Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LATEST - Kevin Davies NOT on his way!

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Dinae Moe Humm
observer
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
Lofty_Love
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1LATEST - Kevin Davies NOT on his way! Empty LATEST - Kevin Davies NOT on his way! Wed Apr 24 2013, 09:20

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just a few things to clear up with Toronto apparently.

I find it a bit sad the way it has all ended. There has clearly been a big fall out and the club are trying to just get shut of him, wouldn't be surprised if there was no testimonial.

I in no way think he should be given another contract here but I don't agree with the way the club has treated him.

I aslo don't like the way that Gartsides private PR machine The Bolton News are constantly trying to claim that Wanderers are somehow being generous by letting him go:

'The decision represents a show of goodwill from the Whites'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good Luck and thanks Kev.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Perhaps he was sulking afterall, time to move on!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Lofty. I think it could have been handled better.

Triumph, nice avatar.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh boo hoo, a footballer isn't showered with money and praise.

He was once a good player, but a good player that was paid handsomely. If he was "such a great guy" he'd have taken a huge pay cut when the club got relegated.

Good riddance I say, we owe him nothing. He's lucky we didn't sack him 12 months ago for being shit.

I look forward to more tweets from his awful missus about how they're going to struggle on just the £5k per week he'll get elsewhere.

For once, I agree 100% with Phil Gartside.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hot off the press..... It's a done deal...

Kevin Davies is set to join MLS side Toronto today with Bolton paying half his wages. the former skipper, 36, is out of favour at the Reebok and will be out of contract in the summer. Toronto wanted to sign him on a free but could not afford his wages without Bolton's help.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Oh boo hoo, a footballer isn't showered with money and praise.

He was once a good player, but a good player that was paid handsomely. If he was "such a great guy" he'd have taken a huge pay cut when the club got relegated.

Good riddance I say, we owe him nothing. He's lucky we didn't sack him 12 months ago for being shit.

I look forward to more tweets from his awful missus about how they're going to struggle on just the £5k per week he'll get elsewhere.

In fairness you've no idea what wage cut he took this season so most of your criticism is unjustified.

A great servant to the club but the right move for everyone really, hope he's a big success at Toronto. Great place to spend a couple of years IMO better than Sheffield, good choice Kev.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's like going on holiday over there in Canada......he will get paid and have a nice kick around with other ex-pats.
A lap around the pitch after the Blackpool game would have been nice for the fans and a nice goodbye. SKD has provided lots of banter on this board if nothing else ....Now time to move on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

In fairness you've no idea what wage cut he took this season so most of your criticism is unjustified.

In fairness I know exactly what wage cut he took.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

In fairness I know exactly what wage cut he took.

Please elaborate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Please elaborate.

I have a mole who is quite pally with Mr Davies. He took a 17.5% pay cut.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:Hot off the press..... It's a done deal...

Kevin Davies is set to join MLS side Toronto today with Bolton paying half his wages. the former skipper, 36, is out of favour at the Reebok and will be out of contract in the summer. Toronto wanted to sign him on a free but could not afford his wages without Bolton's help.

Wow you would think the club had let Ronaldo leave on a free by the way some are going off on one, on twitter.

I'm not going over old ground but the club haven't done a thing wrong IMO, they told him they were not going to renew his contract in the summer. Davies has been rather childish in all of this by the way he went on TalkSport.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, I think so too. I hope it doesn't tar what he has done for us over the years but the way he has handled things have been really poor.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Oh boo hoo, a footballer isn't showered with money and praise.

Now Natasha, how many of us could live on a paltry 5,000 pounds per week? Would you marry a man who could not bring in more than that? I think not.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I aslo don't like the way that Gartsides private PR machine The Bolton News are constantly trying to claim that Wanderers are somehow being generous by letting him go:

'The decision represents a show of goodwill from the Whites'

----

How is paying half his wages not a show of goodwill? Surely that wife of his will find a way to complain about it but can't see how anyone else could. The man has been very well paid for a decade, he would have got/will get a testimonial if he wants one. The club owes him nothing.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really sure about the bad feeling towards the club in this respect.

all the best to Kev, hope he becomes a fan favourite in Canada. Superb opportunity for him and his family. Very few get it.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hopefully Craig Davies, Sordell or Tome Eaves don't get injured.

Seems strange that we're letting him go with 2 games and possibly the play-offs still to come.

Good luck to him though.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That Lester is supposed to be a good prospect. Maybe Dougie has faith in him to step up if need be.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of people say that Zac Clough is looking like he could be good.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:That Lester is supposed to be a good prospect. Maybe Dougie has faith in him to step up if need be.

We've signed Jack Lester? Good move, he's a better finisher than every striker we have.

Perhaps I underestimated Dougie.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We wont miss him, Bogdan has more chance of scoring than Kev did.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum