Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LATEST - Kevin Davies NOT on his way!

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Dinae Moe Humm
observer
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
Lofty_Love
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, it is sad it's ending this way to be honest.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Yeah, it is sad it's ending this way to be honest.

Who's to blame though?

The club or him.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think the club are to blame at all. Davies must have surely known there was a possibility of us not renewing his contract, (36 now?). I just think he's handled it all the wrong way.

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It's a no win situation for player and club.
We know SKD's power and influence has wained over the last 12months, but i would have loved him to be on the bench for the next 4 games, in the right frame of mind to possibly change the course of a game in our favour and walk away a true legend, but sadly this will not now be the case.
We're not that well blessed in the forward dept and this situation may well come back to bite us on the arse

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:It's a no win situation for player and club.
We know SKD's power and influence has wained over the last 12months, but i would have loved him to be on the bench for the next 4 games, in the right frame of mind to possibly change the course of a game in our favour and walk away a true legend, but sadly this will not now be the case.
We're not that well blessed in the forward dept and this situation may well come back to bite us on the arse

Poor management in my opinion.

Yes, Davies has been crap for two seasons or more now, but he should still be on the bench.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes, Davies has been crap for two seasons or more now, but he should still be on the bench.

What do you think has happened between him and Gartside though ?

Something has kicked off, and its bitter.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In fairness to Dougie, he may have been told not to pick Davies - but if that's not the case it's bad management and "cutting off your nose to spite your face" as my Dad would say.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:

No he shouldn't.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

No he shouldn't.

This.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But have we missed Kev? To be honest he is just too slow and not the style of striker we need any more.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, I don't think we need him any more to be honest. I think Eaves more than enough in his cameo that he could help us if we were going to play a target man.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ha, a classic Nat flip flop, now the tide has turned against Davies completely she's moving back into the he should be on the bench.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know enough about what's gone on to know the exact extent of Davies' innocence in the matter.
What's for sure is there's always been a lot of naivety regarding Kevin on many a Bolton fan's part. Some would have you believe he'd play for the club for free. There's always been a limit to his loyalty, because he's a human being.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear there was some deviousness on his part, not because I distinctly believed him to be that sort of person, but because it's representative of the nature of modern day football largely thanks to the influence of the sewer rat agents, and that he appears genuine and committed to the club is no assurance that he wouldn't be partial to the sort of unsavory tactics that are rife in the game.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Obviously, the Talksport interview didn't go down well at the club and BKD hasn't had a sniff of the first team squad since.

Kevin Davies's internet mouth piece, aka Emma Davies, well she hasn't even tweeted since 14th April. Very odd!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:ha, a classic Nat flip flop, now the tide has turned against Davies completely she's moving back into the he should be on the bench.

Not at all, he's shit and I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team. But with Ngog injured we only have 4 fit strikers.

If we need a goal or something different with 10 minutes to go against Blackpool I'd rather see Davies coming on than Eaves.

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

There's definitely something going on behind the scenes. You don't go from captain and a regular in the side to not even being in the squad in such a short space of time in such an average squad.

I agree he's past it, but with 7 subs he should always be on the bench.

Just becoz davis is older than me dosnt mean he shudnt be on the bench

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol! You moan for 2 years about how Davies shouldn't be anywhere near the team and is shit.

He gets dropped and suddenly he should be on the bench. scratch

This is a new low for you.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

lol! You moan for 2 years about how Davies shouldn't be anywhere near the team and is shit.

You are becoming a skilled bullshitter. Can the mods please check to see if the IP addresses for 1874 and Hipster are the same?

Please link me to where I said Davies should be left out of the squad altogether. I wanted him out of the team, but he still has a part to play when things are desperate.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

:agree:

a FlipFlop of epic proportions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum