, etc is somehow forgiven by many for being a right shit of a human being simply because he plays football for your particular club.

All that Davies as done I suppose is to screw another few hundred grand more for himself whilst he can - but it it how he's gone about doing it - and more pertainly WHY he felt he needed to do it (he's a millionaire many times over already), that stinks to me.

He was a legend as a footballer for us no doubt about that BUT once you have wiped your star struck eyes he now seems to have shown himself as nothing more than yet another hugely paid mercenary who thought more about one last big pay deal by attempting to screw the money from the club when he could have walked away so easily like a prince with his head held high and the undying affection from all the fans of our great club.

I've no doubt many will still thing him a legend no matter what but for me life isn't about football, it is about how you live it - and greedy multimillionaire bastards don't rate very highly to me.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Well yes and no I guess.

I think some how that because you play football people tend to overlook who the man actually is.

There's loads of examples where the person - Diouf, Terry, Barton, Marlon King, Holdsworth, Collymore, etc is somehow forgiven by many for being a right shit of a human being simply because he plays football for your particular club.

All that Davies as done I suppose is to screw another few hundred grand more for himself whilst he can - but it it how he's gone about doing it - and more pertainly WHY he felt he needed to do it (he's a millionaire many times over already), that stinks to me.

He was a legend as a footballer for us no doubt about that BUT once you have wiped your star struck eyes he now seems to have shown himself as nothing more than yet another hugely paid mercenary who thought more about one last big pay deal by attempting to screw the money from the club when he could have walked away like a prince with his head held high and the undying affection from all the fans of our great club.

I've no doubt many will still thing him a legend no matter what but for me life isn't about football, it is about how you live it - and greedy multimillionaire bastards don't rate very highly to me.

I agree with what you say, he's gone down in my estimation.

Do you not think he's under the thumb, and all this is his Mrs doing though ?

What a sad ending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum