Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LATEST - Kevin Davies NOT on his way!

+22
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
Lyric Todkill
xmiles
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Keegan
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Dinae Moe Humm
observer
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
Lofty_Love
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zac clough is the best striker at the club.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:The club owes him nothing.

This. And it's a depressing reflection on society that there are people who think otherwise. No footballer deserves anything like what he's pocketed over the years.
If this was the days where they had to find a career after football to get by, I'd probably feel differently.

What's actually gone on is too unclear to decide on exactly who the good and bad guys are, from my point of view. From the outside looking in, I'd say Kevin got used to contract renewal after contract renewal despite bringing very little of any use to the table, assumed the same would happen this summer and reacted badly to being told it wouldn't.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougie seems to handle things differently contract wise to coyle and meggo - he kind of did the same with Petrov when he let him out of his contract early to go to Espanyol.

Our Douglas has no room for sentiment that's for sure.

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Wed Apr 24 2013, 15:14; edited 1 time in total

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

In Clough, Lester, Eaves & Odelusi, we have a lot of promising strikers - if Sampson can finid the form that his early promise indicated, he could join that list as well.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:In Clough, Lester, Eaves & Odelusi, we have a lot of promising strikers - if Sampson can finid the form that his early promise indicated, he could join that list as well.

Dream on. If they were any good they'd have been blooded by now - our current strikers are hardly banging them in.

We need to sell Ngog & Sordell this Summer and spend all of the money on a striker who actually knows how to shoot.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Davies pulls out of Toronto deal to stick with Wanderers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But a last-minute contractual hitch has now scuppered the deal completely

In other words, he wanted more money. Or his wife did.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Triumph wrote:Davies pulls out of Toronto deal to stick with Wanderers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KEVIN Davies has announced that he will not be leaving Wanderers to join Toronto FC before the end of the season.

The Whites skipper’s move to the MLS looked a mere formality last night after a settlement agreement had been reached, leaving the striker free to move to Canada immediately.

But a last-minute contractual hitch has now scuppered the deal completely, prompting Davies to issue the following statement declaring that he will be staying at Bolton until the end of the season.

He wrote: “It has been a complete rollercoaster since first speaking with Ryan Nelsen on April 18. As it stands today I will not be leaving for Toronto FC, as reported.

My young family and I were naturally very excited about the opportunity of going to Toronto on a short term deal but after legal advice we felt that certain obstacles put in our way were too large to overcome.

“Whilst it has been the toughest month of my 10-year BWFC career I remain, as I always have done, 100 per cent committed to the club. I will finish the season here and continue with my high standards as a professional footballer. I will be ready if the manager needs me and hopefully have a part to play in helping the club return to the Premier League.

“I would like to thank all the fans for their support. As the season and my time with Bolton comes to an end, we will look at the offers received from clubs in both the UK and abroad and decide where my family's future will be.

“I have some fantastic memories of the last 10 years and feel honoured to have been the captain of this great club for the last five years. Hopefully, it will finish with a fairytale ending.”

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Keegan wrote:In Clough, Lester, Eaves & Odelusi, we have a lot of promising strikers - if Sampson can find the form that his early promise indicated, he could join that list as well.

Dream on. If they were any good they'd have been blooded by now - our current strikers are hardly banging them in...

Of that list, three have been on the bench this season and one has gotten a game.
I should follow Emma on Twitter so I can ask her to let Kev stop sulking and contribute before his time with us ends.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lester was going to come on against Middlesboro.

But the full time whistle went before he got on.

I think it was him anyway.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Lester was going to come on against Middlesboro.

But the full time whistle went before he got on.

I think it was him anyway.

So was I!

Bastard whistle.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon from about an hour ago -

Q - what's going on with Davies al. Why has he had to seek "legal advice?"

Nixon - Not worth getting excited about. Had a move. Turned it down.

Q - has he had a offer from a English club Al?

Nixon - Don't think that is what this is about.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I've actually stopped caring what happens to SKD. A club legend in his time and possibly one of the best value for money players we've had but ... it's time for him to move on and unfortunately that clueless idiot Coyle didn't move him on at the right time. We had the chance to sell him last season for £2m. If we had done so maybe Coyle would have played Sordell and maybe we would have stayed up. Of course if that had happened we would be bottom of the Prem now with about 10 points.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Maybe, be also about £70 million better off too!

Funny how Team Davies move to Leeds fell through at the last minute also!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Who could we have sold him to for £2million last season?

I thought Sunderland offered £200,000 or something.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland offered half a million.

I think he means a few seasons ago when hull offered £2mill for him

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Who could we have sold him to for £2million last season?

I thought Sunderland offered £200,000 or something.

£750,000

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

£200,000.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£5 million .

Last edited by scottjames30 on Wed Apr 24 2013, 21:03; edited 1 time in total